“Perfect overnight stay”

Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is a perfect choice for those having overnight stay between flights from Stockholm, Arlanda airport. Free shuttle bus goes every 15 min and it takes only 10 min, or even less. Rooms are Scandinavian standard, meaning perfectness: clean, comfortable with all you need, including kettle to make tea/coffee, iron+ironing board, free wifi, flat screen, desk and comfortable bed. Bathroom supplies are of superior quality: organic shower gel, soap, shampoo. Breakfast buffet is very rich with a great variety of Swedish specialties and normal breads and cereals. Healthy juice mixtures are very tasty.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The only reason you'd stay here is a late arrival or early departure from Stockholm's Arlanda airport. Having said that it was comfortable and the staff were all really noticeably friendly and helpful. Waiting for the shuttle bus in the February cold at 10pm can be a drag but there is no alternative: taxis will not take you the short distance. There's not much more to say about it!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here one night to get a flight the next day to Kiruna. The location of the hotel was handy, and there was a free shuttle bus to which ran back and forward to the hotel approx every half hour. The room was small but comfortable and quiet. I had booked the hotel because there was a pool, but was very disappointed when i arrived to find that the pool was not in use and appeared to be gettting renovated. Would not have booked this hotel if had been aware the pool was not in use. The bar food and the breakfast was lovely. Staff also very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Ally6277,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences on your stay at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel!
I am glad that you appreciated the room and that you enjoyed the food in the bar and in the breakfast! Regarding the pool it has been undergoing a renovation since it all of a sudden started leaking water. It was of course very unfortunate and nothing we predicted, and I know that even though we posted the information on our web site, the closed pool caused problems for many guests. I am sorry that we did not entirely live up to you expectations on us because of this. I sincerely hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back to our hotel once again in the future.
Kind regards, Maria Tullberg

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The location & shuttle bus are great for the airport, and the staff are very friendly & helpful. There is currently a major renovation project on at the hotel, and the older parts look dated - my room was one that was older. However, it was still comfortable, clean, and with good food. I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Maria T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Andrew D,
First let me thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you appreciated our service and the proximity to the airport – it is only a few minutes with the shuttle bus up to the terminals of Arlanda Airport, but still it almost feels like you are in the countryside when staying here. Did you know that if you like to go for a jog, there is a running track that will give you a nice outdoor experience, around the lake close to Arlandia Hotel?
It is nice to read that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room, as well as the food. Our Executive Chef always looks for ecological products from local producers, and we change the menus according to season to serve the best quality.
We are happy to be renovating the hotel! The first fresh, contemporary rooms are already opened – maybe you will check in to one of those on your next visit?

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Hotel is nice and easy to reach by the airport shuttle bus. Receptionists are friendly and the free wifi is a good service. However, the single room size was really small and the breakfast was good, but not great. Overall, good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Maria T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Petsko,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel! I am glad that you appreciated the services and the free wi-fi. We just had the wi-fi system upgraded in the entire hotel, as one part of the extensive refurbishment that our hotel is going through right now. Maybe next time you stay with us, you will stay in a totally renovated room since we are opening the first 52 modern and comfortable rooms in just a few weeks. I am looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having a Carlson loyalty card I was surprised that my card was not recognised when I checked in to stay at this hotel. The reason, according to the check-in was that the room was paid by a Company on a bill.
I have a Carlson Loyalty Card and found it odd that I did not get to use it on check in. The girl at the desk told me that I could use it in the bar however.
When I tried to use it in the bar, along with my own credit card, I was told that I couldn't use it in the bar. The reception told me that it was only for non-alcoholic drinks from the bar.
The room was OK as was the breakfast except from the bacon that was cremated.

Room Tip: Get another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Maria T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear wikgoran,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel.
I am sorry that we failed to live up to your expectations on us. It is true that when your bill does not include any room charge, for instance when you are part of a group and the room charges all go to a joint invoice, there are no points given to your personal Club Carlson account.
You do however still receive your discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages in our bar and restaurant. We obviously need to sharpen our routines so that our guests are sufficiently informed on the benefits of Club Carlson loyalty program. Please continue to remember to present you Club Carlson card upon check-in - that way you will not miss out on any points or special offers. I hope that you have seen the present campaign where you can earn triple points if you stay in any of our hotels before March 15th? You can register at the website to get the extra points for your next eligible stay. It is nice to read that you liked your room - I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to us at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have used this hotel many times during the years, when flying out of Stockholm Arlanda airport. The long-term parking is right beside the hotel, so you can park your car and walk back to the hotel. The excellent breakfast is served from 4.30 AM and the shuttle bus to terminals start running at 5.00 AM, so you are able to handle most early flights.

The prices are always somewhat lower than the even more convenient Radisson Sky City right in the terminal building.

All-in-all, it is an airport hotel, and as such it does what is should.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Maria T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Napoleon61,
I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you choose to stay with us regularly!
It is also nice that you enjoy our rich breakfast buffet – it is a great way to start the day. And if you need to start your day early it is convenient to have the full buffet served from 4.30 am every day!
The parking lots are as you say, located just around the hotel and you can include the parking fee with the room charge and pay everything at once. It is popular among our guests to stay on night before travelling on an early flight, leaving the car parked outside the hotel until returning after a week or two. The free shuttle bus will help you to and from each airport terminal every fifteen minutes.
Again, thank you – and I hope to get a chance to welcome you to Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel again soon!

Maria Tullberg