Okonjima is set in beautiful hills and the staff were all most welcoming. The bush camp has rondavels set well apart from each other, so it is nice and private.
Kudos to our guide (Rohan) who tracked a cheetah for us to observe, and pointed out all manner of creatures and birds when we did our game drive.
The main reception areas are lovely - the food was OK, not awful - but not amazing either - the least fun part was getting stuck with some incredibly dull people at meal times - you're kind of stuck with who they assign to your table at the beginning of your visit ...
Very glad to have been there, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OKONJIMA - home of AfriCat, a non–profit organisation, committed to long–term conservation of Namibia's large carnivores. AfriCat started out as a welfare organisation, but after many years of rescuing large numbers of carnivores from irate livestock farmers, it became apparent that the long-term survival of large carnivores on both commercial and communal farmland, is dependent on finding solutions to the ever-increasing human-wildlife conflict. OKONJIMA hosts the exclusive Villa & Bush Suite, Bush Camp, Main Camp, the private Omboroko Campsite & the Volunteer Programme – PAWS. Halfway between Windhoek and Etosha. (B1) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Okonjima Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okonjima - Home Of Africat Hotel Otjiwarongo
- Okonjima Bush Camp Namibia/Otjiwarongo, Africa