“Very pleasant and convenient”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Very pleasant and convenient”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had to catch an early flight and I decided to stay at the airport, what I do not normally do because of the noise and busy experience. But the alternative of taxing a taxi at 3:30 am swayed me this time.

Very pleasant check in people, nice rooms (a bit on the small side), a good exercise room with sauna and steam bath. I had a very pleasant stay and was relaxed for my flight the next morning.

I also had dinner in their restaurant in the 6th floor. Reasonably priced, tasty and pleasant service.

I will go back

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ClarionHotelArlanda, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Brozas,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We would love to see you back here with us soon again.

Clarion Hotel Arlanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located adjoining Sky City at Arlanda Airport, Stockholm. It is located between Terminals 4 and 5. The front desk staff is very efficient and pleasant. The breakfast is expansive and while the room seems industrial, the selection and variety is extensive. The rooms are nice overall, but the showers could use an actual door or something to prevent water from spattering into the whole bathroom. The room I had faced west and in the afternoon/late evening sun had trouble staying at a comfortable temperature. The rate for the room is my main complaint as it is quite steep, even for Scandinavia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear TR45,

Thank you for taking the time to provide TripAdvisor with a review and provide the rest of the readers with your feed back. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us even though you found the price rather high. Perhaps you were visting us during a busy day as our prices continuesly changes according to the demand. I can recommend you to always have a look on our website to ensure the cheapast rates.

We would love to see you here soon again and we welcome you back to us.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 14, 2013

That Hotel is a real 4 Star Standard and we did liked our two Nights there pretty much. Top friendly Service at the Reception and at the Breakfast Service. The employess did speak good english and was very customerfriendly. Interiour was nice decorated and we felt very cosy there. We can recommend this Hotel and it is located very centrally at the Airport

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fasttravelmouse,

Thank you kindly for your review. We really hope to see you back with us some time soon.

Avalon
Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was the last night of a 2-week-holiday through Scandinavia, because of time issue we decided to stay at Arlanda Airport. We chose Clarion because we stayed at a Clarion in Jönköping and really liked it there. Unfortunately the experience in Arlanda was disappointing. We booked a Standard Double (instead of a Standard 2 Single beds) room but still got two single beds. The screws on the doorknob to the bathroom were loose, the dark chocolate from the MiniBar was spoiled and the windows couldn't be opened, not even tilted (rough times in a Non-Smoking-Hotel). At least the breakfast was quite good.
To sum it all up, it didn't feel like a "First Class Hotel" (as quoted on their website).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Urban,

Thank you kindly for your review and for sharing your experience. I apologize for not achieving your expectations while you were staying with us. The things you mention are things that should not be in that way and I want to ensure you that your expeience is not a common thing. We have a possibilty to improve in all the aspects apart from the window comment. Our house is completely covered in glass for several reasons. Air fuel is one of them, noise protection is another. Our ventialtion system is ensuring fresh air and should provide a great experience. As we are a non smoking hotel we advice smokers to use our terrace.

However, I would like to get in contact with you and to hear more about the details in regards to your feed back. If you want to you are more than welcome to contact me directly at your convenience.

Mob: +46 70 145 69 94 | patrik.uppman@choice.se
Tornvägen 2 | Box 89 | SE- 190 45 Stockholm-Arlanda | www.clarionarlanda.se
Kitchen & Table www.kitchenandtable.se/arlanda

 please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Together with some Friends, we have been there for 2 Nights at this Clarion Hotel near Arlanda airport. Friendly welcomed at Check In and the Staff was friendly to the Guests. We have to say, that there was all very clean and comfortable. Especially it was good at the Breakfast - great!!! We also have been two Times in the Restaurant and it was good and a friendly Service there!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ClarionHotelArlanda, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Rio&Beach

Thank you so much for your comments and your review here on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear about your positive experience with us. Welcome back soon again

Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wonderful location right in the terminal, easy check-in, modern room, great early breakfast from 4:00 am. When I entered my room there was make up on the bathroom floor. Within minutes they changed my room and gave me a voucher for their restaurant for my inconvenience. by the way I had the best salad of my two week trip in Europe.in their restaurant. Great hotel. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Gramcookie,

Thank you for your words here on TripAdvisor and once again apologies for the inconvenience with the first room. I am happy to hear that it all got solved efficiently and professionally. Your experience with us i highly important. Happy also that you enjoyed your salad. We hope to see you soon again.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For the early morning flight the next day, Clarion seemed like a great choice. My check-in was interrupted three times by incoming calls, and the friendly but single staffer had to juggle it all. Maybe that is why my request for a 5 AM wake up call was not noted.

I wanted to go to the gym before eating dinner, but the safe was left locked by a previous guest. "No problem" said the receptionist. Thirty minutes later I placed a second call. The receptionist apologized, and arrived in about ten minutes this time. The gym was excellent.

Breakfast is served helpfully from 5 AM and the buffet was good quality. However, it was served in a soulless hangar-type of location--perhaps a provisional arrangement?

Room Tip: If you want a view of the airport rather than the parking lots, you need a room on the right side an...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ClarionHotelArlanda, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Jan,

Thank you kindly for your review and comments here on TripAdvisor. I am really sorry to hear about your negative service experience and the mistakes that seem to have reflected your stay in a negative way. I can ensure you that your experience with us was a one time thing and that our ambition is to deliver excellent service in every thing we do. It is definately not ok to miss out on a wake up call and we are fully aware how important this is. I will notify the front desk staff as a reminder of its importancy and speak to them about your experience.

I would love to get in contact with you further and hear more about the details. If you want to, you are more than welcome to contact me personally. Next time you are staying with us I want to ensure your guest satisfaction.

Looking forward to hear from you

Mob: +46 70 145 69 94 | patrik.uppman@choice.se