“Very disappointing.. ”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Trigger Pond
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly I have eaten here during the day without complaint and live local. Last night was a different experience however.
The table was cleaned and left soaking wet. Myself and the barman delivering the wine dried it with napkins. Ordered a bottle of Chablis, it was warm. The barman said he thought it might be! Why serve it? He went out of his way to cool it in an ice bucket which worked but at about £32 a bottle not great! I had to ask twice for a jug of water.
London prices but not London service.
Starter delivered after being taken to every other table first??? Perhaps a new waiter!!
Main course..... my chilli was superb. My partner had chicken skewer with garlic dressing. No garlic on the chicken but all on the veg in the tray below, Suggesting the skewer went on last. Chicken was cooked but cold. This was taken off the bill without problem.
We were offered the dessert menu but declined. Laughable really.
I also heard the waitress apologising to the table next to me..........standards have obviously dropped!!
Never again

1  Thank SUZYWIL
HarwoodW1, Owner at The Trigger Pond, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments which have now been addressed with the team to ensure improved standards going forward.
We take all comments very seriously and hope you will indeed try us again as this is not what we expect our customers to receive.

Write a reviewReviews (668)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just had an amazing meal here. There were 9 of us mixed ages. Food was wonderful and service was even better. We were lucky to have Leanne serving us. She was brilliant and kept us highly entertained. Thank you for a great evening.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Trigger Pond is somewhere I would recommend to others. We went with a large party which included small children and babies. Despite being busy they accommodated all orders (a wide range of options for a Sunday lunch - roasts as well as other options) and the food came out well cooked and hot. Leanne, who looked after us, worked hard to make sure all was ok with everyone on the table. Another great meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I rarely give a one star rating as I always research restaurants prior to visiting. However, we were taken here by family as a treat, which as it turned out made complaining a little awkward.

Having been in the business for many years, there are two rules which you don’t break. 1. Do not send out a dish that does not match the description on the menu, without first consulting with the diner. 2. Do not send out a dish which is not up to standard and which you would not be happy to pay for. Unfortunately, they failed on both counts.

The vegetable skewer should have had onion and aubergines to complement the halloumi and peppers. Instead I got some bland boiled potatoes which was even worse considering chips were included in the dish too. £13.50 for a meal that cost around 2.00 to make!

One of my favourite dishes is cheesecake. It should have a light chewy bottom and a thick topping with a bit of substance. The sorry excuse of a dessert that arrived looked like something a child would make. The slurry of pink sludge will haunt me forever. I managed two spoonfuls just to taste it, which sat on my chest all night.

There were a number of other service issues I observed during the evening which were down to lack of organisation and professionalism. This place is not cheap and despite looking stylish has no substance, particularly in the cheesecake

1  Thank docfun
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our family group of ten returned after our first a year before. Jo and all of her amazing staff made it feel like a friends reunion. The design and attention to detail is incredibly well thought out. Elegant but cozy, beautiful but not intimidating. The service is relaxed and friendly whilst still being excellent... and the food.....WOW!! Well sourced produce cooked and presented with style whilst managing to make you feel relaxed and at home. It’s the perfect balance and I wish it was my local. Thanks guys, you’re worth our journey every time xx