“YOU MUST GO!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Alliston, Canada
“YOU MUST GO!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a warm and charming place to have a date with the hubby. The food portions and service are wonderful. You can taste the love and freshness is every bite. The atmosphere brings you back in time with that rustic homemade feel.
You leave content, relaxed and well nourished. Hats off to the owners for keeping it such a success all these years.

• Visited October 2013

Burlington, Canada
“Want to come back soon”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was invited by a friend to go out for lunch close to where he lived - it was a little out of the way but it sure was worth the drive. The food was excellent (lunch), ingredients were tasty and a super portion. They had 3 soups, ours was nice and hot. The buscuits were warm and enjoyable. The place was busy and we recieved excellent service- attentive and well timed.

• Visited November 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“Take your fly-swatter ...”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My Mom asked to go there for her birthday, so we made reservations for 4 ...

We sat at a nice table, with a view of a counter full of scones, cookies, and butter tarts ... but immediately noticed that there were flies all over the restaurant, and all over the food on the counter (which was not covered). So while waiting for the waitress we had entertainment - watching the flies go from scone to scone. Tasting the food, and leaving their droppings on them.

The flies were all over our table. Our whole meal was spent trying to get the flies off of our food. Hands waving and serviettes flying ...

No, this was not a cheap place. The food was very expensive $80 for 4 people to have tiny soup and small sandwiches (no alcohol). One person had half a sandwich. The soup came in a cup about half the size a coffee mug. The food was tasty, but we were so put off by all the flies it was impossible to enjoy our meals. I ate mine as fast as I could as the flies were trying to eat it before I cold. My wife covered hers so she could eat it later.

There was no concern for hygiene at all. The chef in the back made an appearance and had long hair without a proper hair net. I can't imagine the amount of flies that must be in the kitchen. When we asked the waitress if she could do anything about the flies she said "people keep opening the door". I guess at other restaurants they don't open their doors. No, they have 2 doors, one to the outside, and one to the inside, so that you can put controls in that entrance to prevent flies getting in. On a positive note, she brought us a flyswatter so we could get some exercise while we ate. That was a first.

Everyone in our party said they would never return to that place.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Jetrange_rPilot
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful experience!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am new to the area and have recently found my new favorite restaurant. I visited the Globe a few weeks back and I'm hooked. The atmosphere is amazing the food is delicious and the service is second to none. My most recent visit was just this past Thursday for lunch. Me and my friend both agreed our meals were fantastic and make sure you go hungry because the portions are huge!! Good luck finishing. My salad was overflowing with crisp fresh vegetables a meal in itself! Then I had a roast beef sandwich with sautéed mushroom and onions on homemade bread. It was incredible. The service was amazing as well, the staff was very helpful and cheery and our food and drink were timed to perfection. Another terrific experience, you won't be disappointed

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Trevor1924
Brampton, Canada
“what horrible service”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visited your restaurant on August 8th with friends. They made reservations for 12:30. My dinner was excellent as was my husbands. Our friends were not so fortunate. They ordered the smoked trout. The trout they declared to be delicious however the ‘salad’ was what ?? Great hunks of salad greens, huge chunk of cucumber & tomato graced their plate. There was no dressing. What is one supposed to do with this pile of greens. Trying to cut it up proved difficult as cutting caused the greens to spill over onto the table. When asked at the end of our meal how our dinner was the waitress was appalled that we had a complaint. My friend indicated that the trout had been delicious however the salad greens were more appropriate for a photo shoot than for a dinner. The waitress rudely replied “well you seem to have managed to eat it”. My friend reiterated that the ‘salad was more photogenic than edible to which the waitress surely replied “you should learn how to complain properly”. What a terrible ending to our lunch !!
We do not know what problems your waitress has but we do know that she needs to change her job to one that does not involve the public. There were two ladies working that day. The other lady...somewhat heavier with dark hair...was excellent.
We know that surviving in the restaurant business depends not only on great food but a great deal on how the guests are treated. My friends have indicated that they will no longer be coming to your restaurant due to the waitress’ behaviour. We felt that we should let you know of this situation.
Kindest Regards