“Brilliant tasty value meal”
Review of Peninsula Hampton

Peninsula Hampton
Ranked #49 of 71 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated on the main strip of Hampton, this spacious and classy eatery specialises in contemporary Asian cuisine, with a focus on Chinese delicacies. In fact, Peninsula Hampton is renowned for its buzzing Sunday yum cha sessions, where you'll find everything from spring rolls to dumplings to seafood sensations, and a whole lot more.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Lovely meal this evening. Best meal I have had out in six months ( best Dynasty in china town but a little more Exxy ) Byo wine but wines not too expensive $ 30 for reasonable white and 40 for decent Red. We shared seafood San choi bao, prawn and scollop dumplings and a some Peking duck . Magnificent. For main we shared a special " chilly prawns " with a sauce ? Sanchin? Delicious! Food just over $ 80 for two. Eight dollar+ corkage beers about 8 dollars. Great service. Well worth a visit. I would certainly recommend this place

1  Thank Paul T

Reviewed May 9, 2013

After a long stressful week we decided to splurge and get takeaway on the way home. A rare treat for us.Peninsula proved to be an excellent choice.We phoned ahead and ordered and it was ready when we arrived. We were not disappointed, excellent honey chicken, singapore noodles (done as I had asked with as little as possible oil) and for entree satay chicken skewers with the best satay sauce I've ever tasted. It isnt the cheapest chinese but we were more than happy. We would highly recommend it and we hope to try Yum Cha in the near future.

1  Thank amandas s
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My partner and I had lunch here yesterday (Monday), so it was very quiet, it was only us and 2 other tables. The service was very friendly and attentive The restaurant looked very clean, great menu, a lot to choose from, but not not to the point where it's confusing. we ordered Chicken/Sweet Corn Soup, Steamed Dims Sims, Fried Rice, Chilli Beef Szeuchan Style. All food was amazing, so delicious, I cant fault any of the dishes. I will Definitely be eating here again. Prices for main meals are more expensive than most Asian Restaurants I have been too.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Booked a table for 15 for Saturday Yum Cha. We were seated at a big round table in the front window facing the West, which, on a cold winters day in Melbourne was greatly appreciated.
The sun streaming in really lifted our spirits and added to the family gathering. We were seated with adults on the one table and children on a second table.
Ordering on a Saturday for yum cha is done via a sheet where you write in the number of dishes you require. A little different from the usual but so easy even my 7 year old was able to order his favorite dishes.
All the dishes were cooked to order and so arrived at the tables piping hot and in a traditional order of eating. Really good. It meant that we cold order more of the dish we had just had if we needed more. Which we invariably did throughout the meal.
The waiters inevitably tried to pour mismatched wines into our glasses in a bid to serve us but that is not uncommon in many BYO restaurants today. We simply told them that we would look after the wines. End of problem.
All 15 of us happily stuffed we decided to have the theatrical show of toffee apples Peninsula style.
If you have not had the experience, do so. It is worth the money just to watch two or three waiters swinging their doubled forks around to create the spun sugar that sits atop the toffee coated apple base. Really a lot of fun for the kids.
I picked up the bill which was a little north of $500. We did feed 15 people and we had been there at least 2 and a half hours and being a family get together we sort of splurged on the ordering. It is not super expensive and it is not as cheap as some that I have frequented but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. And let me tell you. The eating is just fine. Two thumbs up to the Peninsula team.

2  Thank Real W
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Had been to the Peninsula previously and had a great meal.... This time how ever was completely different. Obviously the restaurant must have changed hands.

Staff didn't care, duck dish was tiny, dry and stringy. Generally a really poor meal.

I always try to say something nice about a restaurant, however in this case the ice cream we had whilst walking home was the only nice part of the evening. I really hope they have improved, but we haven't been back to find out.