All reviews picnic island local island maldivian life bikini beach nice holiday whale sharks recommend this hotel real maldives an excursion domestic flight tuna fresh fruit speed boat holiday island fish guest house is special thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

KOIMALA HOTEL
I spent 6 days in this lovely guesthouse getting in touch with the authentic Maldivian culture and lifestyle. The guesthouse is in the Main Street of Maamigili, easy to find and only few minutes away from the beach( you can use the bike provided for free by the guesthouse to go to the beach ). The staff.are wonderful people and they do the best they can to help you with whatever you may need. I booked my stay at this hotel the day before my arrival and the owner was so kind to organize everything for me with such a short time notice !!!they organized everything, from the transport (they picked me up at the airport of Male and organized all the transport to the hotel for me), the nice welcome with refreshments and everything else I asked throughout my stay!they arranged a special breakfast for me since I don’t eat everything, they gave me all the info to visit the island , they gave a lift to the beach or whenever I wanted to go. They offered a free excursion to the sandbank and a boat trip to snorkel around free of charge which is great and not everybody give this opportunity for free! I really recommend to do as much excursions as possible with them (Fenfushi is literally a paradise) to get the chance to see mantas, whale sharks and many other fishes and coral. My room was at the first floor, very big and nice and they provide a kettle so that you can enjoy tea or coffe in the privacy of your room. They offered snorkeling equipment free of charge and they also prepare delicious meals at any time of the day!! I asked to have dinner almost at midnight and they were more than happy to do it for me . They were always very friendly and made sure I had a wonderful time. Maamigili is a small and quiet island where you can easily find all that you need. There is a bikini beach 5minutes to the hotel,few shops nearby, and a pharmacy. There is also the opportunity to spend a relaxing day at “Holiday island” or to ”Sun island” which are resorts close to maamigili . The transport to go to“Sun Island” is free and it takes 2 minutes to get you there (the entrance is 25$ for the all day and it’s free after 18:00) it’s nice to go even only to have dinner or few cocktails! I couldn’t thank them enough for their patient and their hard work to make sure I had a nice holiday! And the price is unbelievably cheap for being in the Maldives!! I would definitely go back again in this hotel if I’ll
Ever gi to maamigili and I suggest you to do the same to experience the truly Maldivian life.feel free to ask me anything :-)

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank S_monica87
Reviewed March 30, 2019

Personal extreme friendly. All who work at Koimala try to think with you how you can make the best holiday! We did some nice excursions who are perfect organised by Koimala! Hotel is clean and comfort for a really good price! I would everybody who go to the Maldives advice to take this hotel!! We enjoyed the food as well!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

I have been there for 7 days. Staff is amazing, they are there to help you with everything you need. They really take care of their guests as a family. Food provided is really tasty and the exscursions very interesting. I've been travelling a lot around the world and i can confirm that this hotel has been one of the best ever. I want to say thanks to the lovely staff especially Rippath, Afran, Ali, Faruk, Lemon and Subbe. Sorry if i forget someone :)
I've really appreciated all and i will go back asap.
I highly reccomend this place. Great value for the price paid!
KOIMALA SEE YOU SOON;))

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Very nice hotel and amazing staff. Day trips are the best and beach is beautiful. If you never been there than i recommend this hotel. Rooms are very nice, delicious food and a lots of activities. I already miss Maamigili. Can't wait to come back❤️

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been to Koimala inn twice. Last year I chose the hotel for many reasons: good price, the bikini beach close by and proximity to a lot of different islands. What a good way to get acquainted with Maldives! Rippath is very nice and helpful guy, always helped me and answered all my questions. The room was always clean. The food was delicious. Especially breakfast: tuna and coconut-my personal crush! All the crew of koimala was very friendly! If you’re not a good swimmer (like me) you can ask someone of the crew to join you and make your snorkeling really unforgettable! The hotel has a big list of different excursions, you will never feel bored, staying in Koimala! One of the best hotels in Maamigili. When I decided to visit Maldives again, I didn’t think about the place to stay in.
Highly recommend