Samba Vallarta All Inclusive
Average 3/5
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
2,245 results
All reviewssmall resorta la cartesbalcony roomitalian restaurantmexican familieshot dogsthe grillbuffet foodspecialty restaurantsbeach barmusty smellactivity staffthe air conditioningshows at nightchicken nuggetsping pongfamily resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The Samba is a home away from home for me and my family.
Salvador is a friend as is all the Samba staff.
I like the food. Tons of variety and the desserts are delicious!!
Brilliant pools and heavenly beach! It's a small resort but with tons of charm, loads of sun, huge rooms and balconies and a great work out gym to mention just a few of Samba's qualities!!
Yes.. I will always be back!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Franchca
SAMBA V, Director General at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear guests, after reading this note we want to express our gratitude to you for taking your time and write this message for us.
We are glad to know you spent a great family time and wonderful vacations in this Hotel, your second home, Samba Vallarta. As we are an AllInclusive hotel for families is great for us that you visited the hotel in company of your children, to let them enjoy of the beach and sun of Mexico, and the charm of Samba Vallarta service. Your comments about the food is served in this hotel, our wonderful pool, spacious rooms, gym and our excelent service motivate us to keep up the hard work, and get even better. We will post this comment you wrote in our bulleting board to let the Samba Family about the great job they are doing.
Awaiting for your next visit to this, your second home Samba Vallarta Hotel, The Samba Familiy send hugs and warm regards.
Sincerely
General Director

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was my first trip to a sun destination, and I was tagging along with two other families, so I had a solo room on my own. Upon arrival the front desk staff were efficient and polite. We checked in and went up to our rooms and my friend commented how it was a nice surprise to be in a resort with an elevator! Anyways, at first glance I was shocked at my room. Craftsmanship leaves something to be desired, and I was shocked to see the most horrible grout job around the bathtub and some odd trap door beside the toilet. Once I got over my initial shock however, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean my room was. The floors were spotless (verified when I dropped my lipgloss and looked under the beds - no dust bunnies!) and the room overall very very clean. I gave a my housekeeper a generous tip on day #2 and got top-notch service daily. Every day I returned to my room I found a different towel animal on my bed! Awesome!! The beds itself was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in a hotel. Incredible.

The resort itself is very nice. The pool area is clean and comfortable and there are a lot of chairs available at all times during the day. Activities are planned throughout the day and consist of things such as kids games, aquafit, water polo etc. There is always something on the go for everyone. There is a set of bathrooms on the way down towards the beach and I have to say that the Samba works very hard to keep every inch of their property clean. The bathrooms are cleaned constantly! The bar staff were great and they were happy to mix up whatever concoction you wanted. We consumed many slushy drinks and even discovered a few new ones we never heard of before!

The beach area is beautiful, again very clean, and lots of chairs and umbrellas to sit under. There are beach vendors that come around and ask if you want to buy things but no one was ever too pushy. I was able to get some great souvenirs and dresses, and my hair braided for some excellent prices. The ocean is warm and inviting, and although the signs said to watch for jellyfish and stingrays we were in the ocean daily and never once had an issue.

My only complaint at the resort was the food. I personally didn't care for much of the food that was prepared in the buffet area. I had no doubts that the quality was very good, I think my issue is more that the food there is different than we have at home. The butter is sweet, the buns are sweet, most foods are of the stewed variety and a lot of spices used (even the yogurts were spicy) . The first morning I ordered an omelette which I didn't realize wasn't cooked all the through until I was a few bites in and noticed raw dripping egg from my fork - so make sure the cook knows if you want something cooked a little more. And, one night all the buffet had was a seafood buffet in which there were no non-seafood dishes to choose from. Being non-seafood fans, my friends husband actually called Domino's delivery for pizza that night!! (which was very tasty by the way!)

The two a la carte restaurants they have were very delicious. The one is a mexican theme and it is set up in the snack hut down by the ocean front. The only warning I have is there are these annoying birds that fly around the snack shack day and night looking to scavenge whatever they can. One night my friend's husband noticed that the servers set out buns and butter on the tables before anyone was let into the eating area and the damned birds were pecking at the buns!! Totally gross....... The second a la carte is an Italian theme and again the food on that menu is incredible. After the meal they offer Spanish coffee which entails a big show where they light the alcohol on fire as they prepare the drinks. The coffees are amazing and we tipped our server very well at the end of the night.

Overall the Samba was a great place to stay. As a first time traveller to a resort I don't have much to compare it to, but I can say that I was impressed by the cleanliness, awesome staff, great pool and beach area, and I felt very safe in my room by myself.

Room Tip: Odd numbers face the pool area and the lower numbers are closer to the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank crazycanuckEMS
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from the samba yesterday night, we stayed for 3 nights and it was enough. It's definitely geared more to the locals (food, music, entertainment and atmosphere). If you want a quick trip and cheap, consider it but otherwise there are other options out there. The beach is beautiful and has lots of walking distance but there were jelly fish warnings daily. The pool is kept clean but be mindful of all the kids toys flying around. No adults section. The staff are good. Very poor communication amongst the front desk, it's almost impossible to get anything sorted out, seems like no one talks to each other. Jazmin is super difficult so I would get someone else to help you if you have the choice. The assistant manager was a breath of fresh air when we had to complain about our room. Very old, the lamps looked like they had rust stains on them and the bathroom light flickered in and out. We checked the mattress and it was filthy. They upgraded us for free cause we complained but not a good first impression. The food is average. Not a lot of repetition which was nice and they do have a salad bar which we enjoyed. The drinks are ok, except they use these plastic cups which make your drink take on that odor, if you're able to find a glass cup you'll be ok, you won't anywhere outside the dining area though cause we looked. All in all Id say average, definitely not a 4 star like the reviews indicated when we booked! The RIU next door seemed much more worth it!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Check in was smooth and fast. All staff members are friendly and helpful except for the front desk. The room- a suite with separate bedroom was fine. Nothing special. If you plan on using the sofa bed for sleeping like we did you will have a permanent sore back the entire time. Please samba do something about your sofa beds!! The worse sleep ever.
The pool and beach are great. You don't have to get up at 6am to get loungers! That was the three star part. Onto food.... I don't understand the rave reviews about the buffet or pool snack bar. Personally my travelling companion and I rate it at 2 stars at best :( I'm sure if you're drunk you wouldn't care. Never once saw bacon for breakfast. The desserts were just awful in the buffet area. They definitely catered to the local guests. We did go to the 2 a la carte restaurants. The Italian was very good but nearly impossible to get a reservation which you have to book starting at 7 am at the buffet entrance. By 7:05 am they are full. Another guest told us to call the buffet at 7am and let it ring till someone answers and make your reservation with them. The ext is 866!!!
We didn't love the Mexican a la carte so much although the beachfront locale was nice at sunset.
In closing the staff are their best asset. Loved them! If you love lots and lots of kids and sub par food by all means book yourself here! We won't be back

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie R
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had so much fun at Samba last week. It was a trip that will live in our hearts forever. Our daughters are getting older and we wanted to take them on a special trip before they all leave the nest.

Vallarta and the Bay of Banderas are some of the most beautiful places we have ever seen, and, Samba is a perfectly nice hotel. The food is good, even great at times. But the people at Samba were the best part of our trip.

Daniel and Manuel, the activities directors, do such an excellent job and made every day at Samba so much fun. They clearly enjoy their work; they made us feel so at home. The photographer is simply a very warm person and nice man.

Bruno, Martin, Fermin, and Jose M.: thank you - you were very friendly and your drinks were excellent!

Carlos and Salvador, thank you for the great service and friendship.

Rosie, thank you for making me speak Spanish - although I think you know more English than you let on! Delicia also!

Ernesto, thank you for the elegant meals and excellent service.

Vidal, you welcomed us immediately and it was such a joy to speak with you every day. You will do good things in this life, my friend, of this I am certain.

To the housekeepers, thank you for making the return to the room so enjoyable with the towel turtles. I am forgetting others, but honestly, every single staff member was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

One of our friends has already booked a trip to Samba because we liked it so much. We will return to Samba someday, soon I hope.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family