“Fantastic dinner”

Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: On the edge of the MarinaFine restaurant, traditonal French kitchen, specials every night Lunch and Dinner Open every day except Tuesday From 10 AM to 10 PM Live music every week
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I were vacationing in the area and we're looking for a restaurant that was casual but had a good menu and great service and we found it with Le Bateau Ivre. It is the best restaurant we have been to so far on the island. The food was fantastic and the service second to none. I would highly recommend that, if time allows, you visit this restaurant. The staff is friendly and the food is amazing!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

One would think this place would have hit it out of the park. Beautiful atmosphere, nice service, great view even at night...comfortable. I enjoyed the singer they had, not sure if that is a nightly thing but nice touch for the occassion. they had a price fix menu for $65 pp, included a glass of champagne. We were not aware of this and didnt occur to ask before we made our reservation, but selection seemed decent enough. They even brought a complimentary appetizer with salmon and avocado. No offerings of salad for appetizer course. We started with a wonderful Foie Graux on toast, simple, and very tasty. I enjoyed the mini french bread loaves. Wine was a rose reasonably priced and delicious. Then, it went downhill. My dinner was an additional $10 and I was told it was lobster with scallops, in a vanilla sauce. The lobster was actually 3 langostinos and 3 scallops, not very large, plain jasmine white rice and some vegetable. The duck would have been a better choice and it was delicious. Very disappointed with the dessert. They offered two different fruit plates...one to dip in chocolate fondue, the other just a fruit mold...the fruit did not appear to be very fresh, nothing special. A chocolate mousse would have been a better offering or similar. I did enjoy my glass of champagne, served with the dessert, but the food was just "eh". That being said, I would come back to try their full menu as I have heard it is good. I will keep this in mind for another time...

Le-Bateau-Ivre, Propriétaire at Le Bateau Ivre, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

I really appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your experience at my restaurant. I sincerely apologize that we did live up to your expectations. We are really sorry, to have not informed you we had a special menu for Valentine’s night.
We are surprised about the “ Gambas and Sea Scallops Duo with vanilla sauce” who were clearly explained on the menu: We never spoke about lobster but about Gambas who is a big sea shrimps We are really sorry you misunderstood.
About the dessert, you are speaking about the “ Fruit Tartar” who was made with fresh fruit, peeled and cut in the previous minutes.
I hope you will give us another chance to deliver a great dining experience We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again.

Valérie
Owner

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is a lovely little restaurant in the Cupecoy Plaza. It is very small so make reservations. I had the best Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo ever. It is huge, so split it. The service was great and even the live music was good. Definitely a place to go.

We sincerely thank you for your very encouraging review: Indeed we do our best to represent the French cuisine and appreciate being recognized

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I were at the Le Bateau Ivre last week as a treat to the coming of the end of our vacation on St. Martin. The atmosphere was perfect. Sitting inside, but with clear dropped panels to prevent the wind, fresh air still allowed through the doors and the sides made it perfect temperature. The view of the marina is great. People walking around, on their boats, walking dogs. The staff very friendly and accommodating. Speak English very well and help you to work on your French if you'd like. Snails and mushroom appetizer was delicious but very large, easily could have shared. Same with the tuna/mahi appetizer, which actually would make a delicious lunch. Seabass for dinner - which was a special, was incredible. Light and just enough. My husband wasn't crazy about the veal, but because it was rich, not that it was bad. Great wine list with some very nice French options in both red and white. We try to hit this restaurant every year as our going away meal as it is on the pricy side but definitely worth it.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Have lunched there three times with friends. Sited in the Porto Cupecoy development (which is trying hard to convince you it is populated by wealthy people), the restaurant is great for a laid-back lunch. Wait staff tries very hard to please. Tuna Tartar is quite good. Wines are good and are served at the correct temperature. We were impressed enough to keep going back.