In a lovely little village with a nice country church. The inn is quaint and has 8 ensuite bedrooms. The we had was no. 6 (do not take this room as the kitchen is underneath and the extractor system comes out next to the wall and is a loud low droning noise which did not switch off unti 22.40pm and came on again for breakfast at 7.15am) and was clean but very small and very close to walls on each side of bed. Bed king size and comfortable but need new / better pillows as very flat. Only shower no bath. Swinging a cat would be difficult. Over priced at £65. Shown to our rome by the barmaid and asked our preferred breakfast time. Looked at dinner menu which was very continental / greek - not what I was looking for from a local inn - expect local dishes and produce.
Breakfast was basic served in bar. Choice of 3 cereals with 1/2 pint of milk on table in an old type glass pint bottle. Small glass of organge juice set on table. No fruit. English breakfast of egg, bacon(one slice), large sausage, tomatoe, mushrooms, beans, hash brown, black pudding. Choice of toast and marmalade / strawberry jam. Need to up breakfast choice for price charged when compared to other inns / hotels I have visited in Oxfordshire in the last 6 years. May be down to just being taken over on 6th August - maybe!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently refurbished rooms at The Chequers mean that we offer fantastic quality, comfortable rooms only a short trip from Oxford centre and the Cotswolds. Our rooms have everything you need to make your stay comfy and enjoyable. All this but with sensible prices meaning your bank manager will be as delighted as you with your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Chequers Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chequers Hotel Cassington
- The Chequers Inn Cassington, Oxfordshire