“Excellent place”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very new, modern and nice hotel, located directly inside the airport (excellent for early morning flights). Staff were very friendly and helpful and check in was very quick and efficient. The room was quite large, perfectly sound proof, well equipped, and the wifi free connection was working very smoothly and quickly. Breakfast was very impressive: the breakfast hall is very big, with an impressive buffet selection, with a very high quality. Additionally to the restaurant located on the top floor, simply walking 100 mt from the hotel entrance in the airport terminal, there is a variety of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ClarionHotelArlanda, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Brambis

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your perception of our hotel.

I want to welcome you back to us.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

As per title :) I really was blown away by the standard in service, value for money and general amenities at the hotel. Having recently stayed at the Radisson I decided to try a different hotel and wow am I happy I did!
Rooms are lovely, modern and spacious with all the mod cons. Staff were very helpful. The hotel is aesthetically beautiful and best of all, I pretty much had the best hotel breakfast I've had in my life!
The breakfast hall is huge, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I've never seen such a vast selection of fresh, organic breakfast produce ever. Left extremely happy that morning after an already good nights sleep =)

Will definitely be staying at this hotel for my future trips to Sweden.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Natalia for you kind words and sharing here on TripAdvisor.

We are really looking forward to treat you with some more breakfast some time soon again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This property is only 6 months old so everything feels nice and new.

Pros:
* You can walk off your flight, through security, and then 10 minutes walk through the airport to get to the hotel.
* You can walk indoors from the hotel to get to a variety of restaurants and bars.
* Staff are very friendly and helpful.
* Breakfast was tasty, served in a big airy restaurant.
* Room was quiet.
* Bathroom good-sized and clean.
* Meeting facility (Beijing Central conference room and the Restaurant Runway for lunch) was well-run, convenient, and pleasant.

Cons:
* I was unable to control the temperature in my room. There was a thermostat but adjusting it didn't make a difference.
* I was unable to open my windows. It looked like some kind of screwdriver or something was required to open it?
* The shower had a half-wall between it and the toilet. Water from the shower flooded the rest of the bathroom floor. Lovely to step in with your stocking feet.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear FrequentT

Thank you for your pros and cons list. It is a great thing to do and get your message through to other curious readers.

I thank you for your pros and I thank you for your cons. Let me just take a minute to explain the reasoning behind. your first point is the air conditioner.
- Clarion Arlanda does not have an air conditioning system, however it is a well developed fan system, circulating air on a constant basis. If you do adjust the temperature in the room which is possible it take up to two hours for it to adjust accordingly. You will therefore not hear or notice a change right away.

- The reason for having the windows closed is explained as followed. One of the reasons are air craft engine fuel. The smell of fuel is not very pleasant. The second reason is for the noise. The entire building is well isolated with glass, so even if you could open the window the outer layer of glass will stop you from getting any breeze in to your room.

- The shower door. No reasoning, more design. But my personal experience is that the existing wall covered most areas of the toilet and the heated floor dried the water fairly quick.

However, it is always individual taste which matters and I take your comments with me for future references. So thank you once more

Very welcome back to Clarion Arlanda

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here in April for a company meeting. It's great to walk inside from the terminal building and straight into the hotel via the Sky City shopping area.
Very friendly and efficient reception staff makes the check in easy!

The rooms are average Scandinavian size but you have everything you expect from a modern hotel room. Free wireless internet throughout the hotel at good speed.

The restaurant Kitchen & Table on the Top Floor is also worth mentioning. Very good food, and drinks at the bar and great view overlooking the airport.

The included breakfast on the ground floor has a large selection and a chef making your choice of omelets.

We had a meeting room on the Top Floor Conference overlooking the airport. Well equipped meeting room and a nice coffee break buffet outside the meeting room with a lot of selections.

I recommend this hotel if you have a short visit in Stockholm between flights or for a conference meeting.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Lars for your kind words. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Next time I recommend you to try our gym and outside pool.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Located with a walk way from Sky City between the terminals 4 and 5, it is ideally located at Arlanda. A friendly and efficient staff helped us at check-in and check-out. The room was clean, not very large, we had a “dog room”. This was typically a room for one nights stay, a stay between two flights. As in so many modern hotels the wardrobes are not designed to harbour any hanging garments, as some one has put in a shelf in the wardrobe. The windows can not be opened. The bath room of modern design, but there design obviously was more important than function, no door to close around the shower, wetting the whole floor. There was no amenities in the room except for shower soap, which was of a kind that really dries the skin. This is interesting as probable of people staying would be persons in-between flights, so it would be very helpful with a good assortment of a amenities to make the stop over easy.
On the 12th floor a restaurant and bar is located, with a splendid view over the airport.
We left very early in the morning, short after four o’clock so the breakfast was not open. In the lobby the hotel served a nice miniature breakfast, with coffee and tea, bund, cheese and yogurt among the best early birds breakfasts I have experienced.
This is very good hotel to use “between” flights, a very nice alternative to the Radison Sky City Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MolSWE

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed it even though we didn't fulfil all your criteria. I cannot give comments regarding the product you have used the time you were visiting us, but I can inform you that amenities used at Clarion Arlanda have carefully been selected. It is a high branded organic product, free from palm oil, which in one of the reasons for the devastation of the rain forest. These products are always included in a superior room and can be asked for at the front desk in case you would be staying in a standard room. Please feel free to ask next time you are staying with us and you have not received any.

Apart from that you seem to have enjoyed your stay, so I want to take the opportunity to welcome you back to us some time soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Clarion Hotel Arlanda has introduced to the Arlanda area a product of very high quality and actually very good value. It is no small hotel, which becomes apparent on the rather long walk to the breakfast room (hall is probably a better noun for it), but the check-in area is nice and homy with a fireplace and a nice sitting area. The hotel is easily accessible via the SkyBridge which connects the hotel complex to the airport terminals.
The rooms are somewhat small though, and not much differs between the standard room and the slightly more expensive "superior" room. Beds are very nice with a nice selection of pillows. Rooms are quiet and isolated from both the exterior and the neighbouring rooms. Rooms facing the apron have multiple layers of isolating glass, you will not hear a sound of landing or departing aircraft but you have an excellent view of them which you can enjoy further with the binoculars which are present in the room. The curvature of the building ensures you will always have a view of landing or departing airplanes.
The restaurant on the 12:th floor is excellent with a good range of dishes in style and quality and a nice beverage selection as well. Staff is friendly and welcoming and service is quick.
Breakfast buffet has all that you could wish for in what food is available. The buffet room though lacks somewhat in atmosphere though - the room is probably sized to hold 4-500 people. This is probably the only downside of my experience.
The outdoor swimming pool remained to be opened at my stay but it is situated nicely with plenty of outdoor seating and a sundeck.

In short: staying over night at an airport is seldom something you volunteer to do but with the product on offer at Clarion, I'd gladly make it a habit of arrving at ARN the night before an early flight.

Prices are very competitive when compared to the area. I've payed more when staying at the Ibis situated at the long-stay car park!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Mr Starbuck, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to share your experience with us and the rest of the world. It means a lot to us and to our future guests.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stays (it seems as if you have stayed more than once) and that you see yourself returning for future Arlanda visits.

I would just like to take one moment to explain the difference between a standard room and a superior room. In fact it is a difference. When it comes to the standards of the rooms it doesn't vary much. However, in the Superior room you get great quality organice amenities, the mentioned binocular, as well a much greater view over the airport. In addition you also have as a superior guest free access to our outdoor pool. For standard rooms there will be an additional 150 sek per person to enter the pool area. I hope that this clarifies the difference in price?
If not, please contact me in person and I will explain it further.

Thank you once more for staying with us. I take note of your comment regarding the breakfast hall and I will look in to it. It might not have changed until next time, but bare with us.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed there for business reasons and was really very pleased with the excellent quality. The whole hotel is rather new, it offers good meeting facilities and free wifi. The rooms are nice just a little small and I could not really leave my suitcase open anywhere. Nice view on the airport but no noise from there. Very good noise reduction windows and comfortable beds. Good fitness area and heated outside pool. You have to ask at the reception because info in the rooms is not very detailed. I would certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear La Tedesca di Roma

Thank you for sharing your comments of our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed it and that you would like to return to us. I have taken note of the things you have said and will try to improve for next time.
Regarding your wish to leave your bag open I must tell you that inside the closet you will find a bag stool for that specific reason and inside the welcome binder you will find most relevant information needed. However the information is in the process of being updated as the pool recently have been added to our services and was not included in our first print outs.

Very welcome back to us for an even better hotel experience.