“Great people Okay place”
Review of Hotel The Lotus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalka
Hotel The Lotus
Ranked #5 of 13 Kalka B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Before I tell you anything about the place I must admit that the people who are running this place are amazingly helpful.. They booked a taxi for me from Shimla to Manali and were always prompt to pick up my phone and help me during my 8 days in Himachal when they could have easily ignored to do so . Thank you Kumar Saurabh for being so helpful. The hotel is a small place with fine little rooms . There is not much problem with the place except for Steep Steps towards the room . This is surely a budget hotel but the Mr Saurabh you desrve to run a star property.

1  Thank HarishThakur

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I booked this hotel for my intermediate stay in Kalka while going to Shimla. They told me that its a budget hotel and not to expect much from it and town. Its a small hotel but the owner tries to go extra mile to please u ....apart from that its just a basic place with small rooms and steep staircase. One thing I didnt liked was a little confusion during the checkout process other then that its just fine.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A good one for money conscious people.Very near to the Railway Station Hotel has very steep steps towards the room but overall the people are warm and the room service is prompt. We stayed in Semi Deluxe rooms which were on 3rd floor phew a bit difficult to climb.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you are a non fussy traveller who is ok with a small nice, clean and no frills this place is good enough for your stay. Small town with nothing much to do. Visit the temple as its the only place to see in this town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had stayed with my family in this hotels while changing train for 4-5 hours,the hotel starirs are like climbing hills,the rooms are dirty and unhygenic,you cant stay more time in room as toilets are smelly,they claim to be budget hotel eventhough its better to stay at railway lodge than this hotel,total wate of money.

Room Tip: if you are wise enough to see the reviews never waste your money and energy staying in this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sandy8133
Reviewed March 1, 2013

From telephonic booking to check out, We got one of the best service. The budget hotel near Kalka station perfect for early morning trains. The person named Kumar Saurabh realy impress me. With in half an hour he give me feedback about our booking status. He recommend a restaurant to us which has one of the best quality food we ever had. I seriously recommend this hotel for Early morning trains.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had a stay in this hotel as I had an early morning train to catch to Shimla. The hotel is cosest to the Railway Station .The rooms are clean and affordable.I had taken a premier room for 850 Rs. and it had all the basic facilities. All in all a decent stay close to railway station.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family