Stayed here from 2/16 - 2/23. When we got there, we didn't get the two beds we requested, we got one bed and a sofa. That was a huge disappointment. Many of the things did not work and no one seemed to care. We had to call our booking agent to get these things repaired. The room was beautiful overlooking the Caribbean with a balcony and some sort of hot tub. The hot tub was filled with water and stayed that way. We couldn't figure out how to add our own water or how to make the water hot. We were in a jr suite which meant we could cook, have a refrigerator etc which was great. Our bathroom was beautiful. The biggest draw back is that there is no beach and renting a car is an absolute must. Another very strange incident was on Sunday they had what they called "Family Day" This meant a busload of 40 people taking over the pool and surrounding area with exceptionally loud music from 11:30 - 5:30. This forced us to flee from the hotel.
When we booked our hotel we were not told this was a timeshare, if you are not a time share owner I would suggest finding a more updated place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Cupecoy Bay