“Amazing - the best wedding venue I could have dreamed of!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bringewood

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burrington
The Bringewood
MIlton Keynes
“Amazing - the best wedding venue I could have dreamed of!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

I held my wedding reception at the Bringewood on 5th September 2009 and all I can say is that it was a fantastic experience. The venue was beautiful, the staff were really friendly, the food was fantastic and Neil was the most helpful and patient manager than I could have hoped for. In the month running up to the wedding I probably e-mailed him at least 3 or 4 times every day! but the response I got back was always helpful and friendly.

We viewed about 10 potential venues in Shropshire, but fell in love with the Bringewood the first time we visited. It was the only one that ticked all of the boxes and more.

Anyone looking to get married in Shropshire should definitely consider it, the flexibility that we were given in terms of what we could do and timings were unmatched by any of the other potential venues.

Our invasion of the venue probably started on the Friday morning prior to the wedding and continued until early afternoon on the Sunday, with no complaints at all from the staff who did everything they could to help us.

The only downside being that I want to do it all over again.

We have already decided that we want to spend our first wedding anniversary at the Bringewood.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MIltonKeynesMrsB

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

this is a lovely hotel in a superb location and kind of worth the money just for where it is (3 miles from where my sat nav said!) the food is brilliant and it is quiet and restful. if i had a criticism it was with the room. it was a superior room with a fancy coffee maker (noisy and poor tea!). the room was too small to properly call superior, your average travelodge has bigger room and bigger tv, and too small for an easy chair, which if you're not a newlywed is a tad too small to read your book in! if i went again it would have to be a better room; this clouded my overall view of the hotel somewhat. otherwise....fab!

1 Thank roxyandrubyrat
NeilBGWD, Owner at The Bringewood, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
The Bringewood is located 1 mile from where sat nav stops( Tom Tom) as it is a private unnamed road but is signposted from 4 miles away.
The room the guest booked & stayed in was a deluxe room a small room with a kingsize bed and not a superior room as in review. All superior rooms have table & chair or sette, and are double in size, with a superking bed. The Tv is 19inch Lcd with PS2. The lounge has a 42 tv which guests are more than welcome to use.
The tassimo drinks machine uses Twinnings English Breakfast Tea & Kenco coffee.It is alittle noisy as percolates the each drink fresh in 20 seconds at the correct temperature according to the type of drink.
Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

I've just come back from a one night stay at this hotel. Wow, wow, wow is all I can say. We loved it so much that we're going back in the autumn for three nights. One night cannot do it justice.

It cost just £180.25 for me and my fiance for the night. That includes breakfast, three course evening meal and a number fo alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and coffees. The price of a three course meal is just £30.00 - the cooking is sumptuous. I am smacking my lips just at the rememberance of the beef sirloin that melted like butter in my mouth.

The rooms are lovely - tastefully furnished, and more than spacious enough. But it's the views that really sells this place. This may sound silly to you, but I had no idea that there were places left in England that provided such seclusion. It's set on a hillside overlooking a valley...I can't really describe it because I don't want to. You've got to go and see it for yourself.

The communal dining area and bar are modern yet homely, and the lounge is a fantastic place to enjoy a coffee and stare at the scenery - they provide binoculars and a telescope!!!

I would recommend that you call the hotel before you go and ask them for the best route. We went armed with a woefully inadequate atlas, and duly got lost. With the aid of a map purchased in Ludlow we found it eventually. Call them beforehand and get the best route. Believe me, the journey is worth it. You have to go - NOW!!!!

1 Thank Slimcea77
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

My friend booked me into The Bringewood along with some other friends as we were all guests at her wedding nearby so I didn't know anything about it beforehand. For the price I was expecting a fairly basic B&B or somekind of Travelodge type hotel!!! I was very, very pleasantly suprised indeed, The Bringewood is a lovely hotel in a great spot, if you want bars and restaurants that you can walk to of an evening then its definitely not for you but if you want great food, nice wine and an extremely relaxing atmosphere then you won't be disapointed. I stayed for 2 nights and we ate in on the first night, the food is great value in my opinion (26GBP for 2 courses) you'd be hard pushed to find such quality for the price elsewhere.

Our room was a little on the small side but none the less very tastefully decorated with some nice touches such as a playstation and a Tassimo coffee machine instead of the standard nasty plastic kettle!. There are of course larger rooms available but they just cost a little more - anyway the rest of the hotel is so relaxing you don't need to stay in your room.

On the whole I thought the Bringewood to be great quality and a good price - get booked up!! I will be telling all my friends.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vickyj21
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

My wife and I have just returned today from a 3 night stay in the Bringewood Hotel and all we can say is WOW!!!!.
You must simply go and stay there and you will not be disappointed. The hosts (2 brothers) Neil and Steve made us feel very welcome and at total ease with the place.The room we stayed in was called the Hayloft which had a door that opened out onto the main patio area and those breathtaking views were incredible. Now we come to the food. At £30 for a 3 course meal, some people may think it a little expensive but we will challenge anyone to find better food for that price anywhere in the UK, we eat out a lot and have rarely tasted food of this quality for the price. Exceptional is the only word I can use.
Part of the Bringewood's charm is in its location and in trying to find it. Our sat nav took us to within a mile of the hotel down narrow country lanes. The fun bit was driving the rest of the way to the hotel. You eventually pickup a sign for the hotel which appears to lead you nowhere then suddenly ahead of you on the hill you see these buildings in the distance. As you arrive you are greeted by this beautiful barn conversion, open fields with sheep, pheasants, and any other wildlife you may see. The rest you will have to discover, and you will not be dissappointed.

NeilBGWD, Owner at The Bringewood, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
The guest had a free upgrade to a superior room. The hayloft does not have patio doors, but a superior room does.
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

The Bringewood is set off the "beaten track" but the drive up a mile long drive reveals one of the best views I have seen in the UK.

Peaceful, quiet, realxingand a pleaseure to stroll through the fields and enjoy the terrace with a glass of wine

My partner & I enjoyed a long afternoon at The bringewood unwinding from stressful city life. We then enjoyed a stunning meal & quality wine. Then chatting to the owners in the evening was interesting and good fun. Its amazing how the personal touch makes your stay that little better

The following day a short 10 minute trip to ludlow we enjoyed the old market town, the church, castle etc. Local to the bringewood are many activities.

Yet again we had a fantastic meal the lamb & seabass were very very good, and compliments to the chef

If you want a place away from the town or city and go at a pace you want this would be my choice. I have already booked my next stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed at the Bringewood in June for just one night as a 'get away from it all' break, and it was really lovely, the hotel itself is beautiful, a converted barn and very lovingly done, the staff were polite and friendly, not intrusive but just right, the room itself was great, tastefully decorated, gorgeous toiletries in the bathroom, lots of nice little touches, we had dinner at The Bringewood and this is where it really shone, the food was outstanding, we have eaten in Michellin starred Restaurants (not often, I must add!!) and I can honestly say that the food at The Bringewood was one of the best meals either of us has ever eaten, the portions are not huge but nor should they be because the quality of ingredients shine out from the plate...........Breakfast was of equally high standard, not sure I really wanted the huge TV screen looking at me over breakfast but sure that must be to some peoples tastes, all in all I really hope The Bringewood does really well as I feel that they really deserve to do so, a lovely place in a gorgeous setting with fabulous food, what more do you want.
If I had to mention one thing it would be, please show people like me how to use the very trendy coffee machine when showing people to the room or some may go very thirsty!
Thank you Bringewood for a lovely stay, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burrington
Fishmore Hall
#7 of 8 in Ludlow
The Townhouse Ludlow
The Townhouse Ludlow
#7 of 48 in Ludlow

Been to The Bringewood? Share your experiences!