Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
$65
Premier Inn Sevenoaks / Maidstone Hotel(Wrotham Heath)(Great Value!)
$64
Travelocity
$82
$74
  • Pool
All reviewsafternoon teabrands hatchcream teamy mumwedding breakfastdvd playerwedding receptionrestaurant staffexecutive rooma lot of noiseevery member of staffevening mealbrandshatch placethree course mealbirthday celebrationfood was lovelyenjoyable stay
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We booked 2 nights at the hotel in the master suite as a late Valentines getaway. On arrival, we noticed how noisy the road was from outside, this wasn't a problem once in the room but we were disappointed the garden wasn't a more relaxing environment. We were greeted by extremely helpful and attentive staff who promptly showed us to our room. We weren't that impressed by the general decor of the hallways of the hotel, it seemed a bit dated but our room was decorated beautifully. We were given all the information we needed and left alone to settle in. Now, some pros and cons of the room; pros - beautifully decorated, good space, bathroom adequate size, heat in the room was easy to adjust either by the radiator or opening the window (although we could only get one open and the view wasn't too good), toiletries were lovely and the icing on the cake was the bed, it was SO comfortable and luxurious. However, the cons of the room - there was a thick layer of dust on the headboard of the bed, not exactly a hard place to clean, it's not like we were reaching on top of cupboards to find dust, it was right next to our heads, spotlit perfectly by the lights above the bed! The bath panel had some screws showing where the covers had come off and the shower door looked like it had seen better days, with the handle basically rusting away so badly that I actually stabbed my finger on it when I opened the door and the bedside lamp had a huge crack in the base of it, all in all, not things you expect when booking what was supposed to be, one of the best rooms in the hotel. We went for a little explore to the spa, which looked good(didn't get to actually use it) but was a little bit of a slightly confusing and warren-like trek from the room. In the evening, I enjoyed a nice relaxing bath and we ordered room service for dinner. The menu offers a really good selection of meals, which was bought up to us promptly and by a very polite gentleman. The food was delicious, a little rich for me but you could tell it was really good quality stuff, no complaints there! At around 11.30-ish, we could hear a lot of commotion going on downstairs (the hotel bar/restaurant seemed pretty busy, so was probably just people leaving), which was fine, the sort of noise you'd expect to hear in a hotel. However, we both slept absolutely dreadfully thanks to a sort of droning noise for parts of the night (sounded like washing machines but might have been extractor fan) and an intermittent clunking noise, which sounded like plumbing. I'm quite a light sleeper but even my boyfriend, who usually sleeps like a log had trouble, between us we had about an hours sleep and woke up incredibly tired and not at all relaxed! We had ordered breakfast the night before, which offered us a wide choice of food and was delivered right on time. This would have been great had the toast not been burnt, cold and with the butter too cold to spread. I understand that the kitchen can be a way from the room, meaning the toast isn't always warm but surely there's no excuse for it being burnt? After breakfast, because I suffer from a medical condition that requires my sleep be adequate, we sadly had to make the choice to leave a day early. The staff were incredibly helpful and sorted out a partial refund for us, it made having to cut our weekend away short, a little less painful. Overall, the room we had seemed a little overpriced for what we got, it was a bit tatty round the edges and not quite the level of luxury we were expecting when we booked a 'master suite' and like I said, it was a shame the gardens weren't quiet enough to sit and relax in. It's a huge shame we were disappointed with our stay but the staff were so wonderful and helpful that it took the sting out of it a little bit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misasky
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a detailed review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you found the stay to be only average, however I do appreciate the very balanced review you have written, and we will be sure to look at the points that need action. We are investing significantly in to bedroom refurbishement this year and we have already addressed the noise problem you encountered overnight whilst trying to sleep. I will be sure to pass on your feeback to the team as I know they will want to quickly address your feedback such as the dust and maintenance issues you observed in the room and the service of overcooked toast. Please accept our sincere apologies for these issues.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff on how attentive and helpful they were, and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at some point in the future, where we will assure you our very best of attention.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great country hotel with excellent spa facilities. Food is expensive but very good. All staff were extra friendly, helpful and professional. A small problem with my room service was sorted out very quickly and efficiently and staff did everything they could to put this right.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and found the service to be excellent from the team, I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

KIndest regards

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked the Sunday night club offer as a treat for my girlfriend and I and wasn't disappointed. From the minute we arrived we were met with very friendly professional staff. Our room in the main house was very well presented with everything we would want for our stay. Very comfortable bed, good hot shower, more than enough good quality towels and toiletries. The cream tea in the afternoon was fantastic and again was delivered very professionally. I booked a table for an evening meal and what an amazing meal it was, both my girlfriend and I could not fault it. Presentation, quality and of course taste were just ten out of ten. The whole experience was a pleasure and I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel, we will return soon and make use of the spa.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and score. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and shared your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is great to hear how amazing you thought the food and service was, and I will be sure to share your kind comments with the team, they will be really pleased.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were given a overnight stay with breakfast and a massage followed by a afternoon tea as a christmas present. It was all of a good quality, with excellent staff sevice and a very enjoyable weekend. Only slight negitive is the warren like passages to the rooms, ok for us but would have been a problem if you had an mobility issues. Otherwise very good and a good quality experiance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review.

We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your Christmas present of an overnight stay with us at Brandshatch Place Hotel. The team will be delighted that they had such a positive impact on your stay with us, and I will be sure to pass on your great feedback.

Being a Georgian Country Manor House, some of our corridors are a little long however we are pleased to state that we do have disabled access to most of the hotel, health club and spa for any guest that may need mobility assistance.

We hope to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Regards

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked a Sat night stay to check out the hotel as a wedding venue. The wedding area is more or less separate to the hotel which is nice. I especially liked they arranged all the wedding guests to have breakfast in a separate room. There is also child care facilities. The gym facilities are very good. There is a good choice for breakfast.
The areas of improvements are the serving staff at the restaurant.
I was in Room 21 and not sure why there is a permanant extractor fan noise all night.

Room Tip: Not 21 as there is the extractor fan noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew_Oxby, General Manager at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and naturally you wanted to experience the hotel before considering it for a wedding venue.

Thank you for your feedback on the restaurant team, and I will be sure to address your comments with the new Food & Beverage Manager who starts with us next week, and I will get the Maintenance Manager to correct the extract noise that can be heard from room 21. The extractor fan should be on a timer and go off at night, please accept my apologies that this did not happen on the evening when you stayed with us.

I was also pleased that you could view a wedding that was happeneing in the hotel during your stay, so hopefully it gave you a good insight into how your day may run. I would certainly recommend our 'Exclusive Use' wedding package, where you can then have your very own private Georgian Manor House for your special day.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention, and hopefully for your wedding day.

Please do contact us should you require any further information regarding Weddings at Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa.