Samba Vallarta All Inclusive
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Riu Jalisco(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
2,333 results
All reviewssmall resorta la cartesbalcony roomitalian restaurantmexican familieshot dogsthe grillbuffet foodspecialty restaurantsbeach barmusty smellactivity staffthe air conditioningshows at nightchicken nuggetsping pongfamily resort
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Samba, and I would go back again. I think the resort offers very good value for the price. The food I found to be be very good. The resort only has something like 180 rooms, so you would not expect to see a huge variety, as you would at one of the huge resorts along the beach. The quality of the food was very good, in my opinion, and the selection was acceptable.
The room was perfectly fine, but the bathroom could have used some updating. There was a crack in the stone counter top in the bathroom, and the shower head worked, but needed to be replaced. The maid service was very good.
Thr resort caters to Mexicans and families, which is fine, as I very much enjoy Mexican food, and there was more Mexican food served here than when I was at the Riu Vallarta (a MUCH larger resort) last December.
I did not take in the evening entertainment, so I cannot comment on that.
My room and balcony faced the Riu Jalisco next door and there was partying, noise and entertainment there every night, which was disappointing, but there was nothing I could do about it. I preferred to keep the air conditioning off, and the balcony door open, but one night, when the carousing at the Riu went on until 3:00 AM, I had to turn on the air conditioner in order to get some sleep.
The wait staff in the whole resort was exceptional in my opinion. They were all very friendly and outgoing, and Ismail in particular was very patient and helpful with my stumbling and rudimentary Spanish.
I went to the Mexican a la carte restaurant one night, and while the appetizer and soup were excellent, I was disappointed with the entre. But it wasn't really a Mexican entre that I ordered.
When I was at the Samba 18 months ago, they served a Mexican wine (red and white) with meals. They are now serving a Spanish wine (red and white) and it is a VAST improvement over the Mexican wines. I found the white in particular to be delicious and well suited to the menu.
The Samba is well suited for people looking for a quiet relaxing vacation. If you want parties and lots of activities in the resort, try the bigger places.
The whole beach is exceptional, and the Samba is situated about halfway between the breakwater at the marina and the town of Bucerias. I walked the whole beach from the breakwater to Bucerias twice while I was there (though I did not do the whole length in one day). The beach is why I keep going back to Nuevo Vallarta - this was my seventh time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. The other side of the resort faces the Riu Jalisco which can be excessively noisy at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank winer8
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

2 weeks ago I stayed at the Samba with my boyfriend, a friend, and her boyfrind. It was my very first vacation. The Hotel was pretty, and the location was great! Super close to the beach. But the staff were definately not "amazing" like people claim in other reviews. The security guards, and front door guys were awesome, Alejandro was so sweet :) but the ladies at the front desk were useless! They barely spoke any english. We had an issue with our toilets on the 1st and 2nd day were there, and when you called the front to get a maintenence man, they had no idea what you were talking about. We had numerous issues with those ladies from the minute we got there. Super annoying! But on a good note, the bartenders, and waiters were super friendly. Martin, bartender, was awesome! None of us enjoyed the food, at all. With one exception, the egg ladies were fantastic, and those burrito omlette's were delicious!!! There were sooooo mamy locals there, 9 times out of 10, you had to try and squeeze your way in to eat! But the beds sucked, and the "club" everynight was soo loud it was hard to sleep, even with the ac on. There were never any pool chairs or beach chairs with palapas to sit under, so that sucked. Also, because the food sucked, we went into Bucerias quite a bit. It was only 8 us dollars in a taxi, and the food there was awesome! Authentic at its finest! Taco and churro carts everywhere, not to mention all the bars and resturaunts lining the streets! If you head into Bucerias, hit up Yoyo Mo's. Its a Canadian owned bar. Delicious food, and super amazing people work there! :) Just 1 and a 1/2 blocks down from the church!

Thanks for the accomidations Samba, but i wont be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank tjftbsj
SAMBA V, Director General at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time writing your comments about your stay in Samba Vallarta. We strive to continually improve our service and your input help us to provide best possible experience. Following our customer`s suggestions and constructive comments, we are constantly upgrading the facility and service to positioning the property as an attractively priced, intimate, family-oriented option and make us a favorite for vacationers. We hope you continue being one of our most valued guests at this your home “Samba Vallarta Hotel”

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have to admit I was a little concerned about booking this hotel at first being that the hotel was only rated a 3.5* and because of the size. I ended up booking based on the tripadvisor reviews! Wow was I wrong! What an amazing hotel! If you are looking for a fantastic place to call your home away from home this is it!! Right from the moment we stepped off the plane the Samba was shining. We arrived at 11:50 and were swimming in the pool by 1:00! They had a private van waiting for our party of 5 to take us to the hotel! Check in was a breeze we had booked 2 rooms and they had us on separate floors but we asked to be closer and they promptly accomadated us! We got one room with a balcony and one without. Having the balcony was definitely nice in the evening. We faced the Riu I would have preferred to look out at our hotel, the pool and the grounds were beautiful! My husband and I travel every year and the staff here is the best we have ever had they truly make you feel like you are family! The food here was amazing this is the first all inclusive that I can honestly say the food was always hot and fresh and super tasty! Usually we eat at he buffet once and then we are the first people lined up the next morning for reservations at the al a carte! We only ate at the a la carte twice and we stayed here for 11 days! The pool was small but adequate it was three pools combined(splash pool for kids and two larger pools) we never had a problem finding chairs at the pool or down on the beach none of the bs of going down at 6am to reserve your chairs for the day. A huge surprise was the waiter service at both the pool and the beach!The beach here was amazing great for playing in the surf and boogie boarding and only a short walk down the beach to bucerias maybe 45-1hr with kids in tow. I could rave about his hotel all day long but I must sum it up if you are looking for a great place with no bells and whistles this is the perfect spot! Clean rooms,beautiful grounds the best staff and close proximity to everything pick the Samba you won't be disappointed! My only suggestion for the hotel would be fridges in the rooms and drink menus at the bars!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank luvthesun2013

We offer our thanks for sharing your kind comments about your stay at Samba Vallarta, we are so glad that it was a pleasant one. Your compliments towards our hotel and friendly staff are very motivating for all our associates to continue offering the best . We sincerely hope you and your family will be back here at your home Samba Vallarta.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I visited the Samba January 25 for one week, flying WestJet from Victoria. This was my first trip to the Pacific side of Mexico, a quick, reasonably priced last minute trip with a friend to the sun..... and next year we will be going for longer and when I retire I plan on going for months at a time like some of the people we met there. I have travelled many places and never understood people who go back to the same place year after year...well now I know why. When you find something that just fits, why go anywhere else?
Why? 1/The staff: are extra amazing and yes we tipped but not every time and the service never changed and be sure that if they remember what you drink or what you take in coffee, you know they remember you didn't tip last time, and I am not going to name any of the wonderful staff as I don't want to leave anyone out but thank you all for a memorable time. 2/ The food: I don't understand the complaints about the food, the buffet was well presented, had plenty of choices and it was all very tasty and they weren't scared of spices, better than many of my previous vacations in higher * places....true if you want to eat bland, boring or burgers & pizza that could be a problem but the selection at the Samba was excellent, fruit, fish, meat, vegetables, salads...and the morning omellettes were delicious as were the pastries; the desserts were the only thing that I did not consider up to par but the flan was the best. The BBQ night behind the pool bar was great fun and we danced the night away..well til 10 when the local band went home. We didn't even bother trying the Mexican or Italian restaurants, thought we'd leave them til next time and that surprised me as booking into the a la carte is something right up there on my list as I know from experience that the buffets can get that 'same thing every day' feeeling but I didn't find that at all at the Samba. 3/ The rooms: yes, are a little dated, but very clean and the beds are very comfortable which was a pleasant surprise...but, I would go back for the shower alone - they never ran out of hot water and I have travelled to many places that hot water is a rarity and some of them 5* resorts. We never noticed a musty smell in our room but then we never closed the patio door (we were wise enough to book and pay for a room with a balcony and not try and get it for free on arrival) we were on the 3rd floor overlooking the RUI hotel next door quiet for the most part but could be noisy when their entertainment was on, but it was finished by 10ish so not worth a complaint. 4/Other: did I mention the staff? The pool is not the largest but big enough and they do ensure that kids are kept out of the adult area. The Beach is wide, sandy and long for walking; it takes about an hour to walk to Bucerias and don't let anyone tell you different but it is a lovely hour walk, yes with beach vendors but they were very polite and the second you said no thank you or not interested they smiled and backed off.
The Cons: Yes there was a smell by the beach toilets but they were spotless and it wasn't noticeable inside just when in close proximety to them. The beach bar food was pretty awful but we only used it the once when we first arrived...burgers, fries etc.. The entertainment was well intended and it was definitely entertaining in a 'I can't believe I am watching this' way; some nights it was just a little amateurish but we also realized the resort didn't have the entertainment budget of the big RUI next door so we just enjoyed what there was...some nights more than others.
I now have a picture taken from the lobby bar on my desktop and everytime I look at it I think of sun, sand and of early evenings sat in that same bar sitting sipping a martini waiting for the bats to pour themselves out from beneath the roof tiles for their nightly foray or the coatimundi walking along the top of the roof.... and looking forward to my next trip to this little gem of a resort.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beverley S
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a wonderful 10 days at the Samba Vallarta all inclusive hotel. A special thank you to the following staff:
Ernesto, Juan Jose, Salvadore (2), Martin (2), Ishmael, Israel, Jose, Jesus, Olga and her partner cooking at the grill, Alexandro, Andres, Genaro, Peres, Alberto, Eligio, Ricardo, Cesar and all the pool, yard, cleaning, cooking, serving, repair and beach staff. Thank you to everyone who helped make our vacation great.
Michael and Joan