“Excellent value airport base”

Connect Hotel Arlanda
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Not on the airport site itself, but very close and there is a shuttle-bus service. It's a basic, no-frills operation but none the worse for that! My queen-bed room was small but perfectly adequate, spotlessly clean and pleasantly decorated. Shower room was the same - although I found the shower pressure slightly lacking.
I has a surprisingly good meal there in the evening - tasty and well-cooked. That's important because there's really nothing at all within walking distance except a commercial centre with fast-food outlets about ten minutes away.
Breakfast was self-service and very basic, but included in the price and acceptable.
Parking overnight was free (amazing at an airport hotel!) but the wifi is not.
Overall: a bit basic for a longer stay, but perfect for an overnight stop and very good VFM in an otherwise expensive location.

Room Tip: I don't think there would be much to choose between them.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for my Mother and I as it was close to Arlanda airport and had complimentary transfers. The twin room I booked was located on the ground floor and was colder than anywhere I have stayed in Sweden. Our room was clean as was the ensuite bathroom. The dinner menu offered was unusual and lacked Scandinavian options, however if you like fish and chips and hamburgers you’ll be pleased with finding those items on the menu. The dining and reception areas were quite cold, infact we had dinner with our coats on! Breakfast was good, there were a lot of breads, hams and cheeses available and good coffee. I would recommend this hotel to those needing to be close to Arlanda, however believe hotel is slightly overpriced for what it offers. Wifi is available but surprisingly you need to pay for it. Staff spoke English which was a relief as my Swedish is very rusty!

Room Tip: I would suggest a first floor room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trish1973
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you need a cheap hotel next to Stockholm Arlanda airport this is a good bet. The rooms are very small but clean and the food at the hotel is acceptable, there is also a free shuttle service to the airport. It is the staff at the hotel that make the stay pleasant, they are always smiling and helpful.
The downside, the walls are paper thin and when someone has a bad cough in the room above you for example it sounds like they are in the same room. When this happens at 03:45 it does mean a disturbed nights sleep. My stay was in room 24 which is fairly close to the reception which is also the breakfast area, breakfast starts around 04:00 so the noise of preparation was also evident. Perhaps another room in a different area of the hotel would have been better.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms away from the reception area would be better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Hotel is exactly what we expected of a airport hotel. We caught the free bus from the airport to the hotel, our flight came in late so we didn't arrive at reception until midnight, but the staff on duty were still friendly and happy to help we didn't feel like an inconvenience at all. The room was really small, we didn't mind as we were only sleeping there and heading out on another flight the next day. Breakfast was nice just cereal, bread, cheese and meats but it was filling and good quality. All in all we would return if we were to stop over again but the room wasn't big enough for long term stays.

Room Tip: Note: we booked the medium size room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights 18-20 Dec 2012. The description of the hotel was not quite what I expected. The room although small was ok for myself and was very clean. The staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. Unfortunately the hotel did not do lunches, and with the weather being quite bad there was no where to walk for food, and I did not fancy driving with all the snow fall. I was not able to contact the hotel on my arrival so had to pay nearly £30.00 for a five minute taxi drive, I did get taken back to the airport for free. Stockholm is by far the most expensive city I have visited, the airport was also very expensive compared to UK prices. I am glad I visited, and if I should visit again I would stay at the hotel, but would not visit again in the winter as It was isolated, and would have cost a fortune to travel into the city.

Room Tip: Take some crisps and biscuits as the hotel does not do food at lunch time.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was taken aback by the excellent service at this hotel I must say!.I stayed overnight having arrived in the early hours; soon as I arrived it only needed a quick phone call to be picked up and taken to the hotel at a cost which I was aware of.Have to mention that even my previous emails were acknowledged, moreover, the receptionist on night duty was v professional .The bedroom itself -albeit the bed being a single-was in tip top condition and loved the minimalist decoration. Breakfast was also included, hence considering the price I paid the hotel delivered what it promised.Well done! Minus points WiFi expensive to use and only 1 towel was provided

Room Tip: don't have a clue!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Painful!.There was no way to contact the hotel from the airport unless you had their phone number.When we( 2 adults) finally arrived at the "hotel', we opened the door to our room, and did not think that we and our bags could fit!There was 3 inches between the bed and the wall. 4 channels on the tv. No A/C- open the window and hope it is cool outside. Of course you will then hear any and all traffic.The bathroom had 2 medium size towels. No washcloths, no bathmat.We had just left a cruise in Stockholm.When I took a shower in the semicircular glass stall, my wife alerted me that water was flooding the bathroom floor because it was running under the glass door, and the shower floor is the same level as the rest of the bathroom. We used our tour map of Stockholm as a bath mat.They made a big deal because we bought some food at the local version of Walmart and wanted to eat it in the lobby.No way this location gets 3 stars, unless you are a lone traveler wanting a budget room with minimal amenities.And you pray your neighbor isn't noisy.

Room Tip: find another airport hotel to stay at
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family