“Very disappointed!”

Rendezvous Lounge
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Cupecoy Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rendez Vous Lounge French & Italian Cuisine Terrace style dining located in a Mediterranean village called Porto Cupecoy in SXM Sint Maarten. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner is served daily. For Special treat stop by for a gelato or French pastries. Open 7 days a week from 8 A.M. To 10 P.M. (Kitchen closes at 9 P.M.) Happy hours every day from 5 to 7 P.M. CB: Visa,Amex, Master card & Discover
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The setting is just beautiful! It is picture perfect, quiet, romantic. I wanted to sit and stay for a while and enjoy the atmosphere, but we had already had lunch. Does decided to order dessert and some drinks. It took quite a while for a waitress to come by but we understand things run on island time and we were just enjoying. He gorgeous atmosphere. I love pastries and French food so I was very much looking forward to a pastry. I went inside to see what they had and was surprised to see the small selection of dried out pastries. Nothing looked very appealing, but I know sometimes looks can be deceiving. I ended up ordering gelato and a Belgian waffle. My husband ordered another type of gelato. It took forever to arrive, the waffle was mostly warm, but a little stale (it had clearly just been reheated), and both flavors of gelato were pretty bad. The pistachio tasted more like fruity rose water (very strange flavor!!!). They were clearly artificially flavored, and not what I expected from such a beautiful place. The service was very slow, and the order came out wrong, but they were polite enough and fixed the mistake without any trouble. The caramel frapp was pretty good, but we won't be back for dessert.

There are newer reviews for Rendezvous Lounge

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Porto Cupecoy is a hidden gem with shops and market, we stumbled on the Rondezvous one evening, and went back 3 more times. Atmosphere is relaxed dinning with flavorful cuisine. Try the flamenkuchie pizza ( Bacon and heavy whipping cream) and add a margarita to boot. will not disappoint. Closed on thursday.....learned that the hard way:(

Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had dinner here on Valentines day. The restaurant made it a fun evening. The setting is outside in a large court yard overlooking the marina. The food was simple but well cooked. I had mahi mahi steak which was fresh and simple with melted butter, with rice, broccoli and carrots as sides. My husband had a fresh tuna steak with teriyaki sauce which was also fresh. The restaurant had live music, an accordion player from New York, who made the evening festive. The restaurant also gave each woman a red rose! It was definitely enjoyable.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is the place to go for a coffee and croissant in the morning. Honestly, they serve the best chocolate croissants. Great little spot in Porto Cupecoy!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This was a quaint bistro to hang out and have breakfast as we did. We got caught up in a down pour so decided to split breakfast by he device was great. Very attentive. They had free WiFi so we were able to converse with family while enjoying the scenery of the marina, rainfall and a good meal. We ordered Belgium waffles with strawberries and it was so good. My husband had a fresh glass if OJ that hit the spot. Highly recommend this bistro to kick up your feet and relax.