We just got back from our week at Sapphire Beach Club. The resort seems better than last year. The gardens are beautiful. Our room in the second tower was in good shape as was the furniture. The elevators BOTH were working. Can't beat the view of the caribbean from a balcony with a jacuzzi. The pool was great. the beach is still missing, but a short walk brought us to the nude section past Ocean Club with not much sand and a short walk in the other direction brought us to Cliffhanger and their beach which had a lot of sand.
We spent some time at Atlantis Casino and enjoyed their restaurants. Temptation, Montmartre, and Gondola are all fantastic in different ways. Temptation could be straight out of NY. The chef graduated from the CIA just north of the city. Montmartre could be straight out of Paris at the turn of the last century and La Gondola comes from Rome. The waiter at Montmartre gave us a card for free drinks and sent us to their sister restaurant in Grand Case, Auberge Gourmand. They were doing 1 dollar for 1 euro, so the prices were OK. The food was similar, fine French, in a restored Creole cottage. We went down to Simpson Bay for a wood-fired pizza at Hot Tomatoes one night. Tough to beat a really good pizza and a nice bottle of red for under $40, especially when you can dine on the lagoon. We tried Halsey's another night. The food is pretty good and priced well.
We did a snorkel/sail on Random Wind that was fun, especially if you like to SAIL (not motor) and like to snorkel. The Pub Crawl didn't do either but it was great fun if you like to eat, drink, talk, drink, etc. Other than that, we were in the casinos a bit at night but mostly tired ourselves out on the beaches in the glorious days. It was best weather in a long time said the locals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Cupecoy Bay