“Great place, can't wait to visit again!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Springdale
Indian River Brook B&B
Ranked #1 of 6 Springdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Warm welcome, very nice bedrooms, clean, decorated with the local touches, handcrafted conforters. Great homecooked breakfast, Doreen also entertained the guests with songs and Newfoundland culture. On the day we were there we just dropped by hoping for room after a while spent on T.C. Highway. For our next visit we will definitely plan our stay there. Great b&b to stop and visit. Nearby walking trails system along salmon fishing river.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Indian River Brook B&B is immaculately clean with modern ensuites in every room. It's just a few minutes from the Trans Canada Highway and near the towns of Springdale and Kings Point. Nearby there is a beautiful boardwalk, a stunning waterfall with trail to climb to the top, a beautiful pottery gallery and a lovely cafe with yummy cod cakes.

However, what truly makes the Indian River Brook B&B special is your host, Doreen. Doreen goes out of her way to make you feel like you are a welcome guest in her home. This the REAL Newfoundland. Forget all that touristy stuff and share a laugh or maybe even a song with Doreen who will show you the meaning of Newfoundland hospitality.

If you have a little time I highly recommend booking a cooking class with Doreen for an extra cost. She is a master of traditional Newfoundland home cooking and you won't be disappointed. If you don't have time then at least make arrangements to eat dinner at Doreen's for a small extra cost. Her meals are to die for and you won't find anything better in town (or in any other town!!).

I usually have a rule that I don't revisit the same place twice when I travel but I couldn't wait to return to this B&B on my way back to Deer Lake airport. Thanks Doreen for making me smile until my cheeks hurt.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank riureba
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Oh my! We had a fabulous stay! We were so welcomed and felt right at home. The lovely room, the conversation, the FOOD - wow! I even got a bread-making lesson thrown in! It's worth letting Doreen know ahead of time and plan to have at least one full dinner there as she makes the best Newfoundland food that I have ever had (don't tell my family!)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jena S
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My son and I stayed with John and Doreen when my son came to Springdale for a hockey tournament. We were immediately made to feel like family. We were welcomed and felt as if we were home. We had great breakfasts and Doreen even had soup made for my son and other players when they came home from playing hockey. A home away from home. Doreen and John are great hosts and advocates for the Springdale region!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DeeMarystown
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Even if Springdale is not on your list of places to stop, it is worth making the effort to stay at this B and B, for the flavour of Newfoundland. Doreen and John were wonderful hosts. Doreen cooked up a wonderful seafood dinner for us then joined us at the table. This was followed by a solo performance of local songs with her Ugly stick! In the morning we joined another couple for a delicious breakfast of pancakes, fruit and sausages....followed by a reading of a whale story by Doreen, complete with the local accent! Our room was large and the bed comfortable. Doreen and John very helpful with local places to visit.
There are few restaurants in Springdale and this B and B is not actually in the town, but Doreen's dinner, which can be ordered ahead of time is well worth the $25.00 per person.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NanaimoTragopogon
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We rate it and 11 out of 10. Great food, great company and excellent accommodations - large room with lovely ensuite. Doreen and John were so welcoming that we felt like we had known them for years. I would recommend this B&B highly to anybody. It was the best B&B we stayed in during our 12 day trip to Newfoundland. Doreen made us a delicious Jiggs dinner and after dinner had a "Kitchen Party" - we had lots of laughs. We enjoyed ourselves so much we will definately make a return trip someday and look forward to starying at Droeen and John's.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SuchanCalgary
Reviewed July 22, 2011

When we first arrived Doreen made us feel right at home our room was modern and the bed was very comfortable. John Doreen's husband took us on a tour of the waterfall where we watched some fisherman fish for salmon before dinner. Dinner service which is available for $25 p.p. was fantastic Doreen, from scratch cooked up a seafood feast which was amazing. Dessert was a hot partridge berry cobbler over ice cream with everything but the kitchen sink toppings it was awesome. After dinner we walked on the boardwalk and saw a whale in town by the bay. When we returned Doreen took out her "Cricket from Griquet" and belted out a few tunes. Breakfast was great we had blueberry pancakes with fruit, juice and coffee. We had a wonderful stay Doreen and John are gracious hosts and I can't say enough good things about staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Senior_V

Been to Indian River Brook B&B? Share your experiences!