“Wonderful experience and staff”
Review of Temptation

Temptation
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Elegant dining, live piano nightly, creative , seasonal cuisine and cocktails featuring award winning ,St .Maarten born chef Dino Jagtiani, and award winning bartender Paul Peterson.
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My brother and my new sister-in-law were celebrating their honeymoon on the island and I wanted to book them a celebratory dinner. I called and Asha and she helped me make this happen. She was so sweet on the phone and extremely helpful - even took note of some food allergies my sister in law has and helped organized a surprise dessert for them. She even called me when they were they finishing up their dinner on that evening so I can say hello to them! How sweet. On top of it all, my brother said the food was delish! Had a wonderful experience working with Asha and highly recommend!!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great scene, amazing food.....I mean seriously, amazing. Wait staff was attentive but not obnoxious. Loved it!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant since it opened in 2002. I make sure I come at least twice a week for the 3 weeks every February. I just started coming back In August for the 1st time in years with my new grandchildren to continue our family tradition. I came twice last week with my 2 Sons and their wives and they loved it. You will never have a bad meal. The Lobster Paella is fantastic.They started a price fix menu that is a great value. All the dishes are excellent. Also the deserts are fabulous, The ambiance is the best in St Maarten especially with the fantastic piano man. Also, if you like cocktails, My friends and I have all said that they have the best cocktails we ever had. I like rum and coke and it is blended perfectly. A Must go to restaurant in St. Maarten. Chef Dino and his Mom are great Hosts. They really make you feel welcome.

dino16, Owner at Temptation, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on tripadvisor. I appreciate your continued support, and look forward to serving you again in February.

Have a great fall and winter in NY

Dino

Reviewed August 5, 2014

On the eve of my 70th birthday, I chose to dine with my wife at Temptation, where we hadn't been in 3 years - a tough choice, given all of the excellent restaurants on the island. We stay in Orient on the French side, but the drive took less than 1/2 hour, and parked near the door. We had made a reservation - even in the off-season every table was filled by the time we left. After being seated, we were served a starter of toasted bread cubes with a basil infused dip. Next our appetizers: I chose the caramelized Vidalia onion soup, my wife the crab beignets. My entrée was "Chinese quack-quack", which consisted of round balls of duck breast, cooked perfectly - crispy on the outside and pink inside, with shrimp, Chinese veggies and stir-fried rice. My wife had a braised short-rib. For dessert, we shared "Mr. D's tempura apple pie". Basically, this was doughnut shaped rings of tempura coated apple slices, baked and coated with powdered sugar, and served with vanilla ice cream, with caramel and crushed pecans. We shared a half bottle of cabernet. The service was flawless - attentive, yet not obtrusive. The cost, including wine, was $162. The piano player even played "Happy Birthday", and the dessert came with a sparkler. As we left, Chef Dino's mother came over and gave us big hugs. This truly was a dining experience, enjoyable from the time we entered until we left. We could find no faults - the food, the service, or the atmosphere.

dino16, Owner at Temptation, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear 99Triumph
Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone about your great dining experience with us. We are flattered to you made the trip all the way from Orient beach, to celebrate a special birthday. Many thanks for your continued support.
Dino Jagtiani

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Inside dining with a live pianist. Wonderfully entertaining. A little cold and only inside dining, but very accommodating. The food was superb. Worth a visit. Give in to your Temptation. P.S. Shane (waiter) was great and good looking as well. The girls in your party will love him.