Checked in on 10/26/12 and the air conditioner did not work. Just blew warm air not cold. Told the not so friendly crew at the front desk and was told they would have it checked. Long story short after complaining all week to front desk and talking to the manager 3 times ( who told us the first time it would be fixed the next day, and wasn't) the a/c was still not working when we checked out on 11/3/12. There were other guest with a/c and not happy.
Front desk crew are useless and unfriendly. It's like you are bothering them when you go down there. Seems like they are just there to make their hours and go home.
The hot tub did not work , the ice maker on the fridge did not work and neither one was fix by the time we left. If you need ice you have to go into town and buy it. No ice at the resort. Had a hard time getting clean washcloths .
The only good thing there is the Oreo22 bar. Stephanie and Sharon are GREAT! Would never stay here again and will not recommend to anyone.
You get off the elevator and the place has a moldy smell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort is located just 3 miles from Princess Juliana International Airport on the Dutch Side of Sint-Maarten, on French-Dutch border. Situated between the turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean Sea and the beautiful Simpson Bay Lagoon on Cupecoy Beach. 180 spacious guest rooms, penthouses and villas elegantly decorated with Caribbean decor, fully equipped kitchens including coffee maker; with luxurious Italian Marble Bathrooms, Internet access, cable TV, VCR and DVD and fabulous view. Relax in style and enjoy tropical breezes from your private terrace or balcony, with spectacular views of the ocean or the expansive Simpson Bay Lagoon. All the ocean-view rooms have a private jacuzzi on the balcony, and all the luxurious villas and penthouses feature private swimming pools and Jacuzzis overlooking the view of the Caribbean Sea.Enjoy the island’s wonderful beaches . In fact, the resort is within easy walking distance of beautiful Cupecoy Beach, a prime spot for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing and other water sports. SBC is nearby golf course and tennis court as well. In just few minutes you can enjoy duty-free shopping at the upscale designer boutiques and jewelry shops of Philipsburg and Marigot as well as nearby hip clubs and casinos. Take advantage of the whole range of hotel services SBC offers to our valued guests:- Open Reception 24h / 24 and 7 days / 7- Swimming pool- Fitness Room and Beauty Salon- Business Center- Bar & Restaurant- Activity Desk- Car Rental Desk. All surrounded by the fabulous mix of Dutch, French and Caribbean charm that makes Sapphire Beach Club Resort a delightful place for vacation all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sapphire Beach Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sapphire Beach Club And Resort
- Sapphire Beach Club Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Wyndham Sapphire Beach Resort
- Wyndham Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Wyndham
- Sapphire Beach Club Resort St Martin / St Maarten/Cupecoy Bay