Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$168
$160
  • Beachfront
$187
$158
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$196
Lol.travel
$283
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$458
$47
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$227
  • Breakfast included
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$226
$144
1,519 results
All reviewsfidel castrohand massagepool butlerswim up barla parrillanuevo vallartasister propertythrough vrbobrad joeysister hotel next doorfour seasonsall inclusive packagepool staffbreakfast and dinnerfull kitchenliving roomall inclusive plan
Reviewed July 12, 2017

A friend my wife and I grew up with invited us down to stay with her and her husband during their annual winter escape to La Estancia. Their condo was on the beach end of the 5th floor on the north side. Their wrap-around balcony provided an amazing view of the bay during the day and a surreal perch during moonlit nights. Since this is their second home it was populated with beautiful furnishings they had acquired locally however we did get to visit other friends staying in a rental and their condo was appointed beautifully as well with stock furnishings. The grounds, common areas, and ocean front are impeccable; the staff extremely courteous and professional. The location is perfect as it is at the north end of the resort row with a large vacant area on its north side. This provides a beachfront with a lot less foot traffic than anything south of that location. We were there for a week in February 2016 and the weather was perfect every single day.

Room Tip: The condos on the beach ends provide the best views
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sybaris1
Ruben A, Manager at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Thank you for staying at Villa La Estancia and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable review.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Started my stay at the adjoining property next door Villa Del Palmar Flamingos and then upgraded to the Estancia for the final three days.

It's the same layout and the size of rooms are the same, but everything is upgraded.
We were greeted at the front desk and during the sign in process we were given a quick, but very nice hand and arm massage. Even the aroma inside of the hotel is nice and relaxing. We ate at the inside restaurant La Casona which is wonderful and the food is very tasty. We pretty much stayed in the beautiful pool and just floated around and then when we wanted to eat again there is a swim up bar which you can drink and eat at. There also is a patio where you can sit under an umbrella at the same place just outside of the pool. All of the employees are super friendly and helpful with any of your request. The Flamingos was nice, but this definitely a step up with upgrades and a little more peace and quiet. If you're looking for a very relaxing time just sitting around the pool or ocean without all of the noise this is the place.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: I only stayed 3 days, but we were on the 7th floor and it was quiet all of the time.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank raven650
Ruben A, Manager at Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thank you for having taken the time to post your review of your recent stay at Villa La Estancia, I am truly delighted that we were able to provide you with the best service and accommodations; I will gladly pass along your lovely words to all our team members.

All of us here at Villa La Estancia look forward to pampering you again in the warm and sunny shores of Banderas Bay!

Sincerely

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We spent 2 wonderful weeks at the Villa La Estancia in June. The first 5 days we spent completely at the resort because it has everything you need, great beach, pristine pool, good food and excellent service. From the check-in massage, to the kind and conscientious concierge (Luis) and the super friendly and helpful pool butler (Oscar Sapien), we felt so well taken care of. They had pool floats, noodles, baby float, and even beach toys for the kids that Oscar would get out for us. Luis called a pharmacy and had medicine delivered to the resort for us when one of our kids got an ear infection. I was just so impressed and appreciative!
We rented through an owner, but still got the wonderful daily maid service, cause what Mom doesn't truly appreciate someone helping with the constant cleaning up! The resort was so well taken care of, they were always doing some sort of upkeep, unobtrusively, every day.
We did not do the all-inclusive option because we are not big drinkers and we found we paid much less than if we had done the all-inclusive. And we also felt free to go and try to find some more authentic Mexican, our favorite was Tintoque, a farm to table style contemporary fancy Mexican restaurant.
All-in-all we would go back in an instant!!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family

I deeply appreciate this detailed and wonderful review about Villa La Estancia Riviera Nayarit, which will help readers to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for their vacation.

It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I am glad to hear that Luis and Oscar and the rest of the staff went out of their way to ensure that your stay was excellent.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I just returned from La Estancia yesterday from a fantastic vacation with my 2 kids and another family. I've been to Mexico many times, second time in the PV area. While I loved the resort, I don't see myself coming here again unless it's with other families where the all-inclusive nature comes in handy. The main reason I don't see myself returning is that while the resort and location are exceptional, the dress code for dining at night is a bit of a deal-breaker for me. It was strictly enforced, and when traveling to a beach, I don't like to always dress up to eat. Sometimes I just want to put shorts and a t-shirt over my swimsuit and grab a bite. That was just a tad over the top for me, especially with kids who don't want to get out of the pool/beach to shower and change to eat only to jump back in the water. While I love 4-5 star hotels, I prefer a slightly more casual and more authentic environment.

Pros:
- Grounds are stunning and impeccably maintained.
- Pool is big and clean, super close to beach.
- Love, love, love the quietness of the resort. If you want more activity, Flamingos next door is a better bet, but not as nice as La Estancia. The serenity of the beach at all times was divine. Even though we had a bunch of kids with our group, it was quiet overall, which I relish. No organized pool activities, not too many kids, overall very peaceful night and day. Loved it.
- Traveling with another family and a bunch of kids made the all-inclusive option so much easier. As a parent of two kids, loved not having to cook or clean a single meal even if it was pricey.
- Location is along a long, endless and stunning beach. Water is warm, although beware of stingrays. Bring water shoes just in case. We walked to Bucerias along the beach, but if you're not a walker or don't like walking in heat, might be better to cab it. If you like beach walking like I do, you have access to miles of beach both directions.
- Staff is super professional, very hospitable and top notch. They accommodated all of our asks (except for the new gal checking us in who did no favors for their brand).
- Food in this hotel (vs. Flamingos) was exceptional. Loved the breakfast buffet at Flamingos and all the food by La Estancia poolside. The fancy restaurant food was awesome, but it took so long to get food that we never went back. Waiting an hour for food doesn't work with kids. If you have adults and teen kids (and time), have a few drinks, food is worth the wait (although not every night as you'll miss the sunsets).
- The suites are large, clean, well appointed. Room service excellent.
- Massage I received was amazing.

Cons:
- Check in took 90 minutes. It's a long process, but we landed with a new gal who was not well-informed, she was slow and ended up with a bit of an attitude directed at us even though we only asked questions. Further to that, she put us in the wrong room...an owner room with no hotel services. So we had to pack up the next day and unpack, total 2 hours wasted trying to explain to her that we booked with Costco and were eligible for full services, packing, etc. Started the week of on a poor note, but they amended after we escalated o day 2.
- The food "24x7" is a tad misleading. What they don't mention is that you have to plan your meal location because there isn't one place to get food, and each place has their hours. The restaurants with the best food have dress code, so take that into account. Poolside dining, which was really good, closes at 6. It would have been great if that stayed open so we could eat while watching the sunset on the beach. Room service won't deliver to the pool. The dinner buffets at Flamingos wasn't great.
- The resort itself, while beautiful, didn't offer the authentic Mexican cultural feel that I love. I prefer more Mexican decor, colors, music, food, vibe.
- Tipping is confusing. I was told tipping is included, but the front desk gal told us it wasn't, the waiter told us it wasn't, another front desk person told us it was. I felt stuck. I didn't want to cheat anyone out, nor do I want to tip on top of tip that I already paid. And to the point others made, they all look for the tip, so it's super uncomfortable and super confusing on what to do. I don't like being put in that position.
- I found the pricing to be on par for a US resort vs. what you can get in Mexico for a less upscale hotel.

Other tips:
- Get pesos before you go. I ran out of pesos the day before we left, and no one, and I mean no one, could break my $20USD, so I either had to tip the bellman a $20 or not tip. I spent 30 min walking around each restaurant, each front desk, each bellman, the store, no one could break it. So bring a ton of $1USD bills to tip before you go or get enough pesos to last.
- Bring water shoes if you want to play in the water or watch out for stingrays. They said they usually have 2 people get stung a day. Not a ton, but might be good for kids as a precaution.
- Plan your meals so you're not looking for the restaurant that is open like we did. It does require a bit of planning for dinners. The published schedule isn't always accurate if there is a special theme night.
- Food at theme nights wasn't good (except for taco bar), and certainly not for what you pay.
- If you plan on staying here, get the all-inclusive. Their prices listed are on par with US prices, not Mexican, so you'd pay a fortune a la carte. Cheaper if you shop and buy and cook, but then that's work. :-)

Beautiful resort with a lot to offer, but likely would not return.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view, but bldg 2 has full ocean views
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank CD13_13

Please receive kind greetings from Villa La Estancia. It is a pleasure to know that you were able to enjoy a fabulous stay due to the quality of the food, facilities and service provided.
I am greatly concerned on the overall perception you had on the resort due to the inconveniences and discontents faced along the way. Actions have been taken to avoid future issues on these matters.
I hope you give us the opportunity to host you on a near future so we can show you the improvements made due to your feedback.
We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

My family met up with another family for a week and we were impressed with the rooms. The pool grill was the best food! With the all inclusive option we really got our money's worth with a family of five!

Pros: great rooms, size and cleanliness daily was impeccable. Pool grill food very yummy! Breakfast buffet next door st flamingo hotel ( 3 min walk btw) was amazing with omelette and waffle bar, Beach location was the best, Oscar down by the pool will make every request possible! Your wish is his command! He def deserves a shout out! It's very quiet here, not a lot of people, if you need action stay next door at the flamingo but it's not as fancy as estancia!

Cons: the pizza place next door smells good but all pizza was not tasty, mine came out half frozen, my husbands was barely cooked and my sons was too crispy to eat! No music at the pool, they do play some at the pool bar but you can't really hear it. So bring a handheld Bluetooth speaker if you want to hear some fun music while at the pool! Service at the fine dining Resturant was super slow! It took 3 hours to eat our meal although there was only one other family there. Checking was a bore, over an hour to check in and guess what? We were the only ones checking in

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheree K

First of all, I would like to thank you for have chosen Villa la Estancia Resort & Spa to spend your vacation.
accept my most sincere apologies for any experience below your expectations. We appreciate the time you took to let us know such important comments, and please be assured that all departments involved will be properly informed to take immediately action on that matter.

Once again, we thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to have the opportunity in the near future to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for.