“I would not do the stocktake”
Review of Reliquaire

Reliquaire
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Latrobe
Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Australia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“I would not do the stocktake”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I'm not a shopper, to be perfectly honest I despise shopping. But when we have friends and family down to our place for a stay, I always mention to then about having a look at Reliquaire. I have also mentioned visiting Reliquaire in the TA Forums many a time. In my opinion it is a unique store, which sells the most incredible range of goods. As in my title I would refuse to do the stock take, there is just so much stuff to see. And even though we are nearly locals, my wife never leaves without buying something :0( Worth a visit.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rob T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rude staff member”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Nice shop, but experience was ruined by a staff member who talked to my wife like she was a child telling her that her hand bag was "dangerous" and to tuck it in or she would have to take it. It was the very rude way she said this in a room full of people that had us heading for the door quickly, as someone who works in customer service I was appalled that business that relies on the public could be so rude to them.

5 Thank juzten
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

better than a museum! Antiques and ew items all tied together with art works and dolls and bears in an old house in the main street of Latrobe. So much to see. Children would love it!

Visited April 2012
Brisbane, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Has to be seen to be believed”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Reliquaire is in a place all on it's own, a must see. The only shop that I have ever been in that supplies you with a map, not so much to stop you getting lost but to help prevent traffic jams. I visited this shop 3 times while we were in Tasmania and every time, found something new and exciting. It would be so easy to spend a while day wondering through the maze of rooms and unique things that reside here.

Visited March 2012
Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 215 helpful votes
“A unique experience”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I don't care whether you've shopped at Harrods or some fancy store in America, you've never shopped at a place like this. From when you walk in the door and are greeted by fudge bearing assistants to when you walk out with your goods (yes, you will buy something), it's an hour you'll never forget.
From the stuffed 3/4 size dolls to the weird scientific stuff to the classical Renaissance style garden statuary; this shop is different.
It's actually a two storey house that's been converted into a shop......actually, a shopping experience the like of which you've never had before. What makes it even stranger is that it's in a small town like Latrobe.
One of the top ten things to do in Tasmania.

Visited November 2011