“Favourite place for breakfast”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Years ago when the original TLMP first opened, I went for dinner and remember being a little disappointed by the food (I had high expectations, mind you), but once they opened the new restaurant closer to me in Victoria Park and I discovered their breakfast menu I was hooked. I'm not usually big on cooked breakfasts because frankly I find most of the traditional offerings pretty bland, which is where That Little Mexican Place really stands out to me. I have now worked my way through the entire breakfast menu (other than the Huevos rancheros, as I'm not into fried eggs) and there's nothing I'm not keen to have again. The food here is not cheap, but I'm more than happy to pay a little extra to have variety and flavours rather than grease. Mexican flavours work brilliantly with eggs in my opinion.
When I'm in the mood for somethng sweet for breakfast my first stop is the Pickled Fig for their Grizzly Bear Pancakes, but when it's savoury I'm after I head straight for TLMP. It's my favourite place in Perth for breakfast. Highly recommended, even for those who might have been a little underwhelmed by their dinner menu.

There are newer reviews for That Little Mexican Place

Reviewed January 6, 2013

this place has excellent service and i know it has had bad reviews about the serving sizes but they DO warn you before you order that the dishes are designed for sharing, like a tapas bar. If you prefer to enjoy your food rather than stuff your face then this is the place for yo u!

The crab pastrys were delicious!

Overpriced? yes the added extras like guacamole were extremely small for the price you pay which is the reason why I have given only 4 stars instead of 5.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Staff were fantastic, knew the menu well and were very very friendly. However, the food was only ok. Down the road is Pancho's... The food there is certainly in a different league to this place, however menus do differ massively. We had 2 mains and 2 starters, only the Jalepeno Poppers were good... Worth a try.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place looked great from the outside and was nicely set up however the food was very average. Staff were very attentive but none seemed to have worked longer than a week or two and were still all learning. Food was bland and lacking substance and very expensive for what we got! I was especially disappointed in the mole del dia dish as there was no flavour! No Chilli & definitely no spices! And not much to the dish either. We were left hungry and ripped off. Unfortunately for TLMP, there are many other Mexican restaurants in Perth that are a lot better. We won't be back!

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This is not your usual pile it high and smother it with processed cheese Mexican. Authentic cuisine prepared and served lovingly. Great stuff