All reviews lake bafa nice view the kitchen restaurant grove trees oliva birds spot road
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Everything is fine, kitchen is nice. Rooms are clean, cosy and large.
But the water is a bit different, it was like salty or something, it was odd.
The hotel has beautiful garden and trees and has a nice view.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank etacarinae1
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night as a midway stop between towns. It's well located right off the highway and the various buildings are set well back from the road.

It's a charming spot, with gorgeous stone paths and staircases throughout, as well as olive trees and various flowering bushes. The food at the restaurant is quite good, and available from 8am until 930pm. The service in the kitchen and dining area is great, an older gentleman who speaks great English is happy to recommend the best dishes and tell you which meze is available to you.

That said, no one else seems to speak any English at all, which isn't a deal breaker except that all the info you need (hours of the restaurant for example) aren't listed anywhere. When checking in, they didn't seem aware of our reservation.

The room itself was a little dated but the beds were comfy and the water hit! The a/c worked like a charm (room 25) and our view was gorgeous. A good influx of cash would do great things for this spot that has so much potential.

It should be noted that this is not an accessible place by any means, and all the paths are on inclines so while you don't need to be in top shape, the walk from the water front back to the top is tough! (It was also midday mid summer...)

We would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cassandra C
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We booked two nights here as a stop over on a long trip and to do a little local Trekking .
The room was very big and what looked like a large Double bed was two singles pushed together which left a large gap in the middle... The walls where peeling and the room felt Damp.. The shower Room was basic and getting any hot water was near impossible....
And this was meant to be a "Superior Room" ha ha ha....
As we were leaving The Manager decided to just an argument over the room bill!!! I asked for 2 nights B n B and was told 180 lira when I was going to leave he said that was one night price !!! I just laughed and told him he was having a laugh and paid up my 180 lira and left... Just a bad business Man as my friends and family were going to be in the area in July and might have stayed there ..NOT Now..... !!!
The Only Good thing about the place was Memhet who runs the restaurant part of the business who was very helpful even finding us a great local trekking Guide for the bargain price of 80 lira for the half day trek we wanted....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnboybrett
Silva_Oliva, General Manager at Hotel Silva Oliva, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Hotel owners beware of this customer. They tricked us with "defining" our given room price per night to a room price given for two nights. I have all the emails and there was never written that the price is for two nights. They immediately threatened me to write a bad review on Tripadvisor if I charge for two nights. We charged only a single night but here we go. From the beginning I never had the intention to charge for two nights. I wanted only to explain the situation because I am very uncomfortable with being called a cheater. But the customer didn't give me a chance to explain the situation. So I emailed the customer to explain the situation but they never turned back. I explained that they can check the prices on our website to verify that this was a misunderstanding. I also gave the hint that the prices of our competitors are higher than ours and they all are not located directly by the lake and are more the category of pensions. I think that if we would cheat on our customers there would be more than this "review" on Tripadvisor.

This review is not honest because:

This customer did not ask for a room with a double bed. We have also rooms with double beds.

There was all the time hot water available. Due to the long runs of water pipes they have only to wait one or to minutes for the hot water to come. They did not complain this issue to anybody in our hotel.

I checked the room and I have to admit that in one corner some paint fell off. But the rooms are not damp.

This customers are living in Turkey and know very well that they could never find any similar place for "their" price. If they factor out the price for our very good breakfast then they stayed almost for free.

P.S.: The "bargain" price for a local guide is our hotel policy not to charge anything on top for this service. This is a showcase for our business ethics.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

I bought 2 bottles of organic olive oil from the restaurant after having breakfast, made the old traditional way. It is the best in comparison to the ones I have ever tasted in Italy and Spain. Lovely place. Mehmet bey was a great manager. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

We stumbled across Hotel Silva Oliva completely by chance (or was it providence?). Being there in the shoulder season (October) we had the place almost to ourselves, yet still had decent weather. The view from our room, the food, the kayak on the lake, and exploring the 9th - 13th century Byzantine ruins are memories that will stay with us a long long time.

Stayed: October 2015