We were looking for a quiet place to relax and have as a base for exploring the island. For that purpose the Summit was perfect. No noisy kids or dogs. The room was very spacious with a nice view of the Lagoon. The kitchen was well equipped, but I wondered what the designer of the kitchen had in mind. The dining table was mounted in front of the kitchen table, which made it useless. Nevertheless it was good to have a kitchen as we are both great chefs.
The service was great and the cleanness was outstanding.
The Summit promised free continental breakfast. Maybe we had too high expectations, but the continental breakfast only consisted 2 slices of toasted bread, a small slice of ham or turkey and a small slice of cheese, butter and jam + 1 cup of coffee or tea
Hot water seemed to be a scarce resource but it didn't matter much as we usually preferred cold showers.
1. Go to the fish market in Marigot early in the morning to buy fresh fish, veggies and fruits.
2. Rent a car through the hotel and make arrangements that they pick you up at the airport. the taxi to the hotel cost a half days rent and the agency the hotel collaborates with is excellent.
3. For food shopping go to the french side. On your way to Marigot there is a supermarket called US Market. Don't let the name fool you. Its french with all the goodies in the world you can dream of + US steaks at a very reasonable price. There is also a Casino Express which is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, clean, quiet property with a spectacular view overlooking Simpson Bay Lagoon. Close to the best beaches, restaurants and nightlife on the island but tucked away with lots of privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Summit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summit Hotel Cupecoy Bay
- Summit Cupecoy Bay
- Cupecoy Bay Summit
- The Summit Hotel St. Maarten-St. Martin/Cupecoy Bay