“Perfect place to stay before/after stressful travel”

Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here after a flight from Copenhagen to Stockholm for one night before flying from Stockholm back to Philly. We were tired, stressed, and in need of some relaxation. This place is great for that. There is a free shuttle that takes you to and from the airport that leaves reliably every fifteen minutes. It takes five minutes to get from point A to point B, and the shuttle's hours are comprehensive, running from 4am or so until the wee hours of the night. It was nice not to have to book a cab or spend more money! Check-in was quick and easy, and the place has clearly been newly renovated because it smelled like new carpet and looked pristine. We got in at 9pm or so, and we were hungry! The restaurant's hotel has a decent menu at this time of night, and the staff were very willing to cater to my being a vegan. It wasn't the most exciting meal I've ever had, but they did everything they could to help me out, and it was 9pm on a Sunday, so I was pleased to get what I did.

The rooms are very quiet and pretty spacious. They're of a very nice quality, too. I slept well.

The gym and pool are both very nice, and the breakfast buffet is really good. There are tons of breads, meats, cheeses, baked beans, cereal, mushrooms, sausages, eggs, and bacon. If I was able to walk away stuffed as a vegan, I imagine anyone could get a great meal here. They also cater to gluten and lactose-free diets in case that applies to you.

Overall, I was very happy with this hotel. It was a great way to end our trip, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs an airport hotel in this wonderful city.

Room Tip: I don't know there is a bad room here - they're all sound proof!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Check-in staff were informative and pleasant, but no offer to assist with baggage and they were perfectly at ease with me helping myself to the large bell-hop luggage trolley and taking all of our heavy bags up to the room. Considering the hotel is in the throes of a major renovation there were limited dining and bar facilities and getting to the room was like going through a construction site - dust, sawdust, noise, everywhere, though this did cease by 6pm. The (refurbished) room was OK, but very small - so small that the room door opened outwards into the corridor, as did the shower room, which was about the smallest I'd ever seen! The room was hot despite the fact that the A/C showed 19C it wasn't possible to adjust it. The restaurant staff were very pleasant and working in difficult circumstances. the food was OK.
Checkout was pretty clinical and there was no enquiry about whether we'd enjoyed our stay. All in all, I might stay there again, but not until they finish renovating and offer better concierge services.

1  Thank Tim J
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked the hotel somewhere in autumn 2012 for 1 night, because of the very good reviews here on tripadvisor. I rated it 5 points in every way...BUT...they really deserve this after the renovation is done. This means that by entering the hotel you already see that renovations are going on. For me that's not a great way to start my holiday. Our room was in a hallway that wasn't finished yet. The room was already renovated and looked very nice. But there was still a lot of dust on the airco unit, which was very quiet, and on the wall behind the bed. As I have asthma, it was no option to stay. The woman at the reception was very swift in handling this problem. They offered us the royal salon, a suite. Not that big but also renovated and the hallway was also done.
As I booked this hotel way in advance they should have informed me about the renovation so that I had a choice to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: At this point in time, ask for a renovated room on a complete renovated floor!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Overnight stay at the Radisson after a late flight into Arlanda. Very speedy bus #14 transfer through and extremely efficient check in at reception. Hotel undergoing some renovations but of NO real significance in precluding a fantastic stay. Room clean and very comfortable. From the time we set foot into the hotel through to arranging toiletries when bags were delayed - and even swim trunks for the family to enjoy the pool - this hotel excelled itself. Breakfast was a great selection of tasty Swedish treats and lots of smiling faces to keep the coffee pot filled. Keep up the good work guys. RECOMMEND with capital R. Thanks! We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a single night, just prior to embarking on a 14-day cruise. We flew in from London Heathrow and found the free shuttle at the airport without a problem. Check-in was efficient and the room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast buffet (included in the room charge) was the best I have seen in any hotel, regardless of cost. All of this was around USD 140, and one of the best bargains we have seen in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times over the past two years for business trips to Sweden. It's a good hotel with convenient free frequent bus service to the airoprt terminals. Beds very comfortable for a good nights sleep and bar/restaurant facilities are also good. I have also used the confernce.meeting facilities which are also good.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great hotel, very close to Airport via the shuttle bus. Room perfect beds very comfy. Expensive for a drink, but you expect that in Sweden. The Hotel was under a massive redecoration programme, however no disruption. Staff very friendly and attentive. Really enjoyed the breakfast, great selection. Certainly good value for money

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends