“Sterling resort Munnar a Honeymoon heaven”
Review of Sterling Munnar

Sterling Munnar
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Chinnakanal
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I am Hariharan from chennai..

Last month only got married and i planned my honeymoon at munnar. my friends suggested to stay at sterling resorts.. its my first time to munnar an also to sterling..

my check in was on 15th of june planned to stay two nights..my staying arrangements was done before i reach..

i reached by afternoon 3pm..
The hotel looks very beautiful and also the location was awesome it was raining too very chill ..
reception staffs welcomed us with aarthi tikka an all..
we booked for an cottage.. they provided us umbrella took us to our cottage..
the room was very nice attached with a well equipped kitchenette .. very prompt service by the staff very friendly with us helpful too..
by evening 5pm we had a welcome party at restaurant with tea snacks..
all the managers welcome us.. explained about city and tourist destination near by..
they have lot of holiday activities more games too ..
we had a buffet dinner at restaurant.. food was very nice an the restaurant setup was good..
next day we went for sight seeing in hotel vehicle.. every where green green green full of tea estate.. awesome.. they arranged packed food from hotel itself..came back by eve..
next day i suppose to check out but i extended my stay for one more day.. not feel to go back to chennai.. cant leave this hotel atmosphere ...
finally out on 18th of june..
one of my great enjoyable days with my spouse at sterling resort munnar..

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2010

This one needs to be updated, rooms, fixtures, flooring, bathrroms needs a good make up. The location is good if you are the type to stay away from hustle bustle. The restaurant needs a better menu, a better chef and a more aethetic decor. The service is not too bad especially the room service considering that waiters need to travel a mile to reach your room.

A location like this needs to have rooms with a view which only few rooms offer, so u need to be really lucky to get one of them.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2010

on 27th sep 2009 i alongwith my family members a total of 8 people reached Sterling Munnar.

we had a booking in the name Gopal Agarwal under timeshare membership of Mr sarat agarwal.

CHECK IN : we reached at around 2pm, it was quite cold and raining. i asked at the reception about our booking, we were told our rooms are in a seperate block about 50 meters from the main building. and we were told to go on foot as no vehicle can go upto that place. as it was raining i asked for umbrellas which the hotel staff promptly refused.

seeing no other option we all had to walk in the shivering rain resulting in fever to two children of our group.

ROOM SERVICE: was very poor and it took them almost half an hour to provide any service.

HOUSE KEEPING: rooms did not had adequate blankets and pillows, the staff were reluctant to provide even the stipulated towels.

munnar becomes very cold in this season due to chilly winds blowing all the time. the rooms remain very cold all the time making us uncomfirtable.

there were no proper room heating arrangement, which is a must in hotels at such places.

we were provided with a small room heater which was barely able to heat even a small portion of the room.
in the night the winds blow at high speed and make a horryfying noise against the low quality windows.
with rooms remaining cold no adequate blankets and chilly winds blowing at high speeds it was a torture living in those rooms for me and my children.

since it was a time share property with self cooking facilty, the grocery shop should have been adequately stocked, on the contrary the hotel grocery shop did not even had the basic bread and butter in stock.

every time we needed some thing we had to walk about 70 meters to the main gate and a further 50 metres to the outside grocery store in the chilly rain.

the hotel boasts of a ayurveda centre advertising all kinds of massages.

we tried to buy some comfort at the ayurveda centre but it was more torturous than staying in the hotel.

when i booked the massages for us i specifically asked them "whether the massage room will be heated and warm" and the reply was in affirmative.

on 29th sep evening we went for the massage it was very cold outside as usual but we were dreaming of a cosy massage in well heated room.

on entering the massage centre i realised that we had made a mistake. it was small place with 4-5 partitioned rooms.

i was told to wait as another person was taking steam, after about half an hour wait i was led into a small cold room with a wooden table and a plastic chair.

i was asked to take off my cloths which i did but as the room had the same incapable room heater i was feeling very cold, but the massager assured me that within minutes it will be warm , but that was not going to happen, after removing all my cloths i was made to seat literally shivering with cold for the head and face massage. which took almost 10 minutes. then i was asked to lie on the hard and cold wooden table having no cushion etc. only a small pillow to support my head. by now i was regretting my decision to agree for the massage.

the massager starded massaging me i was repeatedly telling him that i am feeling cold and am not comfortable but it was of no use.

on completion of the massage i was told to take a bath, it was a very small dimly lit bathroom, i was told that due to 3-4 continious baths the hot water in the geyser has been exhausted so i was provided with half bucket hot water and mug for bathing. which was barely adequate to wash off the sticky oil from the body. the towels were sticky and wet, with previous use.

finally i came out and went to my room to recompose myself.

now comes the best part of the story.

at around 7.30 pm i went to the hotel reception to narrate the incident ,the counter staff was understanding was sympathetical towards me he even apologised , i then wanted to talk to the front office manager Mr Chandrashekhar to let him know about the matter. After much reluctance Mr chandrasekhar came on the line, when i narrated the whole incident to him, at first he was a little polite and listened to me when i told him that taking a massage their was a complete wastage of money, he asked me to wait for some time when he did not called for about half an hour i again made the reception to call him, this time Mr Chandrasekhar was Very arrogant he told me that he himself is an ayurvedic doctor and his massaging facility are perfectly ok. and it was perfectly alright to have a massage without warm room.

Mr chandrasekhar then offered me a discount of 10% as compensation. i told Mr chandrasekhar that as per my experience it was total waste of money on my part, i asked Mr chandrasekhar to take a massage their himself at my expense to get a first hand experience.

I ADVISE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PALNNING TO GO TO STRELING MUNNAR TO AVOID IT AS AFETR VISITING IT YOU WILL FEEL CHEATED.

I ALSO INVITE OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE VISITED STERLING MUNNAR T SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES

SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE NOT CHETAED OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY

MAHENDRA KEJRIWAL
----------
----------

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank mkindian
Reviewed June 10, 2010

We had opted Munnar as our first destination for our week long trip to Kerala when I visited along with my family . After the ardous drive from Kochi Airport it was a releif to find the Sterling property nestled about 8 kms from the town on a steep hill side . The resort was refreshing and the staff extremely efficient . Food was ok but lacked variety . The crowning achievement of the trip was the sighting of the blue Neelakurunji which blooms once in twelve years aptly naming the Nilgiris the Blue Hills . Sightseeing was a revelation in Munnar with the the lakes, national park ( where you can see the elegant Nilgiri Tahr ) the Tata Tea gardens and the tea factories as well as the abounding waterfalls . The stay in Sterling was very pleasnant and is definitely recommended for families and couples alike .

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Sterling resorts property is just adjacent to Mahindra Resorts and has a great view...is away from the chaotic town center and absolutely, calm, peaceful and serene...lovely place to go to and just relax!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Sterling resorts munnar, kerala, india
Period 12/5 to 19/5/2010 booking thro rci stayed uptil 16/5 only
Hotel situate - good, reception - decent, hotel and room cleanliness - leaves much to be desired, service - poor, restaurant and food - not palatable, travel desk very helpful and enthusiastic only saving grace! Avoid staying at this farce of a resort!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank shysun
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We had very good stay in this resort and enjoyed very much those days. There is very good views from the rooms and have more fecilities to use in this resort.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinnakanal
The Siena Village
Parakkat Nature Hotels & Resorts
Great Escapes Resorts
Great Escapes Resorts
#9 of 15 in Chinnakanal

Been to Sterling Munnar? Share your experiences!