“Practical, Comfortable, and Welcoming for the Right Price”

Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Arlandastad
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Firstly: this is not a resort -- it's a business hotel.
However, If ever I fly into Stockholm-Arlanda Airport and need a nice place to stay for the night, I will, without doubt go back to Arlandia. The hotel is much more affordable than staying inside Stockholm and the hotel offers everything you need to hold over for the night.

It was so wonderful to arrive in a foreign country with such a warm welcome. Since I arrived before my girlfriend I had some time to use the exercise facilities, swim in the pool, and the rest in the sauna before grabbing a beer at the restaurant near the lobby. The servers at the restaurant were fabulous -- talkative, informative, and jovial. When I mentioned that my girlfriend was arriving very late they offered to make up a grilled chicken salad after hours.

The room was great! We were originally assigned a room with two single beds, but it was incredibly easy to go to the front desk and ask for a double bed (and get bumped up to a business class room). Bed was great. Room was clean and well-lit.

Free wifi! Internet access is a must for me, and it was greatly appreciated.

Location? Well...it's outside the proximity of the airport. Don't plan to go anywhere; you're on an oasis. However, when you're ready to leave, the free 5-minute shuttle to the airport runs every 15 minutes.

Room Tip: It's seems quite Swedish to obtain a room with two single beds instead of a double. Just ask for...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2011

easy to get to from airport terminal. Room decor was very 1970s/80s but clean and comfortable

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed there for 1 night before an early morning flight.
The staff is friendly, polite and helpful.
The rooms are old but comfi.
Pool and sauna were just in place.
Dinner was relatively small and expensive.
Take-away breakfast (if you intend to leave before 05:00) is poor, but normal breakfast is OK.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We were travelling to Maputo, with 2 kids. When we got to the airport there were no seats on the connection, so we had to go back to the hotel. It was nice and comforting to be welcomed again and the staff gave us all their support. Thanks a lot

Reviewed August 7, 2011

The main reason for choosing this hotel, was that we had an early plane to catch, and needed somewhere to stay near the airport. I've stayed here once before and was quite happy with the quality of the hotel. They also offered free parking, which was a major plus as we were going to New York for eight days. The also offer free shuttles to the airport every fifteen minutes (the ride takes about 5 mins).

We arrived late on a Wednesday and left fairly early on Thursday morning, and I think moste people that stay here only stay for one night - as it is, like stated before, an airport hotel. We had a drink in the bar, which was priced as expected in a place like this, ie. quite expensive. Breakfast is free and is served from 4.30AM. The buffet was really good with plenty of stuff to choose from (everything from hot breakfast such as bacon and eggs, to fruit salads, different kinds of bread and various cerelas), and not crowded at all.

The sleep quality in the hotel, however, is worse than I remembered from last time - or maybe we were just unlucky and got a noisy room this time. I'm not sure, I just know I didn't sleep very well - and it wasn't because of the beds (they are very comfy). My daughter slept on an pull-away bed that was half broke underneath, but as she is quite little she wasn't affected by the discomfort and therefor we didn't complain to the staff about this.

The staff is quite helpful, but somewhat ignorant. When we arrived we had plenty of suitcases and bags with us, but no one bothered to help us - although none of them were busy (apart from chatting with each other!).

All-in-all, I'll probably stay here again if I need a hotel close to Stockholm airport - but mainly because of the good deal with free parking and delicious brekkie.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I had the breakfast at the room, and i have never seen such poor breakfast in any hotel ever.
It was just 2 tiny pieces of bread, one lousy "orange" juice and a terrible coffee.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times both for business and leasure, now we were with 3 year old child. This hotel has one of the best selection for breakfast I have ever enjoyed at Radisson hotels. Although it's by the airport you will not hear airplanes unless you open window. Indoor pool is open from 06.00 till 23.00. There is great play area with Lego and some toys by the pool side. So you can enjoy swimming while you kid is playing with Lego. Hertz, Avis and Sixt rental offices are just opposit the hotel. So you can arrive in the evening to the hotel and pick up you car in the morning and thus save some money :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlandastad
Norrmalm
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel
Good Morning Arlanda
#3 of 9 in Arlandastad
Norrmalm
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm

Been to Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm? Share your experiences!