We got upgraded to a View room and it was fabulous. Really beautiful touches, lots of towels and a huge shower. The view whilst lying on your bed is fantastic. We were able to go on a walk on our own on the well sign posted path.
We did the early morning leopard drive and saw Nkosi the huge leopard up close. He was very beautiful but scary. In the evening we did the cheetah walk and got close to three beautiful cheetah's. Great sundowners.
We were able to see the Vets do an annual check on one of the cheetah's which was facinating. Getting to touch that beautiful animal was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Africat have stopped taking in any more animals and are instead concentrating on education. The farmers hate the cheetah and Africat are trying to educate the younger generation.
The food was very good, and plenty of it. Breakfast was delicious, bread and muffins freshly cooked.
The only negative was that we thought the white guide did not give the black guides the respect he should have. It was quite noticable especially on the cheetah walk when he told our guide not to get any closer and then proceeded to take his group within 10 feet of the cheetah's. We thought him rude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OKONJIMA - home of AfriCat, a non–profit organisation, committed to long–term conservation of Namibia's large carnivores. AfriCat started out as a welfare organisation, but after many years of rescuing large numbers of carnivores from irate livestock farmers, it became apparent that the long-term survival of large carnivores on both commercial and communal farmland, is dependent on finding solutions to the ever-increasing human-wildlife conflict. OKONJIMA hosts the exclusive Villa & Bush Suite, Bush Camp, Main Camp, the private Omboroko Campsite & the Volunteer Programme – PAWS. Halfway between Windhoek and Etosha. (B1) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Okonjima Bush Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Okonjima - Home Of Africat Hotel Otjiwarongo
- Okonjima Bush Camp Namibia/Otjiwarongo, Africa