“Peaceful hillside stay & more”

Ephesus Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirazli
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Ephesus Boutique Hotel was the perfect combination of a beautiful location, peaceful relaxation, incredible meals, a comfortable room, and attentive/friendly staff. When I say incredible meals I meant to say some of the most mouth watering dishes I had the pleasure of experiencing. All of the meats, cheeses, fruits & vegetables are locally grown - everything is prepared fresh! The owner Mustafa personally prepared every succulent meal & his wife and another lady created the evening desserts. Mustafa spoke perfect English which is an enormous help when your Turkish vocabulary is 5 words. I purchased a hand made Turkish rug and Mustafa told me if I had any problems with the rug's delivery to let him know & he would handle it. Mustafa & his family went out of their way to let us experience a truly memorable trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I loved my stay here - Kirazli (means "cherry" in Turkish) is in a charming little village a short drive from Selcuk and well worth the hike. It has a very Napa-like feel. The hospitality and warmth at Ephesus Boutique Hotel are unmatched - the cook even asked me what I'd like for dinner if I chose to eat at the hotel (and do this at least once during your stay) and taught me to make the dishes he cooked for my meal that night as a bonus. I truly felt at home here - my room was lovely and it was a pleasure capping off each day with a glass of wine in the rose garden. Don't miss this little gem.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The owner of this hotel has been in the business for many years and brings his experiences and knowledge to this endeavor with great passion and outstanding results. My daughter and I were traveling together and he assisted us in many ways beyond merely providing a place to sleep. He does much of the food preparation himself and is most generous in sharing his knowledge of food and its place in the Turkish culture. It was a relaxed, comfortable and secure stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Ephesus Boutique Hotel is just a lovely place to stay ... modern yet in an old-world setting, and convenient to the historical sites of eastern Turkey.

Mustafa and his family are great company and can help a traveler with anything along the way. When I left a tablet charger behind, he even arranged to get it back to me in Istanbul. Above and beyond the call.

And you won't get a better meal, prepared entirely with ingredients from the premises or from local farms and markets, anywhere.

I traveled with a tour group from EpicureanTravel.com and we were able to get into the whole food thing more than most visitors would. Mustafa took us shopping and we had a full day with the master chef in his kitchen, getting cooking lessons that we're all putting to use back home!

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room in the place but consult Mustafa if you're particular about the view...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel. Mustapha is a wonderful host. His staff are so friendly. Our room was very comfortable. Food excellent, much of it from his own garden. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Be sure to have a walk through the village as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank margy444
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We just finished our second stay at the hotel and it was exactly why we came back, this time bringing our parents for them to share the experience. The best thing about this quaint hotel is Mustafa and his great staff. You truly are made to feel part of the family and Mustafa is a fantastic host and chef. The staff are attentive to anything you need and Mustafa can arrange any tours, transport, etc. The best part is staying up til the early hours drinking Rakki with Mustafa and solving all the world's problems! The food is all fresh from the hotel's gardens and is perfect. The hotel is tucked away on the outskirts of the village, but once you walk through the doors and see the beautiful view and gardens, you immediately relax. Plus, you are only 20 minutes from Ephesus and Mary's house. Another great visit - cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rush1001
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We arrived at the hotel via a lovely drive through countryside and farming communities, passing donkeys laden with produce. We were met by the hotelier's wife and shown to our rooms. We could feel ourselves relaxing immediately! We were in low-season and appeared to be the only guests staying. We were soon given refreshments and since the sun was shining we were asked if we would like loungers by the pool. We spent the afternoon relaxing and listening to the sounds of the countryside...and the numerous chickens in the lovely gardens. Our daughters were charmed by the hotel cat Simarik (spoiled one) who is happy to be cuddled. We had been asked if we would like dinner, and after reading all the previous positive reviews, we of course said yes. The smell from the kitchen was divine all afternoon! The ambience is such that you feel as though you are a guest in a friends home, and we felt truly welcome. We became acquainted with Mustafa (the owner) and his young daughter and watched them go about their business tending to the garden etc.
We arrived in the dining room for dinner at 7pm and couldn't believe the spread before us! The food was exceptional and plentiful. Freshly cooked produce from the gardens and a huge array of dishes for the first course and mouth-wateringly succulent lamb for main. This was followed by home made baklava and I have rarely tasted a dessert so delicious! Mustafa joined us with a bottle of beautiful wine (for our anniversary) after dinner and we chatted for the evening. He truly is a remarkable and excellent host, regaling us with stories and information about Turkish culture etc.
After a comfortable night we arose to a vast Turkish breakfast which we all loved! Home-made preserves and many types of cheese and endless tea! Try the apple jam! Delicious!
We had to check-out soon after breakfast and the whole family were sad to leave. Our one regret is that we had only booked the one night and wish we had stayed longer.
We would recommend this hotel to travellers seeking a true Turkish experience. It is in the countryside in a rural, farming area therefore a car is advisable. But please do not rule it out...enjoy the drive there and the warm hospitality!
Hoping to visit again this year...for a longer period of time. Well done Mustafa and family! So glad to have met you.

Room Tip: We booked the Honeymoon Suite which is huge with a comfy sofa and fireplace. Bonus of having a huge...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mandy P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirazli
Kirkinca Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kirazli
Kayserkaya Cottages
Kayserkaya Cottages
#8 of 10 in Sirince

Been to Ephesus Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!