“Very tranquil and relaxing experience!”

Hostel Palafito Cucao
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Very tranquil and relaxing experience!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I traveled to Chiloe to get away from the hustle and bustle of big city living (Santiago) and to find myself. Well, I found this neat little hostal Palafito Cucao. Here is my honest and unbiased opinion:

First of all, when I entered the hostal it smelled of wood. Probably because it's a newer construction made of wood :) Anyways, I was not greeted right away at the reception area because they have minimal staff. It was not a problem for me. When I was greeted by Pancho he was more than eager and happy to help me. I was early, so I could not check in until the rooms were cleaned. Pancho gave me points of interest to visit and took my bags, so I did not have to carry them with me. Muchas gracias, Pancho! He was very nice and we talked a couple of times during my stay of 1 night and 1 day. And of course we talked in Spanish...I would have it no other way even though I'm only a advanced beginner in the Spanish language.

The hostal.....well it's new, so of course everything looked great! I hope it stays that way as time goes on! The rooms are basic, but have the essentials and are beautiful. There are no TVs, but sometimes we need time away from the TV. The have down comforters and covers made from sheep wool. Very nice looking and comfortable. except the sheep wool...scratch. scratch! LOL! Oh, I slept so good with no noise...very peaceful (no car alarms, dogs, cats, people talking to the early hours of the morning...yes you, Santiago!)

The deck overlooking the water is awesome, but lacks furniture. The amount of furniture was ok for my trip, but if the hostal is full I hope they have more hiding some place close. IIt was great to sit and drink a beer or sip a wine with the Parque Nacional de Chiloe in front of you!

Breakfast was your typical Chilean breakfast....bread, jams, juice, coffee or tea, palta, and fruits. The dining area, kitchen, and common living area were very nice and peaceful...except those darn kids. A palce like this should be child free to get the 100% tranquility. Sorry, but just being honest!

By the way, don't forget to walk up the street about 50 meters and eat at Parador Darwin's. Here is my blog link about this neat little restaurant (I hope the link works).

[--]

All in all, what an awesome place to stay! I only wish I had 2 or 3 more nights to enjoy the peace and tranquility! Highly recommendable!! Muchas gracias Hostal Palafito Cucao y yo espero verle otra vez!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Gringo66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cucao
Enjoy Chiloe Hotel de la Isla
#2 of 3 in Cucao
Hotel Palafito 1326
Hotel Palafito 1326
#1 of 29 in Castro

Been to Hostel Palafito Cucao? Share your experiences!