Samba Vallarta All Inclusive
$352
Elvoline
Average 3/5
  • Pool
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
$452
$354
$48
$44
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
$379
$316
  • Breakfast included
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$238
$157
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,246 results
All reviewssmall resorta la cartesbalcony roomitalian restaurantmexican familieshot dogsthe grillbuffet foodspecialty restaurantsbeach barmusty smellactivity staffthe air conditioningshows at nightchicken nuggetsping pongfamily resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is wonderful, we're a younger couple (31) looking for some R&R but at the same time some night life. Samba was spot on. I hope I cover everything because these guys deserve it.

Overall 5/5
As a whole this trip is great, they were timely in getting us our room, friendly, VERY accommodating and I would say 85% of the staff spoke English and if they didn't they were still very accommodating and helpful.

Cleanliness 5/5
Very clean, zero complaints. They clean the room every 3 days or so where back in Canada they would do it every day. I do believe this is a standard across the board in Mexico and I know they you can request it done everyday if you'd like. As I said zero complaints.

Location 5/5
This resort is on the Pacific Ocean and has just enough crashing waves to remind you "I'm on vacation, far away from home and its time to relax". It's very hot but there is unlimited refreshments and almost every lounge area has shade. Another thing we noticed and really appreciated was that there was no clocks. As odd as this may seem to value, I'm on vacation, I don't need to follow a schedule!

Rooms 4/5
Rooms are great, could use a reno or maybe a small face lift but all the necessities are there air conditioning is ice cold, flat screen TV, king size bed, sofa in room and a small table for dining. I have never used the safe before in a hotel room until I came to Mexico as I have heard things about the Mexican staff at some resorts. The safe is re programmable with your own unique code and very easy to use. Also I will add that I left currency on the night stand by accident and after they changed the sheets it was still there, matter of fact they wiped the tables around it being careful not to move any of it.

Service 5/5
Everything was "yes señor", "pleasure to serve you señorita". Literally any request we had they would put forth 100% effort to ensure we were happy. I could go on for hours but these people at this resort are wonderful and accommodating!

Value 5/5

I don't know how they can afford to continue to offer this price with all of the amenities and staff offered but I found the value great. I ever said that if it was a bit more I would still pay it.

Food and drink 5/5

Rumour has it back home that they serve watered down drinks. I personally watch them mix every drink in front of me and when you say "give me a double" you better be ready! The food is really good, it doesn't feel like your neighbourhood Chinese buffet where the food feels somewhat cheap and you question the ingredients, it's really good quality cuts of meat, fresh fruits and vegetable and seems to follow a different cultural theme nightly. You can even have them make you something fresh right in front of you if you ask!

Closing

I can honestly say this is a wonderful place to stay, so much in fact that I leave on Thursday and its only Sunday, I couldn't wait to give my review! I WILL be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
9  Thank 123,456,789,677
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have been to Samba 11 times. Started going there with our daughter when she was 9. She is 24 now. Love the home atmosphere and now call it our 2nd home. The staff are the BEST of any place we have been. We have made some wonderful friendships with staff and are always welcomed with love when we arrive. Wish it was a little cheaper to go there but do plan to take our granddaughter hopefully some day soon. Hello to all our friends and look forward to seeing all of you soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary G
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Beautiful décor and grounds. Traditional Mexican. Friendly staff. They surprised us with flower petals at the doorway leading to the bed, flowers spelled "love" in Spanish, hot tub drawn with flowers! All inclusive. Excellent food.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paula W
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our week at the Samba Vallarta. We visited in mid-May, when the resort was primarily occupied by Mexican nationals on vacation.

The room was basic but very clean; some art on the walls would be a nice added touch, but the decor was otherwise quite nice. Our room did not have a balcony, but many did, and the fourth floor was quiet and comfortable. The air conditioning shuts off when you are not in the room, but maintenance staff will change the settings to allow your room to stay cool at all times if you ask. In addition to being assiduous, the housekeeping staff brightened

The bars were solidly run and the drinks were variable -- sometimes just right and sometimes a bit on the weak side. Fermin was a great bartender and raconteur; ask for the "Fermin special" for a great cocktail treat.

Activities on site included boogie boards and sea kayaks; we went out kayaking several times and twice encountered wild dolphins surfacing at close range.

The food was consistently good (but not spectacular) at the buffet, with Mexican specialties available in abundance (this is not always the case in Mexico all-inclusives, and was a pleasant surprise here). Be sure to try the fresh empanadas for breakfast! The Italian restaurant was very good both times, with most dishes outstanding but the occasional dish that was a bit off.

Evening activities ranged from kids shows to traditional Mexican dancers to live music. Lots of activities for kids if you want to bring them. There were a couple of times when the decibel level at activities was comparable to being beneath an airport runway, and we would recommend to the staff that the volume of the microphone system be kept at a reasonable level.

Overall, this was a very relaxing and enjoyable base camp to explore Peurto Vallarta as well as the much closer village of Bucerias. We had a great time and would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are near the pool table and could be noisy; request a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank AdventurousTraveler6
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was our first experience in visiting Mexico and the Samba Vallarta. We were a little worried since our Spanish-speaking skills are lacking, but this wasn't a problem at the Samba as the staff was fairly bi-lingual. We never had any communication problems. All the staff was extremely friendly. Islandia's smiling face at the front desk was so helpful. She upgraded our room and we stayed in a suite with a balcony facing the pool/beach on the 3rd floor. The view was postcard perfect! The staff was so amazing! It may have been because we were stand outs among all the locals that were there with our pale complexions, but most of the staff remembered our names and greeted us around the resort by name as they saw us. The servers were fabulous! Alberto "Berto", remembered the drinks we always ordered and had them ready without us even having to ask. Carlos had a great sense of humor and made us feel right at home. We stayed a week and wished we could stay longer. This resort is smaller and not as commercialized, but the rooms were clean, beds were firm, so don't expect a pillow mattress. The suite may have offered noise insulation from the hallway, as we never heard anything at night and the evening disco (when they had it) could only be heard if you opened your window to the room or went out on the balcony. If you're looking for family friendly, this place is it. Activities were fun and entertaining. We enjoyed the food, but don't expect what you may be used to if you're American. I recommend to change it up a bit by eating at the a la carte restaurant for dinner once in a while during your stay. The Italian Restaurante Venezia was delicious! We hope to make it a new tradition to come and visit the Samba in the future and sharpen our Spanish skills so we can speak to the staff in their own language :) We cannot say enough about the beautiful beach, cabanas, beach-side drink service, etc. An unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool/beach side offer the best views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bree-Z-Bee
SAMBA V, Director General at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

On behalf of Hotel Samba Vallarta thank you for share your experience regarding your stay, we are so glad that it was a pleasant one. This comments are very motivating for all of us to continue offering the best, we are going to post your comments in our notice board so that all our co-workers fell your kindness. We hope you continue being one of our most valued guests at this your home “Samba Vallarta Hotel”