“Should be closed down”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The worst " restaurant " i have ever been in , worldwide.
We were rushing and had not seen any reviews .
We waited 45mins and when we complained an entree arrived . This was ok .
They had no Quesadilla left !!!
We changed the order and another long wait the meals arrived , one was drenched in cooking oil and was sent back only to be replaced by exactly the same . The soft tacos were so stale that they could have replaced the soles of my shoes .
The other meals were very average .
Service was terrible ! There were 17 people dining at the same time and they could not cope !
I dont know how the business is surviving , they should cut their losses and close or hire a decent chef and wait staff .

Dine there at your own risk !
We all went to subway next door and ate in the car on the way home .
It was APPALLING !
Never go there .

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Prior to booking, I had read all the bad reviews on here and Urbanspoon but allowed myself to be swayed by a couple of friends who said it was good and with the hope that even if it wasnt great, it couldn't be worse than Panchos...RIGHT?.....WRONG!!

We have just recently got back from the USA and having eaten some great Mexican there, thought that an 'authentic' Mexican experience in Perth would be awesome. Unfortunately, I didnt find the food here to be authentic and out of the 15 people on the table (13 ate, 2 tasted), all agreed the food overall was just not good, with some exceptions/okayness - summary as below;

The price was $45 per person (due to group size had to have set menu/banquet style) - we had;

- Guacamole with blue corn chips (Guac actually ok but very small serves, chips not great and very small serves - had to keep requesting more))
- Cheese dip (cold when should have been hot)
- Bean & Bean soup/gazpacho (extremely salty and no hint of bacon)
- Enchilada (doughy and stingy serving with only 1/2 enchilada pp)
- Poppers (actually quite nice but no heat in jalapeno)
- Prawns (actually ok, still no heat)
- Quesadilla (skimpy on filling)
- Soft tacos (tortillas were reasonable, pork filling was nice, the other meat (unidentified/possibly chicken) was not nice)
- Churros (sort of okayish, but cold)

Other issues:
- Waitress dropped a tray of wine glasses on us which broke everywhere and cut my friends arm
- It was very, very warm in the restaurant
- The restaurant seemed a little grubby, as did the toilets
- We had to ask several times for wine coolers/glasses/ice/water
- We did not feel we received $600 worth of food/service

Overall - disappointing and we would not return or recommend.

1  Thank its_hot_in_WA
Reviewed February 15, 2014

It is the first time I ever left a restaurant! With a set menu we left after an hour with nothing but a glass of water! People were left waiting at the counter (one a pregnant lady for over 20 mins) We sat listening to a depressing violin player and no staff after taking our order spoke to us in an hour, no explanation no offer of a drink menu...had been there before but after watching someone being told they didn't have a booking and left to one side, then being told they did and then getting served before us it was time to leave. The waitress said she would call and offer us a free meal but have heard nothing! frankly wouldn't even spend $5 there to get a free meal, thanks for ruining my Valentines!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Good service, awful food. Had the overpriced guacamole to start with, which was the only good thing about the entire meal. Followed by dry fish tacos which I couldn't finish as they were just awful. Still hungry made the mistake of ordering desert (churros), which were probably the worst I have ever eaten.
just over $100 for two of us (with only 2 lemonades on the bill) and was annoyed for giving them hard earned cash for just awful food.
Service was good, but that is nothing if you don't have good food.

1  Thank Perthgirl31
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This has got to be one of the most awful dinning experiences I have ever endured. The food as described by earlier reviewers was BLAND, tasteless, cold .....nothing Mexican here , absolutely nothing.... The prices on the menu, would certainly make Rockpool owners blush. The wait time , early evening, with only about 10% full for just 3 items was 40mins. I shudder to think how long it would be if it was really full. Lets start with the air-conditioning, it does not work, after a while you feel sticky and humid , onto the food , first some Fish tacos, small fish nuggets, a teaspoon of salsa.....minus sour cream although indicated on the menu with stale crumbly quesadillas .....yuck, next was some prawns mains for $39/= , the rice was ice cold and definitely not cooked, the refired beans lacked seasoning, taste.... and the prawns seem to have been added more as an afterthought, just boiled prawns in some insipid sauce. Drinks are BYO $4 per person, pepsi etc $4.50 each....Expecting genuine Mexican food here, is like hoping for an authentic Indian Meal at Miss Maud. I will praise a restaurant when praise is due, I respect how hard and competitive it must be for restaurant owners to compete, and I do fully understand the responsibility of honest reviews, but this little Mexican place is a disaster. Do not waste a dollar trying to prove me wrong and eating here.

1  Thank Carl R