“small and quaint”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“small and quaint”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

something to do but coming from NY it wasn't on my list of top things to do.in St. Martin/St. Maarten

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Queen67

Kittery Point, Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Atlantic Casino~ Run down, dirty”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband and I were looking for good food and based on the reviews of restaurants at the Atlantis Casino, decided to take the short drive from Cupecoy beach area to the Atlantis for diiner. I guess I expected a the Atlantis Casino to be somewhat upscale. The outside area was dirty, with trash in the non functioning 'ponds', dirty windows, and the sidewalk covered in old gum. Both the restaurants we were interested in, Rare and Temptation, had gotten rave reviews as far as food and atmosphere.I had read that they had award winning chefs at the helm.
My husband and I looked at the menus at both restaurants and were appalled, even the menus were dirty. I cannot understand the rave revues about both restaurants and am surprised that noone has commented on the overall look of disrepair, lack of upkeep and general uncleanliness at the Atlantis. Needless to say we left in search of something more in keeping with our standards and we found it at Bamboo Bernies- clean and great food!

Visited April 2011
4 Thank peaceandsun
Charleston, SC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Not a bad Casino at all”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Went here our last night it St. Maarten. I thought this was a nicer casino than the Hollywood Casino we went to earlier in the week. Lots of slots, a few tables. Played roulette for a while and the two women working the table were very friendly, especially since I was being quite cheap and playing the $5 minimums per spin. Very quick to get drinks there, even playing penny slots. We had dinner first in the cafe right before you went in the main entrance. It was a good mean, and really good/strong drinks. We'll go back.

6 Thank westashleyguy