“Tea”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Good thing we booked! Absolutely packed on a Saturday night.

Our table had Vegetarian Risotto and crumbed scallops. Both meals were presented nicely and the food was beautiful!

Very loud inside and almost need to yell to have a convo but great atmosphere and friendly staff.

I only ate about half my risotto and they offered to box the left over for me to take home without me having to ask!

My second time there and food was consistent. Nice looking takeaway menu too. We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Broomhallb
There are newer reviews for Belly's Bar & Grill

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We live on the same block as Belly's and ate there for the 1st time tonight after hearing mixed reports. We were a party of 6, 4 of whom were happy although we waited an hour after ordering for food all of which tasted very good. One of the group ordered lamb which was delivered to him while he was having a conversation and consequently didn't begin to eat immediately when it was whisked away again with the comment ooooh I've made a mistake and later a different meal the one he had actual ordered wad delivered. . Two of us ordered duck and mushroom risotto and were quite hungry by this stage when two very small servings arrived which we felt at $28.90, was a rip off. We made our feelings known to the waitress when she asked if every thing was alright but were not compensated in any way. it will be a long time before we go back even though it all tasted very good.

1  Thank ChrisnHelen
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having booked a table at this restaurant based on the 'rave' reviews, and inability to get in a couple of weeks earlier as it was fully booked, we arrived just before our booking time to an almost empty restaurant and had to wait some 10 minutes to be seated. We were then shown to table 10 which was right next to the entrance door (where we had been waiting) and next to the bar (where people queued to pay). I asked if there was something else available, and was told no - even though the place was not full, and still not full by the time we left.

I then asked about their 'gluten free' menu, and was told there was no separate menu, but was told I could have a couple of different options on the menu which weren't clearly identified, and that I could have this without that, etc, with nothing to replace it. Given I was advised they offered gluten free options, this was disappointing, not to mention the otherwise extremely limited menu options which I would have found lacking even if I had been able to select from the full menu.

I ended up having a veggie 'burger' on gluten free bread which was floury to say the least. It came out barely warm, and the carrots and sweet potato weren't even cooked through. It was pretty tasteless, and a very small serving.

My partner had the chicken from the special board which was supposed to be stuffed with sun-dried tomato's, but apart from one small piece of the chicken that had sun-dried tomato's in it, that was all.

The service was only just ok, and given we were pretty much ignored by staff (not sure if that was because I asked for a different table) and we sat in a walkway, overall this restaurant was a BIG disappointment.

Won't be going back, and suggest you don't bother either.

4  Thank fairywings2507
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We eat here regularly and have never been disappointed. They are so obliging. Can highly recommend breakfasts!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

It's a good feed here for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Priced nicely. Have been very happy with all our visits. I can highly recommend.