“Nasty taste in the mouth”
Review of U Style Hotel

U Style Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sakon Nakhon
U Style Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Sakon Nakhon
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I arrived at this hotel late on a saturday night. I had pre-booked for 2 nights because I wanted to keep the room until the following evening although i wouldn't be sleeping in the room on the second night. On arrival, and as expected, I was asked to pay up front. No problem and I handed over notes just over the required amount and was given change. I was then asked for a further 300THB as key deposit which I would have returned to me on departure. Again no problem.

I was given directions to the room and headed up. In the room there was no electricity. I put the key fob in and out of the required slot several times but no power. I returned to the reception area and they laughed when telling me they had forgotten to turn on the power from their controls. Back up to the room and power was on.

Room was adequate and the aircon worked which for me was a blessing. Only water (2 bottles) was in the fridge but I didn't expect a mini bar so no problem again.

On the following day I spent most of the day out with friends and family but had a flight to catch in the late evening. I agreed to be picked up at 7:30pm and went back to the hotel to pack and check out.

On attempting to check out i was informed that I had a further night's room charge to pay. Having paid for 2 nights and only stayed 1 night I was not best pleased. The receptionist was not the same as from the night before and she called colleague on her handphone and handed it to me. We had a long argument where the lady on the phone kept insisting that because I was checking out late I should pay an extra night and seemed incapable (or unwilling) to listen to me when I told her I had already paid for the 2nd night. To cut a long story short my flight time was looming and I did not have the time to argue any longer. My girlfriend back in the UK took up the conversation a few hours later. She had made the booking on my behalf and is from this part of Thailand. She received no better response and again was left feeling that they could not understand that I had already paid for the night. The loss is minor. I paid the extra night in order to leave.

This has left a nasty taste in the mouth. I can't deny that part of me feels that I have been scammed. I am an English speaker off the tourist track and maybe I was viewed as a target. if that was not the case then the hotel staff are inept.

The room was acceptable, the (booked) price was reasonable but I cannot, in all conscience, recommend anybody else to stay there and I will never set foot in this hotel or any others of the brand

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo