On the plus side: leopards and cheetas. Not a "guaranteed" sight, but almost, as some animals have collars and can be traced. And food is good. On the down side, it is more of a giant zoo and the guide we had was frightfully rigid: driving along our "safari", we saw 2 leopards sitting on the side of the road, but she refused to stop, as "we already saw leopards and we need to leave some for the other car to see". As if 2 cars stopping would be too much for those leopards... Also, a much too long talk (2 hours) on the Foundation, rehashing what we could read in the materail left in our rooms. All this while standing in the lovely 35 degrees shade. After spending time in lodges with extremely personalised and friendly service, this was a disapointing and expensive experience. Fans only in rooms, so very very hit during the day. Oh, and by the way, full board here means breakfast and dinner. Lunch is extra...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OKONJIMA - home of AfriCat, a non–profit organisation, committed to long–term conservation of Namibia's large carnivores. AfriCat started out as a welfare organisation, but after many years of rescuing large numbers of carnivores from irate livestock farmers, it became apparent that the long-term survival of large carnivores on both commercial and communal farmland, is dependent on finding solutions to the ever-increasing human-wildlife conflict. OKONJIMA hosts the exclusive Villa & Bush Suite, Bush Camp, Main Camp, the private Omboroko Campsite & the Volunteer Programme – PAWS. Halfway between Windhoek and Etosha. (B1) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Okonjima Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okonjima - Home Of Africat Hotel Otjiwarongo
- Okonjima Bush Camp Namibia/Otjiwarongo, Africa