We stayed at Okonjima main camp for two nights in April after our stay at Etosha. After the rather holiday-camp atmosphere of Etosha, it was an oasis of charm and elegance. The staff were absolutely charming and couldn't have been more helpful - to be greeted after a game drive with your room key on a tray as you got out of your vehicle was a lovely touch.
The lodge itself is spacious and beautifully designed/decorated with Namibian artefacts. Tables are beautifully laid out and we found the service excellent. There is a beautiful swimming pool discreetly hidden in a beautiful setting which was empty most of the time. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, from finding us an adapter to getting some laundry done super-quick. They even baked a birthday cake for my companion who had a Birthday there.
The game drives with Jonas were absolutely fabulous- he found leopard and cheetah amongst many other animals and kept us all amused with his sense of fun and total respect for the animals. He also taught us a lot about The Africat Foundation which is a fantastic organisation that rescues orphaned/injured wildcats and tries to release them into the bush when they are old/well enough.
We had a wonderful time at Okonjima.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OKONJIMA - home of AfriCat, a non–profit organisation, committed to long–term conservation of Namibia's large carnivores. AfriCat started out as a welfare organisation, but after many years of rescuing large numbers of carnivores from irate livestock farmers, it became apparent that the long-term survival of large carnivores on both commercial and communal farmland, is dependent on finding solutions to the ever-increasing human-wildlife conflict. OKONJIMA hosts the exclusive Villa & Bush Suite, Bush Camp, Main Camp, the private Omboroko Campsite & the Volunteer Programme – PAWS. Halfway between Windhoek and Etosha. (B1) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Okonjima Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okonjima - Home Of Africat Hotel Otjiwarongo
- Okonjima Bush Camp Namibia/Otjiwarongo, Africa