I dont want to be too negative about this resort because they did meet my needs for our particular situation, but I do want to be honest about our experience. The staff was very good especially since they probably already have heard every complaint from the people having stayed here.
I'll start with the positives about our experience: In the room that we stayed in we had a great view of Saba and the Caribbean waters. The other thing I enjoyed about this resort was it was in-expensive and basically a storage unit for our stuff while we went to the beach and dinner. The only time we stayed on the resort was to sleep. They also had a pretty good selection of essentials in the store in the bottom floor. Not sure what the prices were, but I usually will pay a little more if I can save time.
Some of the negatives: Right when you drive into the resort you can tell that the building is worn down and has seem better days. I'm not big on beautiful decor and flash but at some point things need to be updated. The bed was awful. It gave me no support and I probably sunk a good 4 inches when i sat on it. As I moved closer to the middle of the bed it was extremely hard and unforgiving. I don't want to bore anyone with all the negative details but I hope anyone looking to stay here understands why certain resorts are inexpensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St. Maarten-St. Martin/Cupecoy Bay