“Stunning Baillies Manor!!”
Review of Baillies Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Potchefstroom
Baillies Manor
Ranked #15 of 41 Potchefstroom B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Baillies Manor is a beautiful guesthouse with excellent, warm hosts. After attending a strenuous day at the university it was a pleasure to go back to the friendly hosts and comfortable room at the guesthouse.

The food was out of this world and the location, although slightly difficult to find, was beautiful.

Definitely would love to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Leticia J

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at Baillies Manor for a week while on a ISO 14001 course. The accommodation was great, and i will recommend it to anyone. The hospitality and kindness of the family made my stay worthwhile. The food was delicious, the rooms was up to standard. When i visit Potch again for courses i will definitely stay there again! Thanks for everything you guys!

Room Tip: Room 2 was great
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Christine W
Reviewed April 10, 2014

A wonderful place to stay if you are looking for something different.
A beautiful garden where you can choose between the shaddow of the trees to read à book or the sun near the swimming pool!
The cooking is very fine, Susan, JJ and family are very sympatic and they are doing the best for their customers.
You definitely have to try and enjoy it!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Laurent M
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Big rooms, nice garden, excellent food, the place to be in South Africa !!
And the very sympatic Strydom family.
Potchefstroom is a small and calm city not far from the pilanesberg park and Sun City attractions.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Quite often we (humans) complain when we receive subpar service; and it is also common that when we get good service we take it for granted and assume it is our right to receive it. I was impressed with the hospitality at this guesthouse for my stay. You made my stay more comfortable, even with my ridiculous times for the meals. I was blown away by the extra mile you go to make your guests feel welcome as well as making their lives easy to accomplish their business/ assignments whilst staying at your guesthouse. I will certainly recommend your business to my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tee M
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at Baillies for a few days while attending an event at the university. The venue is clean well kept and the garden well lansdcaped on first impression. They placed me in the Room 4, right next to the dining room. When I arrived the room had all lights burning, TV on and aircon on, which doesnt go far in terms of sustainability. The room secondly is next to the man building and dining hall/kitchen which means that you can hear every word spoken in the house at night, and there seems to be a lady that likes taking loud all the time, which is disturbing. The bathroom does not have towel rails, toilet paper holder and it doen not have a window (the extractor only works from time to time) so the room is not very pleasant. The breakfast is well prepared to your liking and well laid out. I would recommend Baillies should you wish to stay in Potch but avoid Room 4.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 4 as it is adjacent to the house and noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This felt like home away from home, the hospitality, kindness and the assistance of the family; tthey made my stay worthwhile. I enjoyed my six day stay there even though I was not there for a vacation and I was there for school. The best guest house I have been to in the Potch area I loved the location as well it was relaxing especially after the information overload during the day because of school of cos the fire place thats where i used to relax before dinner. The breakfast and supper was cooked with love, you could feel them as you ate, I enjoyed all the meals. The room was nice, well maintained, cleaned daily and I am definetly coming back next year when I come back for my other courses at NWU CEM.

Room Tip: Well I prefer room 4 it is big
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business