“Special experience”
Review of Temptation

Temptation
Reserve with OpenTable
Temptation is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Elegant dining, live piano nightly, creative , seasonal cuisine and cocktails featuring award winning ,St .Maarten born chef Dino Jagtiani, and award winning bartender Paul Peterson.
Flint, Michigan, United States
“Special experience”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Tonight I dined alone at Temptation having made my reservation for 7 pm online via email. I arrived early and was seated immediately after given a choice of two tables. I chose one closest to the piano as I thoroughly appreciate the efforts of the pianist. I was not disappointed with his selection of mostly show tunes with a little of Sinatra for good measure.

I ordered a Caesar wedge with toasted pine nuts and parmigiano. It was chopped as requested and delicious. I also ordered the 5 oz aged fillet served with mashed potatoes. I requested the asparagus as a side dish.

The fillet was perfectly prepared a medium rare. There

1 Thank ernabay

Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
“Great restaurant with a pianist setting the mood”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We went with another couple. We thought it was a wonderful experience. We felt the piano player was right on target as a mood enhancer.
The food is excellent. The chef's mom was on hand to greet us and tell us a bit about the restaurant (our first visit).
Two of us loved our meal. The other couple rated their meal good, but not excellent. The wife had a noodle bowl (it seems hard to justify a high price for a noodle bowl entree) while the husband had lamb. As I'm not a lover of lamb, I always go full grown animals. My steak was excellent and my dining partner loved her fish (we found the fish on the island uniformly excellent).
I see another review criticizing the piano location. I did see a large group seated near the piano. It is not a large restaurant. The piano was played softly and he did not sing or use the mike. Given that it's a grand piano, perhaps the large group should have requested a table in Rare or insisted on a private room (unsure if Temptation has one). I'd rather listen to a piano in the background than a large group of chatty Cathys.

Commack, New York
“Tempting food at Temptation”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful ambiance and intimate feel characterize this upscale eatery. The chef's mom is on hand to be sure all of your needs are met. She is adorable. My husband and I thought our friend might have gone to school with the chef and when the chef heard he came out to chat with us. He was charming. The food was inventive and delicious. The combinations of spices were fabulous. I highly recommend a trip to Temptation. Oh and our dessert came disguised in a flower pot. Yummm!!

USA
“What happened to a long-time favorite?”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had dined at Temptation on an annual basis for many years, looking forward to inventive, we'll-prepared meals. A visit two days ago led to a decision to not return. A request made a month before, that we be placed away from the piano, was not honored, and our group of ten, who were reacquainting themselves, could not hear each other. We became increasingly frustrated by interminably long waits and servers who seemed to disappear and be unavailable for an explanation of why there was a problem. Even asking for a bill in a then sparsely populated restaurant did not produce promptness of reply. Moreover, the food, while not poor, had declined in the quality of preparation. The prices, however, appeared to have soared.

1 Thank couchUsa
dino16, Owner at Temptation, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
I really appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your experience at my restaurant. I sincerely apologize that we did live up to your expectations . We did have some challenges with some key personnel being sick all at the same time, and therefore we're very short staffed during one of our busiest nights, during Christmas week when you dined with us. We all have "one of those days" when we are not clicking on all cylinders. I know you have given us a great 5 star review in the past, which is why you returned this year. I hope you will give us another chance to deliver a great dining experience We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again, and hope you will introduce yourself to me.

Kind regards
Dino Jagtiani
Chef-owner
Temptation
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Same menu as Rare, same average experience.”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

There is no difference between Rare and Temptation right now. The have the same menu, staff, service, etc.

Visited December 2013