Tripadvisor
Meedhoo
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I spent a relaxing 2 days at Beach Stay Maldives back in February. I was traveling alone but all the arrangements were taken care of so smoothly that I didn't have to worry about anything. The island is also completely safe for solo travellers.

I didn't fancy 2 boat journeys so close together so opted for the seaplane on arrival. As I had already made plans to visit friends on Vilu Reef (the resort next door) I landed there and did their day use package at USD 55 per person. It includes buffet lunch and there is no restriction to which area's of the island you can use.
There are also lots of sunbeds scattered on the beach without room numbers and even though the resort was fully booked, many of these were vacant so there's definitely space to relax. Lunch there is buffet style.
Drinks are very expensive, around 11 USD for a mocktail so be prepared!

I travelled over to Meedhoo around 5.15pm, was shown to the room and then had a fresh welcome coconut on the upstairs terrace as the sun set.

The island is so peaceful, and so clean with an occasional bike going by or boat mooring but no other disturbances. The view from the very top terrace is panoramic of the island and a clear view of the harbour to sit watching the fishing boats coming and going.

There are sunbeds on the top floor which are completely private. There is also a small land close to the island which has a wide beach and can be used for sunbathing.

My room was spacious, immaculately clean and had everything I needed. As I needed to work on one of the days, Latheef kindly set me a table up in the room so I could have a desk to work at for the day. The wifi was a big concern as I had a lot to do, but it was very fast, no connection problems and free of charge.

I ate both breakfast and dinner on both days at the guest house, there was a small cafe around a minutes walk from the property which I went to only for a drink one evening and was very nice, not too local that you felt out of place. As Beach Stay is currently the only guest house, people will take an interest in you but will be very friendly with it.

The food was perfect, well prepared, very high level of service and good value.

I took the boat back, it's a long one but it was very comfortable seating. It got quite full though as we stopped at several islands along the way for pick ups. The total time ended up being around 3hrs 40mins but the sea was very calm, plenty of fresh air on the boat and a smooth journey overall.

I would love to go again, there is something so peaceful about the island. I would recommend the Vilu Reef visit but would try Angsana next time which is also close by.

The price was very good value and a huge thanks to Latheef who really knows how to make people feel welcome and taken care of. Nothing is too much trouble and you feel like you're at home with him.

I will be back!

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank FVM21
Abdul Latheef H, General Manager at Beach Stay Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

Dear FVM21,

Greetings from Beach Stay Maldives.

Thank you very much for taking your valaubale time to write such detailed review for us. It’s indeed a great pleasure for me to have you and serve you during your stay with us.

I am extremely grateful for the wonderful explanation of how you felt about the place and it Indeed help us a lot to improve .

Thank you once again for your valuable contribution and really look forward to welcome you to our little pitch of paradise very soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

I booked this guesthouse several months in advance, and not long after booking it, I received an email with my options to arrive to the island. I chose to go by boat because it’s cheaper. But about a week before my arrival, Latheef emailed me to say that the boat that afternoon had been canceled. He suggested it would be best to stay overnight in Male and take a boat in the morning. His contact in Male greeted me at the airport. Unfortunately, I found that my debit card didn’t work at the airport. He helped me to get a local SIM card so that I could call my bank, and gave me some money so I could buy lunch and dinner before dropping me off at the guesthouse. In the morning, he took me to the pier to take the boat to the Beach Stay Maldives. I had Latheef’s number so that we could keep in contact, and although I felt worried, everything was taken care of. When I arrived, I had breakfast.

There are many options for excursions, but if you are traveling solo like me, swimming with the whale sharks will be out of your price range. I chose to go snorkeling near the island and to go deep sea fishing in the evening. Unfortunately, I got burnt on the first day there, even in the shade. The sun is intense, so be very careful! That’s why I didn’t choose to go island hopping or to go to a resort for a day, because I wanted to be very careful not to get burnt even more. You can also go to see dolphins, although I didn’t choose this option. There are no ATMs on the island. You can pay for everything by card. Latheef can cook meals for a reasonable price, and if you want some cash, he can add it to your bill so you can try the restaurant. Breakfast is included and there is plenty to eat.

The room was nice and big and the bed was fairly comfortable. The air conditioner was excellent, you definitely won’t feel hot in your room. The wifi works very well. The island is safe, but if you’re a woman, you should try to cover up when walking around, so bring some pants and a light jacket. At customs, make sure you know the name of the island, Meedhoo. Bring plenty of sunblock and things to cover up, even in the shade if you are sensitive to the sun. I would recommend Beach Stay Maldives, but I think it will be more fun and some excursions will be more reasonable if there is someone to go with you.

However, if you do go by yourself, Latheef is very friendly and has traveled a lot, so you’ll be in good company. If there are any problems, he can help you to sort it out. If you go snorkeling near the island, make sure you are pretty good at swimming because you will probably swim for over an hour, because there are so many fish to see. Also, it’s a tropical country, so there will be some ants. They don’t bite, but if they become a problem, ask Latheef to spray for you. The last thing to keep in mind is that they don’t use much toilet paper because they have a spray hose in the bathroom, so if you tend to use a lot of toilet paper, maybe you should bring some with you.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank dripsofmoonlight
Abdul Latheef H, General Manager at Beach Stay Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Dear dripsofmoonlight,

Greetings from Beach Stay Maldives,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your thoughts and recommendations. Your personal suggestions are appreciated with high note.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and look forward to welcome you in a near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

If you want to experience different lifestyles in Maldives: to see how locals live, explore their culture and try their food, try different resorts, islands and all possible activities - it's a perfect place for you!
Because, if you choose one expensive resort, you don’t want to pay extra to see other resorts and stay there for a day or more. However, we prefer variety and freedom of choice that’s why we’ve chosen not expensive hotel for main part of our trip.

We planned to stay for 10 days in Maldives and didn't want to spend all the time in one resort. So, we decided to have week of active vacation and stay the rest of our trip on some expensive resort just relaxing and doing nothing.

For the first week we chose Beach Stay Maldives, and it was the best decision. The host was amazingly hospitable and open to any of our request. We didn't have to do anything by ourselves: he arranged our transfers to different resorts we wanted to visit, he was our guide in local islands. It seems like he knows everything and everybody there. Also, he can offer a lot of activities like diving, snorkeling, fishing, private trips and many others. By the way, he provided us with free snorkeling equipment, so we didn't need to rent them on visited resorts.

In addition, Latheef is a very interesting person with much experience, so we enjoyed to talk with him on any topic. We learned a lot about Maldivian culture, traditions, about himself, interesting stories of his work experience, he showed us some interesting places on local islands. He made our vacation very enjoyable and fun.

The hotel is not expensive… no, for Maldives this place is very cheap. In case you want to stay in some of visited resorts for night or more, you can do it without losing much money. For one week in Beach Stay Maldives we spent less than cost of any cheapest room in resorts we had visited. Actually, our lunch per person on those resorts cost more than our one-day-stay in the hostel. However, despite of lower price, it has everything you need: free wi-fi, air conditioner, TV, multi-type-power-sockets (for example, we didn’t have them in our last expensive resort, so we couldn’t charge more than one device at once).

Also, there is a restaurant on the island. It’s very cheap, but food is good. For lunch on resorts we paid about $55-60 per person, but dinner in the local restaurant cost us $6-7 for two people.
If you like snorkeling but don’t want to go anywhere, there is a house reef on the island right in front of the hostel.
All people are very friendly. But it’s a Muslim country, and there are some laws about alcohol and bikini you need to obey staying on any local islands. For us it wasn’t problem at all.

For those who prefer cheap but wonderful vacation in Maldives, it’s better to come here with group of people. There are a lot of group activities, which are much cheaper. And it’s perfect place for divers. We heard from some divers that diving in Maldives is one of the best in the world. For group of divers it would be much cheaper, and you don’t have to pay for something you don’t need.

There are several ways to transfer to this island from the International Airport: seaplane, domestic flight, speedboat and ferry. We’ve chosen seaplane, but if you are on limited budget, you can take ferry. It’s very cheap but takes much time and goes rarely.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank G5507YWolgat
Abdul Latheef H, General Manager at Beach Stay Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Dear Olga,

Greetings from Beach Stay Maldives,

Thank you very much for choosing Beach Stay Maldives for your Stay. It was indeed a great pleasure to have you here and serve you.

A special thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review for us and look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise again in near future

Reviewed June 23, 2017

This is the only guesthouse on the island so you have the place all to yourself. Latheef sees to it that you have as many activities to keep your trip full of fun or, you can just relax and enjoy spectacular ocean views...whatever you prefer! The offerings include a variety of boat trips, visits to other local islands and secluded beaches. You never have to worry about or plan anything as he takes care of that for you. The guesthouse is clean, bright and has a beautiful rooftop space to enjoy your fresh cooked meals. If you go up one more set of stairs you can lounge in the sun with 360 degree views of the island or gaze at the moon and stars during a private dinner. Don't miss out on this gem in the middle of the ocean...it will be a vacation to remember!

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank Nikki P
Abdul Latheef H, General Manager at Beach Stay Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2017

Dear Nikki,
Greetings from Beach Stay Maldives,
I am pleased to have the review from you about your last stay.
Its an absolute pleasure to know that you have enjoyed the stay with us. It was ultimate pleasure to have served you here.
I really look forward welcoming you in a very near future to further experience .
Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and Blessed new year well in Advance.

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

Reasonable accommodation with the offered price. Rooms are fully furnish with comfy beds, ensuite bathroom, all necessities, WiFi, air-conditioned & fan.
Most importantly a sea-view room

Spent my 6 nights with a bunch of close crazy friends in this island:Meedhoo.
Easy accessible by few mode of transport
(Speedboat & Sea plane & soon domestic flight)

Simple equation would be:
Boss of this guest house = tour guide =snorkeling instructor = life guard = new friends for all of us

Various activities offered with best service given. You have any reasonable request/needs, definitely it'll be fulfilled by the owner, Latheef

Food varieties ranging from Asian to Western to Maldivian style.
Tips: "Good chef in the house"

Good privacy.

Conclusion: Reasonably good accommodation with 5 star services attitude

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Riana N
Abdul Latheef H, General Manager at Beach Stay Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear Riana,

Greetings from Beach Stay Maldives,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to rate us on TripAdvisor.

It's indeed a great pleasure to cater for your needs and fulfil them .

Thank you once again and really look forward to
Welcoming you in a near future