Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,597 results
All reviews villa del palmar murphy bed luis guzman time share puerto vallarta discount card villa group per device pizza bar timeshare presentation mexican fiesta bell staff palmita market washer and dryer sales pitch meal plan concierge desk
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Thank you so very much Regee. Your hospitality is impeccable. Hope to see next New Year. Have safe and healthy year ahead! Villa Del Parmar Flamingos is a very clean and respectable resort. This is our 5th trip here and they treat your family as if it's their own.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
mtnezalberto, Gerente at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear guest,

I truly appreciate your wonderful review of our facilities and recognition of the staff. Thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Flamingos Riviera Nayarit to spend your vacation, it is a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am glad to hear that Reggie and the rest of the staff went out of their way to guarantee you had an outstanding stay.

We are looking forward to your next visit and appreciate very much your loyalty; it will be our pleasure to welcome you and your family may more times in this, your home away from home.

Cordially,

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Isabel treated us like VIPs every day! There were 7 of us ordering drinks and food at the pool. She was very attentive and made sure we were aware of drink specials. She was so friendly and always had a smile. Super service!! Thanks, Isabel!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear guest,

I personally want to thank you for staying at Villa del Palmar Flamingos Riviera Nayarit and for having taken the time to post your review, I am truly delighted to learn from one of our special guests that we were able to provide you with high quality service and accommodations as well as great food.

Thank you again for have chosen Villa del Palmar Flamingos, It will be a real pleasure to be your host one more time. I will share with Isabel your kind note.

We are looking forward to your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Cordially,

Reviewed January 5, 2020

First for the Fantastic. The resort is immaculate. Great pool and beach area. Just a short walk (20 minutes) to Bucerias. The rooms are awesome. We were in a one bedroom. The balcony and views outstanding. The bed was great, well stocked kitchen, two bathrooms and an on-site washer and dryer. You also got daily maid service (at a cost) but they did a great job.

Everything about the facilities is top notch.

Now for the but...

The timeshare presentation. We stayed two weeks so although we were not interested in buying we could sacrifice the time. Our person made us think twice and Elma was awesome. Presented options geared to us but in the end decided no. If you are there one week may not be worth the time.

The incidental costs. In this day an age to charge for wifi should be not something to worry about when staying at a resort. It was 10 dollars a day and that was per device...

The cleaning fees were about 25 dollars a week. Did great job and did provide daily coffee. Enough for two cups.

To eat on site is expensive compared to off the resort. The beach bar a ten minute walk away was half the price and that wasn't even during happy hour.

Biggest but is the towel issue. It was Christmas break so busy. Chairs were filled with towels by eight in a resort that states no saving chairs. At eight there were no people to be seen. Did see an older gentleman lose his marbles as staff tried to address him hoarding chairs and umbrellas. I commend staff for how calm and professional staff stayed as this man yelled, intimidated and basically made everyone around feel uncomfortable. So kudos to staff for trying to address an issue. So I get how difficult some policies are to address.

In the end the room, facilities and location make this a five star resort.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JimRachelle

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for have chosen Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa to spend your vacation.
I want to thank you for sharing it with us and for have chosen our property to spend your vacation and for your comments and feedback inn regards to our facilities and staff.

We have received your comments regarding some inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. Please be assured that it is our intention that all of our customers leave with a feeling of peace, relaxation and the knowledge that we have done our utmost to provide them with an enjoyable stay.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for any experience below your expectations. We appreciate the time you took to let us know such important comments, and please be assured that all departments involved will be properly informed to take immediately action on that matter.

Once again, we thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to have the opportunity in the near future to provide you with the excellence in service we are known for.

Cordially yours

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

I would not recommend this resort to anybody I care about. This resort was so overpriced, boring, unorganized, noisy during sleeping hours and a lot of rude staff. I paid $19.99 for each person and there were 4 of us for a vip taxi that we waited for about 45 minutes when a regular taxi or Uber costs about $15 and will get you to the resort in about half the time. Lucy greeted us and was a very sweet and polite woman, she made us feel very welcome and we thought we would love our stay, David the manager for the front desk was very nice as well. Lucy told us we had a mandatory membership meeting the next day with a representative and free breakfast. We met our representative Maria (I think that’s her name.. it started with a M) and we came to the breakfast room, she started out very nice and told us she’s here to make us feel welcome as members since we are like family to Villa Del Palmar. The breakfast staff brought us our juice and never asked us if we wanted water or anything else, I didn’t see him until the end of our breakfast when we put a tip down because Maria told us we should. Then she showed us a penthouse and took us downstairs to try to get us to buy more points for our membership and when we declined her smile went away and she got a a manger to come speak to us and try to persuade us when we weren’t interested. I didn’t see her after we said no, she didn’t say good bye but she was standing at a different table probably because she was mad. I work in sales and if someone doesn’t buy something from me I don’t throw a little fit and treat them so rudely when supposedly they’re “family”. In fact I wanted to cancel my membership if I knew these were the meetings I was receiving and being treated like that for not buying onto what I already have.
Our room looked pretty good until we started using the stove and it takes a really long time for it to heat up. Our dryer kept breaking and we called the front desk to have someone come fix it because we needed to dry the clothes and nobody showed up for at least 2 days until we made another phone call, and they said someone will be up shortly and the man came and fixed it in the morning. We put our wet laundry in the dryer and it broke again the same day. We had to make 3 more phone calls until somebody finally showed up and fixed it again.
At about 10pm our fridge started making crazy buzzing sounds and we called the front desk and she said somebody will come right up and they never showed up. Then the same night at about 11pm somebody was rolling loud carts around our room and hitting the walls and I couldn’t fall asleep. About every single morning at 7am somebody in our room would wake up because of those loud carts being rolled back and forth outside our door. New Years morning, we were woken up super early because they decided it was the right time to clean up the tables.
When we tried to leave the resort on a Uber there were 2 psycho taxi drivers from the resort that literally chased down our Uber and told him he could not drive us because it was against the rules. We were outside of the resort and they had the audacity to tell us we were not allowed to take him. Nowhere in the rules of the resort it says we are only allowed to take the overpriced taxis that the resort hires.
We had planned a excursion for snorkeling through the resort and nobody gave us any information until we went in to add another person onto our trip and then the man told us where we were supposed to meet our group which was outside of the resort and we would’ve missed our whole day if we hadn’t showed up in the office.
Make sure you pay attention to the receipts when you purchase anything because they already charge you for a tip without telling you and ask for more as well. And if you have credit for the market place make sure you tell them at check out otherwise they don’t take that out of your room bill.
I would honestly tell anybody to find a different resort because this is not a oasis as it’s advertised, it’s not welcoming and if you consider buying a membership, don’t. You’re paying for terrible service and get stuck with a huge loan, when there are many other resorts that provide way better service, prices and experience than Villa Del Palmar. If I had the chance to cancel, I would.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank W5605OL_

Dear guest,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Flamingos Riviera Nayarit and for taking the time to share your experience and your important comments with us. We would like to inform you how valuable it is for us your feedback as it lets us know how we are doing and where we may need to make improvements.

We extend an apology for the maintenance details you found out in the room; our maintenance and housekeeping department are going to reinforce the revision and supervision of the rooms before our guest’s arrival and during their stay to avoid any malfunctioning, such as a noisy refrigerator.

We want to assure you that we do not take these matters lightly and we appreciate all and each one of your observations. A copy of your comments has been sent to the main department involved in order to correct the weak areas you kindly mentioned.

Looking forward for another chance, we remain,

Cordially yours,
Alberto Martinez B.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Visited Puerto Vallarta in early December to see the Festival de Guadalupe and other Christmas festivities. We were not disappointed at all, great time both at the resort and in town. Huge shoutout to Betty, Gustavo, Rafael, Oscar and Regge.

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear guest,

I am so glad to hear you had a great time staying at Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa. I want to thank you for taking the time to share the experiences you lived and enjoyed during your stay with us at the resort and in Town, as effectivelly, December is a Month with many festivities in this zone.

Betty, Gustavo, Rafael, Oscar and Regee and the rest of the staff that went out of their way to ensure that your stay was excellent, already
know about your review and all we are very proud to have made you feel comfortable and very special.

Thank you for allowing us being your host and we hope the opportunity in a near future to provide you one more time with the excellence in service we are known for.

All the best!!