The Summit Hotel
$176
  • Pool
$149
$144
Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$91
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$145
Orbitz.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
$85
$273
$125
Priceline
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
$215
$93
Priceline
All reviewssimpson bay lagoonmullet beachgreat view of the lagoonamerican universityquiet resortwithin walking distancefive minute walkst maartenfull kitchenpool areafrench bakerynice poolrental carhome away from hometime shareoff seasongrand case
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just back from 4 nights there. Great location right by Mullet Beach and Maho. Stayed in a deluxe room with my girlfriend and her daughter. Nice partial view of the Simpson Bay Lagoon from our room and view of the stars at night by the pool. Room was kept quite clean and had all the materials necesary to allow us to cook in when we wanted to. The king size bed was comfortable; our sole problem was the comfort level of the sofabed. All the workers were pleasant and helfpul. We had some concerns about the cats and called 2x prior to our viist to make sure that would not be an issue and it wasn't. Thanks to Margie for all of her help with that and during our stay. We WILL stay here again.
See separate reviews for comments on beaches...

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting rooms closer to the Lagoon for the views as well as the self contained units/bungalows with no 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at the Summit Resort for the last two weeks in May of this year as the kickoff to a much needed sabbatical from work. I was looking for a location that would provide the right amount of solitude, communion with nature, friendly atmosphere and great food and activities. The Summit did not disappoint in any way! I love the way its set up in what I believe is considered an "Old Caribbean"style with villa apartments, each with a nice balcony. Set in a gorgeous garden setting with little touches (a little fountain here, spectacular flowering trees there), with a great pool and deck for sunning, chilling, writing, or sipping glorious banana daquiris! I really appreciated the attentive and gracious staff, there was fresh coconut water in my room upon my arrival and superb upkeep of my room. I also really found the location to be convenient for getting a bit a walking exercise when going to Port of Cupucoy (a beautiful marina with shopping, grocery and tapas bars), or spending the day at Mullet beach which is about 10 minutes away. That is also where you can easily catch a bus to Phillipsburg or Marigot. The restaurant and bar staff were also excellent, as was every dish I ordered while I was there, from breakfast to dinner. They have fun activities for those who want to partake in karoake or bingo. The vibe is really caring and thoughtful and the place just seems to attract friendly, fun folks. Many of the friend I made were regulars there, which speaks volumes! I will definitely be back! Many thanks to the management and staff who so obviously care deeply about running a quality establishment.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lottie S
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The Summit is located on the bay side of Cupecoy and has no beach but a great view of the bay and the French side of the island. Besides one of the best beaches on the Dutch side (Mullet Beach) is a short ten-fifteen minute walk past the Atlantis Casino and across the golf course. The Summit is not luxury and shows its age but it is clean, well kept and affordable. The location is a plus and a negative. It is on a quite street, near Maho and the airport but you should rent a car since it will be difficult to get a taxi early in the mornings or very late at night. Maho is a five-ten minute drive away and where most of the restaurants and nightlife are located (too far to walk). The pool area and staff are great! I will definitely consider staying at the Summit again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view of the bay and upstairs
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FredOH69
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We have just returned from a week at SUMMIT and would like to share a few thoughts. SUMMIT is our choice when we wish to fit in another week of leisure time without spending a heap of $$$. The location is ideal for those who like to "stay put" or for those who wish to visit some of the best SXM beaches, restaurants and casinos without driving all over the island late at night.

As frequent visitors we expect minor issues like no water for a few hours and even a lapse in the internet. These disturbances occur, and it's not just at Summit. When services fail it's the fault of the infrastructure and everybody is inconvenienced; even the $300.00 per night hotel down the road.

One feature we really like is the 24 hour security. Nobody gets into the property who shouldn't be there. We also appreciate blazing internet FREE in all the rooms, hard wired to give constant service.

The staff are friendly and helpful and have been onsite for years and years. This really counts when it comes to quality of service and security. They will go out of their way to accommodate.

The King sized beds are comfortable and towels and linens are top of the line. Modern fridges and digital locking safes are very convenient.

Save the $$$ you would spend at the big resorts for another vacation,; Summit has it all but for less.

BIGDEN

Room Tip: Pack a multi plug receptacle to handle all the chargers for your electronics.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mahomanx
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We loved the Summit Hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, The rooms were very affordable and large. The onsite facilities were nice.

The hotel is up a hill a bit, but it is an easy walk down to the nearby Mullet Bay beach...by far one of the nicest on St. Maartin.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple