“French Restaurant with great food and service”
Review of Le Bateau Ivre

Le Bateau Ivre
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: On the edge of the MarinaFine restaurant, traditonal French kitchen, specials every night Lunch and Dinner Open every day except Tuesday From 10 AM to 10 PM Live music every week
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We went for lunch and then went back several days later with family because our first experience was so good. We had different servers on these two visits. Both were attentive while not being obtrusive. We had numerous different entrees and appetizers. Everything was well prepared and excellent for both the eye and palette. The drinks were good pours. While everything was good I must comment on their cheese and mushroom omelet. It had the best flavor of any omelet that i have ever tasted . This restaurant is a definite "must go"!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

You start with a setting of large yachts docked 50 feet from your table. Add tremendous service. Add magnificent presentation.....and finish with food that taste spectacular. You have just experienced one the finest meals you can find on St Maarten.
My wife and I had visited this development three years ago when it was struggling to exist. Now there are numerous building with luxorious condominiums that dominate the Port. Empty slips are now filled with the most fabulous yachts in the Caribbean. And the Port has grown up with restaurants and shops as well.
This is where we found Le Bateau Ivre, a culinary delite! Before our entrees were served, we were treated to a small portion of carrot and potato soup. Not my usual favorites among soups, but it was excellent. My wife had Grilled Grouper with asparegas sauce, rice and a vegetable medially. When it was served it almost looked too good to eat! She claims it was the best meal she has had on St Maarten. I had the Beef Lasanga. It was absolutely out of this world. They also have an excellent wine selection.
My recommendation is to skip the overly priced restaurant in Grand Case and Marigot and try the best french Cuisine on the Island at Le Bateau Ivre.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We discovered this nice little spot at the far end of the newish Porto Cupecoy complex...overlooking the marina. There are a few outside tables next to the water, and about a dozen in a semi indoor area. Nice music playing and nice look. Great service. Several specials each night and they are written on a blackboard. Many choices from fish to beef, steak, pasta, chicken.....and some French emphasis but not entirely. Fair pricing. We enjoyed our meal and very much so our interaction with the mademoiselle and Monsieur who operate "the Tipsy Boat". We will definitely return. This complex is just five minutes from La Samanna and a few minutes beyond Atlantis casino and the new Blue Mall if you are coming from the Simpson Bay Area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Foodwise, this place tied one other restaurant for best meal on the island. Once you add the charming ambience and outstanding service into the equation, this becomes hands down the best evening we had. I had the French onion soup to start, the Duck Breast special, and the Chocolate Mousse for dessert. DE-LI-CIOUS! The French Onion soup somehow managed to deliver rich flavor without any heaviness. The duck was a perfect medium-rare and the sides (scalloped potatoes, bacon wrapped green beans) were quite tasty, though the beans were a smidge overcooked. The Chocolate Mousse had notes of l'orange so if you're down for that (I am), it's delicious.

I think this might have been the best service I've ever experienced (even in the US), and I've been to lots of fine restaurants. Our waiter was the perfect blend of knowledge, skill, humility, and humor. He made the evening a true experience. The lighting was dim but not dark, the décor was relaxed traditional, the view of the marina was awesome, and there was a live vocalist who was quite good.

We had a wonderful, memorable night. I hope you do too!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Service was great. The food was absolutely delicious and the view is just amazing. We went there for lunch and it was simply wonderful.