“Much better restaurants around”
Review of Alino de Yiyo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alino de Yiyo
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Alinodeyiyo@gmail.com it is the best new restaurant in the area !
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Interior is appealing but the service is low calibre and amateur. Food was just okay and certainly nothing special. There are much better restaurants nearby for similar money. We will not be back here.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a meal out with wife and two hungry teenage boys whilst staying last week at La Manga Club.
Bar/Reastaurant is new but we were first in at 7.45pm. Waiter was useless and had to get a colleague to help with our ordering. Iberian ham was nice but 18 euros for a small plate as a starter???
Chef made a mistake with my T bone steak order which was delivered rare .Still tasted reasonably good and was larger than I expected. Soggy potatoes and vegetables as sides were unpleasant My wife wasn't happy with her meal of Dorado and same vegetables . Food overall was poor and expensive. We decided not to stay for dessert as it just didn't look like improving. My recommendation - give Alino de Yiyo a miss.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Yiyo's is not only a great tapas bar but also the best Spanish dining restaurant in Los Belones by a very big margin. The decor is modern, the food is traditional but with some surprising modern twists - especially the signature dish of Yiyo's ensalada with his special dressing.

What is also great about this restaurant is that it is popular with the Spanish locals many of whom come from Cartagena to eat there.

Well worth a visit or two or three.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Like the reviewer before me, myself and partner have visited this place on many occasions for their wide range of delicious tapas but had never tried the restaurant so when I had friends out to visit recently we decided to give it a try. We were delighted that we did. They do have outdoor seating but the restaurant inside is beautifully decorated with nice large tables so you have plenty of room. Service was first rate, our waitress was German and although she spoke only a little English she was friendly and very professional. The menu is very Spanish and our table had a selection of items - the fish dishes which were all cooked beautifully, my other friend had chicken with a pepper sauce which she said was wonderful also. We had a really lovely evening there. Really hoping we can get back there again soon to try some of their other dishes.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Visted this well apointed restaurant for the first time on a Monday evening and was very impressed with the high standard of both food and service. I have eaten tapas here many times (they won the recent 'ruta de la tapa' tapas route over 23 other restaurants with good reason) which is always fresh and tasty. The restaurant is seperate to the bar and is cosy without being cramped and is tastfully decorated. Service was friendly and unhurried. The food is typically Spanish, with an emphasis on flavour. I had the shoulder of goat which was tender and in a lovely garlic sauce. My friends all had fish which were cooked with care. The wine list was quite small but well thought out and very fairly priced compared to some restaurants.

Well recommended - this should quickly become one of the more popular places to dine in Los Belones. It can be tricky to spot from the main road - it's to the side of the first block of businesses in a modern building to the right of the main road if entering from the La Manga Club (roundabout) side.