“Great value and location...excellent breakfast!”

Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for one night and took a day trip into Stockholm before flying out again from Arlanda. The Clarion ended up being an excellent choice as it allowed me to get to a bed very quickly following a full day of travel from the USA (even with a lie-flat seat in British Airways first class, the time change and humidity differences still made me feel exhausted). After deplaning, you don't have to fuss with ground transportation, wait for a courtesy shuttle, or even leave the warmth of the terminal building.

-- Room --
Among Arlanda hotels, the Clarion was moderately priced and provided an excellent room that was spacious, pleasantly furnished, and most importantly, immaculately clean! Think modern minimalist...or better yet, just go to your nearest Ikea...to get a sense of the prevailing design aesthetic. Water pressure was fine and, truly, the bathroom was spotless. As an added bonus, the rooms offer great views onto the airport ramps and runways, so anyone who is an aviation enthusiast will get a kick out of staying here...my room even came with a set of binoculars. Air traffic noise was not a factor.

-- Internet and breakfast --
WiFi internet was free and fast, and the breakfast buffet (which was included with the reservation) was EXCELLENT! The selection was extensive and food very fresh (including made-to-order omelette bar). The quality of offerings really rivaled what I've seen at 4- or 5-star resorts.

-- Convenience --
Being at Arlanda means the airport is well-connected to public transportation. It took 20mins on the Arlanda Express train (which looks like the Eurostar with a squished nose) to get to the city center. There are also commuter trains and coaches that take longer to reach the city center but are less expensive. Since I only stayed overnight in Stockholm, it was convenient for me to check out in the morning, leave my bags with the hotel, hop to the train station right under SkyCity, and go into the city for a day trip before returning via the same route, collecting my bags, and checking straight in for my flight. If you plan to stay longer in Stockholm, getting closer to the city would probably be worthwhile, but for a short day trip, I think the Clarion provides a perfect home base.

Room Tip: You get views of the airport from either side of the building; one side faces the ramp, the other to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
ClarionHotelArlanda, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear MD2Be,

Thank you for your review and positive rating of our hotel. My name is Patrik Uppman and I am working as the Guest Relations Manager. I am very pleased to hear about the convenient experience and the positive picture you spread to TripAdvisor readers. We at Clarion Arlanda really want to provide effeciency, high class service, great products as well as great value for time and money. The way you describe our services really goes along the line with what we want to offer.

In addition to you experience we also offer a great variety of conference possibilties. The hotel is therefore an attractive destination as well as we can host meetings from 2 to 900 people in various situations. Next time you want to host an event, organize a congress or have your annual christmas party, keep us in mind. Being close to the airport brings flexibility, saves time and is hihgly appreciated by global organizations.

Welcome back to us wether it is for personal, business or leisure reasons.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We got a great deal in stopping over from the Canary islands travelling back to Finland. We paid 135 euros for a room with an extra bed including breakfast for 4 persons. This is very reasonable. I had great expectations coming to the Clarion hotel as I have stayed at a few of their hotels in Copenhagen and both the Clarion Sign and Ringvägen in Stockholm. The hotel is new and clean but what I did not like was the bed nor the pillows, very lumpy pillows and made out of foam. Also, the bed was way too soft. Call me a snob but I just compare to their other hotels in Stockholm and it is indeed better. The breakfast is nice though, spacious breakfast area and a lot to choose from. Maybe it should have been good, but that was not an option. The pillows and lack of sleep quality took it down from good to average.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joachim,

Thank you for your feed back. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. However I have also taken note of your comments regarding our bed and pillows. I understand that you are a frequent traveler and naturally have high expectations on your selection of a hotel. We at Clarion Hotel Arlanda have carefully chosen products that are both following an environmental approach, yet bring great quality and comfort to our guests. The beds are branded by Hilding and the pillows are our own brand. Both products are highly appreciated and commented on in our guest survey.Nevertheless, it is hard to ensure satisfaction for everyone. Therefore, we also offer alternative pillows. I therefore encourage you to ask about our varieties next time you will be staying with us.

Unfortunately I do not have any other brands in regards to the bed. However, I believe that there could be a difference between queen size and standard size beds. Perhaps you could try the other alternatives next time? Just raise the request while making yoru reservation.

We want to ensure your guest satisfaction when staying with us.

Once more, thank you. Yours sincerely

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed there for 1 nite only and it was great - the stuff is very friendly&professional, the room is beautifully furnished, the breakfast buffet is rich and delicious. You can't beat that location, there is no better choice for overnite stay at Arlanda. Great experience, will definitely stay there again!

Dear Gohi,

Thank you so much for your comment on our services. I am really happy to hear that your experience of our hotel was great.

I want to wish you very welcome back to us soon again.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just stayed for one night between flights. Great reception, friendly staff, quick check in. A great room, absolutely quiet although just a few hundred meters from the airstrip.
Hotel is new so it was indeed fresh in all aspects. A great bed, nice bathroom, large TV, in all a good atmosphere.
Didn't try the breakfast but by rumor it is said to be great.

Compared with the other airport hotels that you can find nearby or even in the same terminal, this is by far the best choice. And, with a competitive price.
Happy to return next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ClarionHotelArlanda, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Pevast,

Thank you kindly for your lovely review of our establishment. We are very proud of our product and it is great to hear that you appreciated the convenience of our location, services and amenities while you were visiting Stockholm-Arlanda.
It is a pity that you missed out on our breakfast, however we hope that you next time will be able to enjoy it as it really provides you with a great start of the day. It is a great breakfast buffet with swedish and international standard foods. we have omelett on request, a variety of fresh juices and breads, hot and cold alternatives as well a section simply focused on special dietry needs. Much of the food is organic and follow strict environmental regulations according to ISO 14001.
So don miss out this next you are visiting us or Arlanda Airport. You could simply arrange a breakfast meeting even if you are not staying at the hotel.

Very welcome back to us, we really hope to see you soon again. If you are a frequent traveler to Arlanda, it could also be interesting for you to look in to individual or a company agreement.
If this would be of any interest, contact me directly and I will assist you to find the best suited product for you and your colleagues.

ours sincerely
patrik.uppman@choice.se

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a modern hotel right in the heart of Sky City (Terminal 5). Easily reachable from the other terminals and well signed. The staff were efficient but friendly and everything written about this hotel on trip advisor is true. Lovely soft bed, very clean rooms and beautifully furnished.
There is a mini bar in the wardrobe and the room service was fast.
The breakfast room was huge with a great choice of food.
Compared to other hotels close by this was GREAT VALUE for money.
I really felt good when I left and they asked for feedback and areas they could improve.
To be honest it was hard to find something negative to write about.

Dear Silverfox54_12

Thank you kindly for your review and your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are truly grateful for your positivity and you choosing to stay with us when visiting Stockholm-Arlanda.

We are a failry new opened hotel and do our very best to provide all our guests with fantastic service and experiences. I am therefore very happy to hear that you have noticed our effort and in addition to that informed the rest of the online TripAdvisor community.

I hope that we will be able to have you with us soon again and many times more. Next time you will be here I could recommend our restaurant Kitchen & Table on the 12th floor. It is a spectacular restaurant with great foods, wines and with a stunning view.

Welcome back to us soon again

Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Great location, just walk the skybridge from Arlanda Airtport
Great for business, nice convention center, quinte and full feature.

If you have late flight, strange flight connection or lost baggage (sigh!) this si tour hotel

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Monlor,

Thank you very much for your feedback and review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Just as you describe, Clarion Arlanda is a convenient product with easy access to all terminals. You don´t even have to walk outside but rather strouse along the shops and restaruant before reaching the Front Desk.
We also offer services for various segments, such as individual, groups, business, or leisure. Our 414 rooms are well equipped and up to the latest standards. They have a very modern touch and a stylish simplicity offering all you need when traveling or working nationally or abroad. We also have 44 conference venues and large F&B outlest to accomodate all needs. Our main restaurant "Kitchen and Table" hosted by Marcus Samuelsson is a key attractor and a popular product among our guests.

Our services suits both the international and national guests and emphasize on music, art, environmental friendly products and great personal services.

We truly hope that you will return for additional visits and that you get a chance to learn more about our product. We would love to take care of you several times more.

Have a lovely weekend

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hotel within the airport terminal, access through corridor from Sky City. Nice room and shower, very clean and quiet, TV with local, english and german RTL. Great breakfast buffet, I am looking forward to my next stay at ARN.

Room Tip: Pool was not yet open in Feb 2013, but will be constructed for the summer season.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ClarionHotelArlanda, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Arlanda Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear ZurichBoston,

Thank you very much for you kind review and feedback of our services. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you are looking forward to come back many times more. So are we!

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the variety of tv channels as well as looking forward to the pool being open. We are truly excited ourselves as we know that our gym and relaxation area will be a top product for both in-house as well as for external guests. It is today possible even though you are not staying with us to use this area. We offer solutions for everyone in the need of a shower, that wants to work out or simply offer a great product for someone interested in enjoying our steam and dry saunas. We even have a gym/relaxation and breakfast package offer that you can read more about on our website.

Thank you once more and very welcome back to us soon again.

Yours sincerely,