“Great food, cozy atmosphere”
Review of La Olada

La Olada
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Jose Ignacio
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We really enjoyed this restaurant - one we went to because during low season (early Dec) everything else was closed, but one we would have gone to anyway. We went twice, it was so good! They have ample outdoor seating (with two fires) and 5-6 tables inside. It is very rustic and cozy, and the resident cat, Lucy, will come up to you for a little petting every now and then. We had the lamb which absolutely fell apart it was so tender, the steak which was one of the best we've had on the continent and the mussel ravioli which was perfectly cooked and so flavourful. It's a testament to how good the food was when we can also rave about the sides - juicy eggplant and zucchini and a perfectly crispy-yet-soft-in-the-center potato.

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Lunchtime visit and what a lunch it was! Great outdoor location (indoor seating available) with house garden with herbs and salad that go straight into the cooking / I've heard the mojitos are good, will try next time!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

La Olada is one of the most charming restaurants I’ve experienced. I believe it’s only open for dinner and only in the high season (summer in Uruguay). We visited on Thanksgiving and it was one of few restaurants in the Jose Ignacio area that was open for dinner. Best to call first. There is a front garden, lit by lanterns, with outdoor seating, as well as a small, candlelit restaurant with a bohemian chic style. The menu was small – beef, lamb, fish and pasta for main courses – but everything was delicious. Great desserts. Service was excellent.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It's been about 2 years since we've been there, but a friend was looking for recommendations... so I figured I'd write a review of this place as well since it brought back such good memories. There aren't that many places to eat in Jose Ignacio, but this place doesn't just rely on that. They put out great food. I love the indoor / outdoor vibe to this place.

The food was great. The thing that I remember most vividly is when they ran out of lettuce. One of the staff simply went outside and picked some fresh from their garden. Now, that's what I call local! I would highly recommend this place being on your places to eat. There's always La Huella, but this place has a totally different vibe. It's much more laid back and easy going. You'll have a great meal.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Down a dirt road, well off the beaten path, we were greeted by a roaring fire and charming staff, and had a delicious dinner with local specialities.